Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is specifically not what what she said but James Lindsay claims it is. Don't forget over 3 years ago Harry was complaining abuse and threats his GF was getting. She specified racist comments - some campaigner called their kid a chimp and it was described as a lapse of judgement^. And what? The chick on telly has to explain why that is racist?

Are white people really that stupid? Call Harry's brother's kid a chimp in public and see what happens.

There's nothing untrue about her comments, and let's face it that prick the queen married is known for his racist attitudes. Who knows what happened behind closed doors to spark this.

But nah here is some white academic fraud from Texas who reckons racism doesn't exist so let's go with that instead.

^Similar to the "lapse of judgement" that saw a bunch of young Alice springs men of "otherwise good character" decide to drive their 4wd thru a bunch of indigenous camps before going home to get guns and then kicking an aboriginal guy to death.

At least they went to prison for that, for about 6 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea. Spewing though because groin was a quality poster. We butted heads in this thread a bit but I like engaging with people with a different POV then mine. It’s good to be challenged....makes you asses your standpoint.

Funny Karmichael Hunt too.

Here is a hard truth to ponder, Greta: if the great producers of this world whom you excoriate were to withdraw their productivity, wealth and talents—in short—their minds from the world today, your generation would simply perish. Why? Because as children you have done nothing as yet, with your lives besides being born. This is what we expect of children until such time as they can be producers by learning from their elders. You are understandably social and ecological ballast. You are not yet cognitively advanced to replicate the structures of survival of which you are the beneficiaries.

Children are important installments on the future. We have invested in you. It is you and your smug generation which think they have nothing to learn from the older ones who are failing themselves. Whom do you expect to employ the majority of you if you have neither the job credentials or life competency skills to navigate the world? The future unemployable-skipping- school-on-Friday obstreperous children?

The truth, as one anonymous blogger aptly put it, is that your generation is unable to work up to forty hours per week without being chronically depressed and anxious. Its members cannot even decide if they want to be a boy or a girl, or both, or neither, or a “they.” They cannot eat meat without crying. I might add that your generation needs “trigger warnings” and “safe spaces” as pre-conditions for learning in school. Its members have a pathological need to be coddled and protected from the challenging realities of life. Your generation is the biggest demander and consumer of carbon spewing technological gadgets and devices. An hour without any of them and too many of you succumb to paralyzing lethargy. Your generation is the least curious and most insular set of individuals one has ever encountered. Your hubris extends so far that you think you have nothing to learn from your elders.

No idea. Spewing though because groin was a quality poster. We butted heads in this thread a bit but I like engaging with people with a different POV then mine. It’s good to be challenged....makes you asses your standpoint.

Funny Karmichael Hunt too.
That's a shame. He posted some of the funniest bf posts I ever read, particularly the Terrence and Phillip style photoshop clips with Brad.

He did post alot though. Maybe he just remembered he had a life. Good luck GG.

Here is a hard truth to ponder, Greta: if the great producers of this world whom you excoriate were to withdraw their productivity, wealth and talents—in short—their minds from the world today, your generation would simply perish. Why? Because as children you have done nothing as yet, with your lives besides being born. This is what we expect of children until such time as they can be producers by learning from their elders. You are understandably social and ecological ballast. You are not yet cognitively advanced to replicate the structures of survival of which you are the beneficiaries.

Children are important installments on the future. We have invested in you. It is you and your smug generation which think they have nothing to learn from the older ones who are failing themselves. Whom do you expect to employ the majority of you if you have neither the job credentials or life competency skills to navigate the world? The future unemployable-skipping- school-on-Friday obstreperous children?

The truth, as one anonymous blogger aptly put it, is that your generation is unable to work up to forty hours per week without being chronically depressed and anxious. Its members cannot even decide if they want to be a boy or a girl, or both, or neither, or a “they.” They cannot eat meat without crying. I might add that your generation needs “trigger warnings” and “safe spaces” as pre-conditions for learning in school. Its members have a pathological need to be coddled and protected from the challenging realities of life. Your generation is the biggest demander and consumer of carbon spewing technological gadgets and devices. An hour without any of them and too many of you succumb to paralyzing lethargy. Your generation is the least curious and most insular set of individuals one has ever encountered. Your hubris extends so far that you think you have nothing to learn from your elders.

Problem is the writer ignores the power balance between the older and younger generations.

funnily enough the two best groups to put together to figure out a solution is boomers and gen Y.

yet they’ve been put at loggerheads.

Problem is the writer ignores the power balance between the older and younger generations.

The "power balance" is typically divided along the lines of stupidity, and is there for a good reason.

I wouldn't trust the average millennial to organise a s**t fight in a kindergarten, without requiring 4 bureaucrats to hold its hand.

The "power balance" is typically divided along the lines of stupidity, and is there for a good reason.

I wouldn't trust the average millennial to organise a s**t fight in a kindergarten, without requiring 4 bureaucrats to hold its hand.
Yes but I’d trust a millennial to automate four different social media accounts, automate their coffee switching on at six every morning with an integrated ‘internet of things’ smart home set up.
Smash out complex data bases, and able to pull out seemingly random to find a pattern.

These things are second nature to the kids.. that’s why people call them lazy, they’re not just more efficient.

but ask them to set up a tent that’s not a dome and have a laugh. Complete different skill sets. People have to acknowledge.
The point is Boomers have cash and spare time, also a lot of them went thru Vietnam protests and know how to mobilise. The kids can amplify the message.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back