Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why, impeachment isn’t politically hurting him and his previous military withdrawals from Syria were largely consistent with his isolationist leanings.

Probably to drown the media in jingoism.

He’s just started a war with Iran by attacking their general, that doesn’t fit with his isolationist leanings.

Probably to drown the media in jingoism.

He’s just started a war with Iran by attacking their general, that doesn’t fit with his isolationist leanings.
A wider war is very unlikely, for a host of different reasons I listed before, most of which come back to the two main participants being unable to afford a war.

-Iran is suffering from mass internal protests and political repression. Tehran is under huge fuel and economic strain atm. Russian and Chinese support is nowhere near assured.
-USA, political suicide, economically disastrous for the national debt and militarily draining against a determined enemy. Geostrategically, any ground invasion would further destabilise the ME.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump...................Boris, Boris, Boris, Boris.....................ScoMo, ScoMo, ScoMo, ScoMo.................

Here's a bizarre idea.................get sane, representative oppositions that can beat them in an election.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A wider war is very unlikely, for a host of different reasons I listed before, most of which come back to the two main participants being unable to afford a war.

-Iran is suffering from mass internal protests and political repression. Tehran is under huge fuel and economic strain atm. Russian and Chinese support is nowhere near assured.
-USA, political suicide, economically disastrous for the national debt and militarily draining against a determined enemy. Geostrategically, any ground invasion would further destabilise the ME.

What he did was literally an act of war on a sovereign nation.Iran will definitely retaliate, then what does Trump do? (I say Trump and not the US because he didn’t get approval for the attack).

The man is a loose cannon. I hope you’re right about them not going to war because Iran would be worse then Iraq and no doubt we’d have to jump in.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone know the story behind this? Has our PM not asked the USA for help we've already agreed to under our treaty with them?

Screenshot_20200104-150824_Twitter.jpg

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So a bunch of firefighters (legends!) But no air support despite there being an agreement in place that would send planes and choppers here immediately upon the PM requesting them.

Easy to overreact in a situation like this but if the above is true, WTF is going on?

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So a bunch of firefighters (legends!) But no air support despite there being an agreement in place that would send planes and choppers here immediately upon the PM requesting them.

Easy to overreact in a situation like this but if the above is true, WTF is going on?

He previously refused international help when he was advised that Australia was facing a catastrophic fire season this year.

They would already be here had he taken the warning seriously. Instead he prayed

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Follow this thread if you want to see how badly the Liberals have failed

Real eye opener. There’s also links to a fantastic video (be warned tho, * is every second word)

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It scares the **** out of me to read "It is too late to leave." Barring some miracle, I think that could imply that those people stuck in those locations are going to die to the fires or conditions. ****.

Lakes Entrance the cool change has arrived from 38 at 11am now down to 19 but with south west winds which are gusting.
At the moment we have had no issues, but I will be staying up till early morning just in case.
Some other areas have not been so lucky

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

i believe the suitability of such aircraft declines as the visibility and wind conditions. plus thay are really only handy for asset protection rather than fighting established fires deep in the forests.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It scares the **** out of me to read "It is too late to leave." Barring some miracle, I think that could imply that those people stuck in those locations are going to die to the fires or conditions. ****.
its more the fact that thair chances of survival are deemed to be more at risk driving on the open roads than sitting it out at a property or predetermined safer place. this is why they use examples of a field, open body of water or sporting field. whilst not ideal the probability of surviving at sich places is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back