Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps best if you kept reading the thread.

Righto mate.

Out of interest, do you follow the DCHO on Twitter?

Or did you not know about her comments until Rita Panahi discovered them and blew the "story" up?

Righto mate.

Out of interest, do you follow the DCHO on Twitter?

Or did you not know about her comments until Rita Panahi discovered them and blew the "story" up?

I'm not on twitter or facebook, but I occasionally get news from twitter.

I wasn't aware until later that Rita was the one who 'broke' the story. But is it relevant? Are you attacking the messenger? It's literally only a story because the DHCO chose to post the tweet.

If she wanted it to be a personal message to like-minded friends and followers, surely a personal twitter account would have been the judicious choice.

Amazing.

"Scientists have so far identified 48 total species living inside of the prehistoric time capsule, including spiders, scorpions, centipedes, and many others. Incredibly, 33 of the creatures that were found are actually only found in this specific cave and nowhere else on earth. "

I wasn't aware until later that Rita was the one who 'broke' the story. But is it relevant? Are you attacking the messenger? It's literally only a story because the DHCO chose to post the tweet.

Nah.

With Trump the tweet is the story, he's got 80 million followers and is President.

But she had like 115 followers and the tweet was days old when Rita found it.

So, the tweet in of itself was doing nothing. She posted it and nothing happened.

It was Rita's presentation of the tweet that was the story. Because Rita used her position within News Corp to present it a certain way.

That was the story, not the tweet.

If she wanted it to be a personal message to like-minded friends and followers, surely a personal twitter account would have been the judicious choice.
It was only a story in a few minds though; these minds tend to be the loudest with most institutional power. But it shouldn't have been a story.

Guys, she holds a senior medical position in the state, at a time when we are facing a medical emergency. People who occupy such critical roles need to be aware that the community is expecting them to keep their eye on the ball.

It's the optics - she's fully entitled to carry her opinions, but she needs to be aware of the level of professionalism required in her position. The community has the right to expect its high level appointees to be doing their job and not publicising unrelated personal political views.

The fact that she has few followers is not justification. The pandemic has made her role high profile and she should expect to be monitored. It's another minus in my eyes if she was too naive to process this fact.

Guys, she holds a senior medical position in the state, at a time when we are facing a medical emergency. People who occupy such critical roles need to be aware that the community are expecting them to keep their eye on the ball.

It's the optics - she's fully entitled to carry her opinions, but she needs to be aware of the level of professionalism required in her position. The community has the right to expect its high level appointees to be doing their job and not publicising unrelated personal political views.

The fact that she has few followers is not justification. The pandemic has made her role high profile and she should expect to be monitored. It's another minus in my eyes if she was too naive to process this fact.
She works within a department that has produced results the envy of anyone in the world.

Im not going to use the fact that some people were upset as a reference point for what she should do or say.

She works within a department that has produced results the envy of anyone in the world.

Im not going to use the fact that some people were upset as a reference point for what she should do or say.

See, the problem is that I am now entitled to hold the view that her department has produced great results without her input. Have you ever been in an environment where a team has produced a good outcome despite incompetent clowns in the top jobs?

Not saying she is incompetent, I'm just saying her tweet has raised the possibility in my mind (when my default view would have been that she was there on merit and contributed materially to the outcomes).

See, the problem is that I am now entitled to hold the view that her department has produced great results without her input. Have you ever been in an environment where a team has produced a good outcome despite incompetent clowns in the top jobs?

Not saying she is incompetent, I'm just saying her tweet has raised the possibility in my mind (when my default view would have been that she was there on merit and contributed materially to the outcomes).
Very few people will question her competence based on a tweet that upset some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys, she holds a senior medical position in the state, at a time when we are facing a medical emergency. People who occupy such critical roles need to be aware that the community is expecting them to keep their eye on the ball.

But clearly it didn't effect the way she did her job.

She sent the tweet, and for days nobody noticed anything different did they?

It was only when a New Corp columnist came along and told everybody how to think, that people suddenly discovered this.

I cbf discussing this further, you've got your view, that's fine, it is the same as Rita Panahi's.

By and large, the only time you want to agree with Rita is if you're discussing Essendon.

If somehow things went to s**t from the second she posted the tweet, yep, I could see it.

Or even if random punters had found her Tweet and and gone yeah nah, and it went viral, clearly there was real community concern.

It was Rita Panahi in a typical News Cirop attempted hatchet job.

People claiming to be free of a political lens yet falling for a basic News Corp hatchet job hook line and sinker, makes you think hey maybe they aren't free of a political lens.

If somehow things went to s**t from the second she posted the tweet, yep, I could see it.

Or even if random punters had found her Tweet and and gone yeah nah, and it went viral, clearly there was real community concern.

It was Rita Panahi in a typical News Cirop attempted hatchet job.

People claiming to be free of a political lens yet falling for a basic News Corp hatchet job hook line and sinker, makes you think hey maybe they aren't free of a political lens.

I was going to let it go, but your last line is rubbish.

If the woman was a Liberal appointee under a Liberal government, you would have been down her throat for the tweet.

My reaction would be unchanged from what I have articulated in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back