Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Poor Sam has gone full senile

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

No. He knew exactly what he was doing. His archaic views are no longer acceptable to be a viable option in commercial media so he’s tried to drag like minded people over to his podcast. Not senile, just cunning

Boomerfan99

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nuggets
You probably need to kick the ball a few thousand times to get it down pat. If you have a mate you can kick with that can go in a month or two, if you can find the time.

Good luck.

Thanks Ferbs. The beauty about working from home is I can sneak out at lunch time to get some kicks in.

My goal is to get some muscle.memory with the small kicks. Hopefully when that is second nature, I can progress to kicking at full sprint.

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
No. He knew exactly what he was doing. His archaic views are no longer acceptable to be a viable option in commercial media so he’s tried to drag like minded people over to his podcast. Not senile, just cunning
And look, here we are talking about sam newman again. He knows how to work publicity

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Nicky Winmar takes legal action against AFL greats including Sam Newman after they claimed famous photo of him pointing to his black skin had nothing to do with taking a stand against racism

I don't get it, why would you make those comments, why would you try and diminish what an important moment that was in AFL. Really disappointed with those men, it just looks bad, if not malicious it makes them look foolish.

Renaming redskins, and now this bullshit. :rolleyes:

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Renaming redskins, and now this bullshit. :rolleyes:

In your opinion who is jumping on the coattails of the moment here? Why do you think they chose now to speak about it on their podcast? They’re just riding the wave of public opinion like ever other media outlet, except they’re signalling to the types on the other side.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
In your opinion who is jumping on the coattails of the moment here? Why do you think they chose now to speak about it on their podcast?

They've probably had enough of the incessant bullshit like most other people.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They've probably had enough of the incessant bullshit like most other people.

C’mon mate. Newman is a showman. He just loves the shine. There’s so many SJW’s in the media that the only people that get noticed are the outspoken types that go against the grain. He knows that. He’s played it like fiddle.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
C’mon mate. Newman is a showman. He just loves the shine. There’s so many SJW’s in the media that the only people that get noticed are the outspoken types that go against the grain. He knows that. He’s played it like fiddle.

There's a hell of a lot of people out there that pretty much agree with him and are getting sick of being bullied if they dare challenge the views of the hysterical elite. It's bubbling beneath the surface mate.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's a hell of a lot of people out there that pretty much agree with him and are getting sick of being bullied if they dare challenge the views of the hysterical elite. It's bubbling beneath the surface mate.

Are we still talking about why he chose this moment to question the motives behind Nicky Winmars stance in 93?

Mack Mitchell

Cancelled
Aug 26, 2016
Bendigo
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Random chat thread? Finally caught up with my old man, (am I allowed to say that?) After weeks of ****ing isolating. Hes bought me a bottle of bourne for my birthday! We get stuck into into it, then I realise my dad doesn't drink! **** isolation has changed him! Any one else had this?

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No mate, he needs to pick his battles.
Hes lost the plot on this one.
He's not cunning , he's got a law suit on this one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
No mate, he needs to pick his battles.
Hes lost the plot on this one.
He's not cunning , he's got a law suit on this one.

He also has a potential platform to strike back at "wokeness".

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Watch the clip:

1593298314408.png

Boomerfan99

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nuggets
Random chat thread? Finally caught up with my old man, (am I allowed to say that?) After weeks of ****ing isolating. Hes bought me a bottle of bourne for my birthday! We get stuck into into it, then I realise my dad doesn't drink! **** isolation has changed him! Any one else had this?

Pre covid, my wife and very very rarely drank on work nights (made up for it on the weekend). But when we were first self isolating, we were drinking a bottle of red every night. Looking back, not sure why.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That and the associated issues.
He brought it up for the same reasons Nestle is rebranding some of their candy and the same reasons some tabloid blogs republished old news about Mel Gibson calling Wynona Ryder an oven dodger:

Attention/publicity/clicks/money

Only problem for him is he goofed because now as stated above, he's getting sued.
Sam Newman is definitely not some heroic soldier of freedom of expression. He's just a di**head with a use by date around 2001

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
He brought it up for the same reasons Nestle is rebranding some of their candy and the same reasons some tabloid blogs republished old news about Mel Gibson calling Wynona Ryder an oven dodger:

Attention/publicity/clicks/money

Only problem for him is he goofed because now as stated above, he's getting sued.
Sam Newman is definitely not some heroic soldier of freedom of expression. He's just a di**head with a use by date around 2001

He’s probably after a sky news gig. Lots of wealthy toffs on there with shows complaining of being censored.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s probably after a sky news gig. Lots of wealthy toffs on there with shows complaining of being censored.
Ah yes people like Andrew bolt, published in papers around Australia and with a regular TV show.
Y'know, he's really being silenced by the thought police isn't he!
What sort of world do we live in where a guy can't be an arsehole on whatever platform he wants without being called an arsehole.. PC gone mad I tell ya

Bring it on campaigner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back