Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob SantaMaria drove a wedge in to the working class vote by corralling the Catholics, and the Fabians are the middle class Oxbridge w***ers that infiltrated and internationalised Australian working class politics in the 1970's-80's.

Thanks for the history lesson. As I have no context it doesn’t mean anything to me. But I was talking to a mate the other day who is Czech, his parents can’t speak English but clearly raised him right and he is now an electrical engineer on some of the states biggest projects. We agreed that with hard work, a supportive family and maybe a bit of luck, you can achieve anything in this country.

Sure, he might have had to work harder than the blokes who’s dad is a ceo that lives in toorak, and there are people that will unfortunately forever limited in their future because of their family situation. But by and large u reap what u sow in this country imo.

Thanks for the history lesson. As I have no context it doesn’t mean anything to me. But I was talking to a mate the other day who is Czech, his parents can’t speak English but clearly raised him right and he is now an electrical engineer on some of the states biggest projects. We agreed that with hard work, a supportive family and maybe a bit of luck, you can achieve anything in this country.

Sure, he might have had to work harder than the blokes who’s dad is a ceo that lives in toorak, and there are people that will unfortunately forever limited in their future because of their family situation. But by and large u reap what u sow in this country imo.

I agree somewhat, but how long can a system sustain delusional entitlement by way of taxation? How many actual "producers" are there in this country?

How many SJW's have government jobs? I'd wager it's the majority.

I agree somewhat, but how long can a system sustain delusional entitlement by way of taxation? How many actual "producers" are there in this country?

How many SJW's have government jobs? I'd wager it's the majority.

Yeah that’s scary. Ageing population, fewer industries. The future doesn’t look as rosey as the past that’s for sure. That’s why immigration is so important. Or at least the right type of immigration (people that want to work hard and get ahead).

And these days every time a report comes out saying that we need to spend billions more on this or that social issue (which may be the case if we had the money to spend) I ask “what’s next”.

Yeah that’s scary. Ageing population, fewer industries. The future doesn’t look as rosey as the past that’s for sure. That’s why immigration is so important. Or at least the right type of immigration (people that want to work hard and get ahead).

And these days every time a report comes out saying that we need to spend billions more on this or that social issue (which may be the case if we had the money to spend) I ask “what’s next”.

Meanwhile..money for this lot, that lot, etc., etc.

It's going to hit a wall.

Very depressing to see poverty effect so many people.

So according to that there are 42 million African Americans in the US. Of which 22% face poverty, so 9.2 million extremely poor black people.

There are 236 million white people, of which 9% face poverty, or 21.2 million.

So basically poverty effects twice as many white Americans as it does black Americans.

Yet blacks and whites murder around as many people as each other.

I guess poverty is not the answer as to why or you would expect double the number of murders committed by white people?????
There's no straight answer to those figures, because it's a hugely complex topic.
Fwiw, here's how they get the definition of poverty:
Screenshot_20200604-215913.png

So one obvious boost to the poverty numbers would be senior citizens, while it also seems a college student living away from home with a part time job may be considered too. Then there's the difference between being poor in a regional area vs a metro area.

My experience as a poor person in a poor area surrounded by other poor people in a regional town growing up would have been very different to that of a poor person growing up in the flats in Lennox st, for example. I had a lot of people to lean on, little competition for jobs and most of my extended family and friends were not into drugs. I will note that some of the dudes I studied with had parents or older siblings that were hard into drugs. Those dudes and their partners invariably ended up in trouble with the law, dealers, and banks.

Most places around the world you can make something of your life if you want to, but if you grow up in a bad environment it makes it much, much harder to get a leg up, you could probably imagine that the generational disadvantage from parents, grandparents and those around you being repressed and giving up hope leads to more of the same.
The Irish were treated that way for a long time, and that reflects itself in prison numbers through history as well;
But obviously we aren't as maligned as we once were, so it's much easier for me to "have a go" than it was for my ancestors. images (59).jpeg

There's no straight answer to those figures, because it's a hugely complex topic.
Fwiw, here's how they get the definition of poverty:
View attachment 886855

So one obvious boost to the poverty numbers would be senior citizens, while it also seems a college student living away from home with a part time job may be considered too. Then there's the difference between being poor in a regional area vs a metro area.

My experience as a poor person in a poor area surrounded by other poor people in a regional town growing up would have been very different to that of a poor person growing up in the flats in Lennox st, for example. I had a lot of people to lean on, little competition for jobs and most of my extended family and friends were not into drugs. I will note that some of the dudes I studied with had parents or older siblings that were hard into drugs. Those dudes and their partners invariably ended up in trouble with the law, dealers, and banks.

Most places around the world you can make something of your life if you want to, but if you grow up in a bad environment it makes it much, much harder to get a leg up, you could probably imagine that the generational disadvantage from parents, grandparents and those around you being repressed and giving up hope leads to more of the same.
The Irish were treated that way for a long time, and that reflects itself in prison numbers through history as well;
But obviously we aren't as maligned as we once were, so it's much easier for me to "have a go" than it was for my ancestors.View attachment 886881

Food for thought. Thanks

What if poor white Americans had been induced to vote against their own economic interest by the weaponisation of identity issues like race, abortion and similar?

Only the feeblest of minds thinks identity issues are only prevalent on "side" aka "SJWs".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if poor white Americans had been induced to vote against their own economic interest by the weaponisation of identity issues like race, abortion and similar?

Only the feeblest of minds thinks identity issues are only prevalent on "side" aka "SJWs".

Kevin Phillips was a Republican strategist who wrote a book about it. He used the strategy. It worked and Trump was only the latest to use it.

Kevin Phillips was a Republican strategist who wrote a book about it. He used the strategy. It worked and Trump was only the latest to use it.

...........and therein lies the wedge that has been driven through working class politics by the SJW movement (this time).

Yes SJWs are noted Republicans

They may as well be................

".............the weaponisation of identity issues like race, abortion and similar..........."

.............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. :think:...........now who does that?

....................:lightbulb:

You can't even see what's directly in front of you.

Meanwhile, the workers actual needs get shifted further to the perimeter whilst middle class w***ers hold court on their stage.

Last edited:
This is rubbish. If you read the story there is nothing in it. There’s one source and it’s obviously a cop. I wonder how many people will form an opinion based on the headline? The news on the radio lead with ‘protesters planning on provoking the police this weekend’. Wtf are they playing at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back