Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely common sense prevails here, and the trust fund distributes the donations according to need.
Shocked that they can't even re-gift the money to other charities
Seemed like a good idea at the time. Well intentioned and a great result - but poorly set up and researched. People go off half cocked and now lotsa dosh will be spent trying to sort something that should never have been a problem.

#scottyfrommarketing also known as #liarfromtheshire has a thin skin. Campaigner of the highest order, whether he knew of this or not, I am blaming him anyway.

Seemed like a good idea at the time. Well intentioned and a great result - but poorly set up and researched. People go off half cocked and now lotsa dosh will be spent trying to sort something that should never have been a problem.

Seems most likely to me that the RFS don't want to disburse the funds to other charities as then they are not able to control the funds. I'm sure there are good intentions everywhere, but the ability to control $52m shouldn't be overlooked.

Seems most likely to me that the RFS don't want to disburse the funds to other charities as then they are not able to control the funds. I'm sure there are good intentions everywhere, but the ability to control $52m shouldn't be overlooked.
They’re not allowed to redistribute the funds, that’s the problem. It’s has to go to equipment and training. Everyone knew what they were donating too.
Honestly I don’t see a problem with the rural fire service getting all that money. I rather they rebuild every fire station, get new trucks/equipment then it get wasted by going to the Red Cross administration.

Last edited:
And funnily enough they love him. Will get re-elected.

Sad indictment on the american education system.

If the Democrats go for some s**t centrist candidate yes.

Bernie will beat him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Bernie would’ve beaten him last time around. It’s very rare that a president doesn’t go to a second term. Trump is no different.

Bernie will beat him this time around.

The numbers simply do not stack up for a "Trump inevitability" narrative.

He loses far more than he wins. Midtersm, various state and senate races he's anointed candidates.

If the Democrats nominate Bernie and actually support him, he'll streak it.

But the Democrat establishment is more scared of Bernie than trump.

Nah. Is it about using robotic insects to spy on people?

Well, yes, that's a key part of it.

Is great movie - premise is a terrorist (based on Samantha Lewthwaite) is found in East Africa, they only have a limited time to identify and approve a drone kill mission. Helen Mirren plays lead role, well worth it.

And yes, little locust size spy drones feature. They've actually been around for years, Israelis perfected them.

Bernie will beat him this time around.

The numbers simply do not stack up for a "Trump inevitability" narrative.

He loses far more than he wins. Midtersm, various state and senate races he's anointed candidates.

If the Democrats nominate Bernie and actually support him, he'll streak it.

Don't mozz Big Bad Bernie.

If Trump nails a 2nd term we'll all have to concede he's more than a painful anomaly, a la Richmond.

This is the point, Bernie needs to run as a third party or he’ll get screwed by his own party again.

have a look at the coverage of Bernie bro’s, the misogynistic, racist, homophobic, what ever else theyre slandering him with. And this is the Democratic Party.

Don't mozz Big Bad Bernie.

If Trump nails a 2nd term we'll all have to concede he's more than a painful anomaly, a la Richmond.

He lost the popular vote last time (it is a republic, not a democracy, so immaterial) and benefits hugely from a gerrymandered system.

The Collingwood Football Club Future Fund is invested in everything from international shares, to property and to complex “hybrid” securities recommended for sophisticated investors.

can someone please go Gordon Geeko on their arse and short the s**t out of every position they have...

We need a passionate wealthy group of suckers who like wasting money. Maybe we contact * coterie groups. If you cant beat them on the field, beat the in the boardroom.

Last edited:
He lost the popular vote last time (it is a republic, not a democracy, so immaterial) and benefits hugely from a gerrymandered system.

To be fair every major political party in the Westminster model (to put it scientifically) "Gerrymander the **** out of their electorates".

A couple of well placed Iran scare episodes at the right time will funnel enough interest the Trump Tigers way.

Just have to hope the Democrats don't shoot their Sanders in the foot.

To be fair every major political party in the Westminster model (to put it scientifically) "Gerrymander the **** out of their electorates".

A couple of well placed Iran scare episodes at the right time will funnel enough interest the Trump Tigers way.

Just have to hope the Democrats don't shoot their Sanders in the foot.

Ummmm nah, US isn't Westminster system and most countries that use it have bodies olike Electoral Commissions in place to stop gerrymandering

Ummmm nah, US isn't Westminster system and most countries that use it have bodies olike Electoral Commissions in place to stop gerrymandering

Similar enough. Interchange your figurehead/deity of choice. You get the point.

In short: Don't Kieran Harper this man with your assumed success. If Bernie wins you'll have sufficient time to wang out on here all you want.

Similar enough. Interchange your figurehead/deity of choice. You get the point.

In short: Don't Kieran Harper this man with your assumed success. If Bernie wins you'll have sufficient time to wang out on here all you want.

Nah entirely different. Like, not the same thing at all.

US state legislatures set the boundaries for seats, so you end up with gerrymandered monstrosities as seen below.

In Westminster system like the UK and Australian, an independent commission sets the boundaries to avoid this kind of politicisation.

I think the problem is she fundraised on the basis of delivering the money to families who have lost everything through the fires. By donating it to the RFS she stuffed up as they cannot redistribute donations by law. Poorly thought out and the people who gave money under a false belief the money would go to grass roots people are being let down.
Same with people who donated to the Red Cross. Mega millions yet the Red Cross said they were going to keep some of the money for future use - they have since back tracked on that statement. The donation business is a business first, charity second.
We need transparency and I don’t think that has happened as yet. Watch the controversies over distribution across the board continue. The people who really need it will be the losers,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back