Not open for further replies.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m not sure how successful he’ll be.
it worked in the US because their politicians are media trained to an inch of their lives and couldn’t handle essentially pub banter.
But he’s also in the safe set of Kew so being part of the party, it’s incumbent of him to be the attack dog, even to the detriment of his own image.
that way some of the more marginal seats can play the centre..

Methinks Timmy angling for the leadership. Hope he likes being in opposition..

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dozens of cruise ships are still stuck at sea, clustered in groups in the Caribbean, the Atlantic Ocean and the South China Sea, tracking sites show.

The cruise industry has been closed down globally due to the COVID-19 virus, with notable outbreaks on board several ships including the Ruby Princess in Australia and the Australian-owned Greg Mortimer.

Eighteen ships are anchored off Manila in the Philippines, including many of the ships that sail Australian waters during our summer cruising season, such as Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas, Cunard's Queen Elizabeth and Celebrity Solstice.

MANILA: A powerful typhoon hit the central Philippines on Thursday (May 14), forcing a complicated and risky evacuation for tens of thousands already hunkered down at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Tens of millions more live along the typhoon's path, which is expected to take it near the densely populated capital Manila.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Interesting runner in the next at Pakenham. race 6 - No 10. Scamper. Come on Timmyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!
17215.jpeg

During the Black Saturday fires in 2009 local Melbourne ABC was used by people in the fire ground.

The CFA Comms failed and it was people arriving in Kinglake and calling the ABC that actually informed the CFA hq in Melbournes cbd that the fire had burnt thru kinglake an Strathewen. I heard, listening online from Northern NSW, someone call in to the Abc asking what was going on, describing escaping the fire just, with the back of their car melted and the car immediately behind them engulfed in fire and that was the last they saw of it.

While this was happening no one in the abc or CFA knew what had happened. Multiple calls came in quickly and as a result the abc contacted the CFA, passed on the info and the CFA began to organise a response in the Kinglake area. At this time people in the evacuation centre at St Andrews were given the all clear and sent home, into the path of the fire, which changed direction as the wind change hit.

The abc was the only accurate source of info some of those people had.

During these recent fires the local abc was the only mum source of accurate local information in fire areas I was involved in.

This is exactly the same as it's always been, during fires and floods in this region.

You need to jam your anti abc attitude up your bum so you can have a good long look at it.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
During the Black Saturday fires in 2009 local Melbourne ABC was used by people in the fire ground.

The CFA Comms failed and it was people arriving in Kinglake and calling the ABC that actually informed the CFA hq in Melbournes cbd that the fire had burnt thru kinglake an Strathewen. I heard, listening online from Northern NSW, someone call in to the Abc asking what was going on, describing escaping the fire just, with the back of their car melted and the car immediately behind them engulfed in fire and that was the last they saw of it.

While this was happening no one in the abc or CFA knew what had happened. Multiple calls came in quickly and as a result the abc contacted the CFA, passed on the info and the CFA began to organise a response in the Kinglake area. At this time people in the evacuation centre at St Andrews were given the all clear and sent home, into the path of the fire, which changed direction as the wind change hit.

The abc was the only accurate source of info some of those people had.

During these recent fires the local abc was the only mum source of accurate local information in fire areas I was involved in.

This is exactly the same as it's always been, during fires and floods in this region.

You need to jam your anti abc attitude up your bum so you can have a good long look at it.
long time listner of the ABC however nicole chavastic really grates my bones at times.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dozens of cruise ships are still stuck at sea, clustered in groups in the Caribbean, the Atlantic Ocean and the South China Sea, tracking sites show.

The cruise industry has been closed down globally due to the COVID-19 virus, with notable outbreaks on board several ships including the Ruby Princess in Australia and the Australian-owned Greg Mortimer.

Eighteen ships are anchored off Manila in the Philippines, including many of the ships that sail Australian waters during our summer cruising season, such as Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas, Cunard's Queen Elizabeth and Celebrity Solstice.

MANILA: A powerful typhoon hit the central Philippines on Thursday (May 14), forcing a complicated and risky evacuation for tens of thousands already hunkered down at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Tens of millions more live along the typhoon's path, which is expected to take it near the densely populated capital Manila.
Lucky the Member for Manila George Christensen is stuck at home.

long time listner of the ABC however nicole chavastic really grates my bones at times.

I listen to it in Melbourne and less frequently here, but only cos I don't listen to the radio much.

Local abc always has the best info on what is happening during floods or fires or other stuff tho. Commercial networks just don't get it. It's like the abc attitude is more serious when shtf.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I dunno much about that guy but the premise of his book from two years ago is pretty spot on. #Billgatesconspiracy.

But he worked for McKinsey so how much of that problem did he cause?
I haven’t really heard of him either but looks as thou daddy worked for McKinsey in Mumbai.. wouldn’t trust a word coming out of his mouth.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I haven’t really heard of him either but looks as thou daddy worked for McKinsey in Mumbai.. wouldn’t trust a word coming out of his mouth.

His dad was pretty high up there. It’s how he got the job straight out of Yale or Harvard. He’s been propped up by the corporate media to be a kind of truth teller but he’s full of s**t. His opinions and his ‘truth telling’ only ever extend to the individual journalist and never where the corporate money comes from that own the media.

I fell for it must admit. It’s why I’m glad people like Dore and Blumenthal are out there to analyse and cut through the bullshit.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

She can barely string a coherent sentence together.

.................but we should listen to her anyway.

This is straight up child exploitation.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Kinda gotta feel a bit lol at the Tattslotto Div 1 winners. Just when they think they are on easy street, there are 12 of them. Mind you, 400k+ would be bloody nice, but you'd have to be dirty not to break the million when you finally win it

Kinda gotta feel a bit lol at the Tattslotto Div 1 winners. Just when they think they are on easy street, there are 12 of them. Mind you, 400k+ would be bloody nice, but you'd have to be dirty not to break the million when you finally win it

One of my great aunts won division 2 back in the day. Family were going nuts then found out it was the highest number of div 2 winners in the history of tatslotto.
Can’t remember the amount, but in the area to have a couple of decent nights out.
Dissapointing.

One of my great aunts won division 2 back in the day. Family were going nuts then found out it was the highest number of div 2 winners in the history of tatslotto.
Can’t remember the amount, but in the area to have a couple of decent nights out.
Dissapointing.
Kinda the same as my Grandad. His work syndicate won in like 1976, there was about 15 of them to divide up their win of around 27k. I think we were gifted a clothes dryer 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back