Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the point I was getting at. The result of both are murder, usually with Drones they’re mass murder. (I don’t condone either fwiw. I think Obama is a war criminal for the drone attacks).

Murdering someone in cold blood weather it’s iclose range or calling a drone attack that kills civilians should be looked at the same way.

I actually find the disassociation people have with drone attacks very concerning. Makes them more likely to commit atrocities.

The mental health problems drone operators are getting seem to be worse than for average infantry.

The mental health problems drone operators are getting seem to be worse than for average infantry.

That’s interesting, maybe a delayed realisation of what they’ve done?

One of my brothers (who I barely know) was a captain during the Afghan war. When he spoke to me about it he seemed so detached from what he was doing. He basically said all he did was hide out with a team around him, find the target, mark a spot with some some sort of laser or signal (can’t remember exactly) and then the planes would bomb it.

That’s interesting, maybe a delayed realisation of what they’ve done?

One of my brothers (who I barely know) was a captain during the Afghan war. When he spoke to me about it he seemed so detached from what he was doing. He basically said all he did was hide out with a team around him, find the target, mark a spot with some some sort of laser or signal (can’t remember exactly) and then the planes would bomb it.

Yeah, "painting" the target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the fight against Daesh, the Kurds advanced from being under siege in Kobane to taking Raqqa with out many of the SDF ever actually seeing Daesh.

They'd advance, then the Kurdish elite units would go out with the embdedded Western special forces to recon the Daesh positions in the next town, paint them, then planes and drones would do their thing, the Daesh survivors would launch retaliatory suicide infiltration attacks - they had a special name for them that escapes, basically they would try and sneak into the Kurdish lines with bombs strapped to themselves, carrying a pistol and a few grenades aiming to take out who they could attempting to get into the tents where the Kurds slept - and once those petered out, the Kurds would advance into the ruined town, clear it and move on and rinse and repeat the next day.

Before the Aussie SAS went bananas in Afrghan they saved a big US unit from annihilation, 10th Mountain Division, by calling in aistrikes and painting targets when the Yanks got trapped in a Taliban ambush in a valley.

In the fight against Daesh, the Kurds advanced from being under siege in Kobane to taking Raqqa with out many of the SDF ever actually seeing Daesh.

They'd advance, then the Kurdish elite units would go out with the embdedded Western special forces to recon the Daesh positions in the next town, paint them, then planes and drones would do their thing, the Daesh survivors would launch retaliatory suicide infiltration attacks - they had a special name for them that escapes, basically they would try and sneak into the Kurdish lines with bombs strapped to themselves, carrying a pistol and a few grenades aiming to take out who they could attempting to get into the tents where the Kurds slept - and once those petered out, the Kurds would advance into the ruined town, clear it and move on and rinse and repeat the next day.

Before the Aussie SAS went bananas in Afrghan they saved a big US unit from annihilation, 10th Mountain Division, by calling in aistrikes and painting targets when the Yanks got trapped in a Taliban ambush in a valley.

How do you know all this stuff?

How do you know all this stuff?

giphy.gif

Are you stupid?

Its good that people controlling drones are suffering from what they do. It means they are still human and the brutality of what they do isn't sanitised.

Given you spend your life inside boxes or trying to fit others into them I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Are you stupid?

Its good that people controlling drones are suffering from what they do. It means they are still human and the brutality of what they do isn't sanitised.

Given you spend your life inside boxes or trying to fit others into them I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
you can understand without having mental health issues.

Saying "good" is essentially saying they deserve it. Further proof that people can come down on me for something but you say something far worse and it's all okay...

:drunk:

Another common sense failure.

If political leaders are speaking to trump or his staff about where to play golf a suggestion would be go to a trump hotel or golf course. Why? Because they would know the policies and procedures (how to safely operate with security risk and valuable assets). You go to the places that are better equipped to handle the situation.

Go to trumps places that may have handled this 100+ times vs. Another that may have handled it a handful and not that often...

Get past your trump bias and you might see the logic there...
What you call common sense is corruption 101.

What you think is expedient is corruption 101.

The only shocking thing about it is how blatant it is, and how the Trumpeteers dismiss the impropriety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back