Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm not playing into the binary Fanboy game.
I list , you criticise.

Anyone that holds a genuine balanced political perspective would be able to list, without emotion , both positive and negative outcomes of policy.

This is what politics used to be.

Trump is the first president since Carter that didn't wage war. I bet you'll find a negative in that.
Had Clinton won, the US would have been arse deep in the Syrian war.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
He's militarising. They'll find a war eventually. He's willing to sic armed forces onto US citizens.

Is that his sole achievement?

No I'm not playing into the binary Fanboy game.
I list , you criticise.

Anyone that holds a genuine balanced political perspective would be able to list, without emotion , both positive and negative outcomes of policy.

This is what politics used to be.

Trump is the first president since Carter that didn't wage war. I bet you'll find a negative in that.
Had Clinton won, the US would have been arse deep in the Syrian war.

I think it reasonable to say that Obama's activities were merely a continuation of the previous administrations policies, which is also pretty much what Trump has done despite making big noises about stopping the war. Luckily for him the Iranians sorted out ISIS, otherwise American blood would still be disappearing into the sands of the Levant. These guys are merely figureheads of a system that has them dancing on strings, mealy-mouthing to the masses whilst powerful lobby groups and corporate sectors influence the economic/military direction of the US.

Oh yeah, and in any other era the killing of an Iranian general, as the Yanks did with Soleimani, would have been a declaration of war.

I think it reasonable to say that Obama's activities were merely a continuation of the previous administrations policies, which is also pretty much what Trump has done despite making big noises about stopping the war. Luckily for him the Iranians sorted out ISIS, otherwise American blood would still be disappearing into the sands of the Levant. These guys are merely figureheads of a system that has them dancing on strings, mealy-mouthing to the masses whilst powerful lobby groups and corporate sectors influence the economic/military direction of the US.

Oh yeah, and in any other era the killing of an Iranian general, as the Yanks did with Soleimani, would have been a declaration of war.
If he , Trump was actually a politician I would agree with you.

He's not, and that's the perceived domestic institutional threat.

But with a bit of research, you could find a few more examples.

I'm reluctant, because it'll just encourage too much whataboutism in this thread.

Go find another friend to play games with.
I'm not doing a Twitter sh*t show with you.

You cant list any achievements. 200,000 dead. A ****ed economy relying more on low pay temp service jobs, militarised cops in the street, a radical transfer of wealth to the top.

He couldnt even follow through on that wall garbage.

You cant list any achievements. 200,000 dead. A f’ed economy relying more on low pay temp service jobs, militarised cops in the street, a radical transfer of wealth to the top.

He couldnt even follow through on that wall garbage.
I hope you're a happier human being when Biden gets in.
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone explain why they'd prefer Biden over Trump?
I mean seriously justify.

Listen to this. Dan Carlin is going to vote for the Democrats for first time since 92. Makes an extremely compelling case.

To paraphrase John Lennon, So you say you want a civil war? With the U.S. facing one of the most consequential elections in its history, Dan has some thoughts about us all, our choices and the times in which we live.

Last edited:
Listen to this. Dan Carlin is going to vote for the Democrats for first time since 92. Makes an extremely compelling case.

To paraphrase John Lennon, So you say you want a civil war? With the U.S. facing one of the most consequential elections in its history, Dan has some thoughts about us all, our choices and the times in which we live.
Interesting that he describes the president of the USA as "potentially the most dangerous person who ever lived", it's a salient point and although the difference between an idiot like trump and a fossil like biden as far as "grip on reality" goes is pretty negligible, it seems the perception is joe biden is a bit more controllable by the system, and more subservient to check and balances than his counterpart. And after all thats happened in the last couple of years the safe option might be best, for now.

It was an outstanding episode.

As you said he provided compelling reasons, based on logic, common sense and historical examples.

He truely fears for his country; this coming from a person who wrote a book about how the apocalypse is always just around the corner too.

When Dan Carlin speaks, you should at least listen.

Royal Flush, back in 2016 I came across a few ME activists saying a vote for Trump was better than a vote for Hilary because from a foreign pov Trump wa running on a platform of supporting them and not bombing them.

Turns out they were wrong. The Palestinians are gutted by his support for Israel (tho they should have see no to coming), other Arabs are appalled by the way the US (and Australia for that matter) is complicit in the ongoing genocide in Yemen. The US is funding proxy wars everywhere and Trump has dropped as many bombs as Bush or the O'bomber.

The US has funds and supported massacres of ISIS civilians. Ie women and children (as has Russia).

He is functionally no different to anyone else. Because he is a cog in a machine not some super King of the western world.

Royal Flush, back in 2016 I came across a few ME activists saying a vote for Trump was better than a vote for Hilary because from a foreign pov Trump wa running on a platform of supporting them and not bombing them.

Turns out they were wrong. The Palestinians are gutted by his support for Israel (tho they should have see no to coming), other Arabs are appalled by the way the US (and Australia for that matter) is complicit in the ongoing genocide in Yemen. The US is funding proxy wars everywhere and Trump has dropped as many bombs as Bush or the O'bomber.

The US has funds and supported massacres of ISIS civilians. Ie women and children (as has Russia).

He is functionally no different to anyone else. Because he is a cog in a machine not some super King of the western world.

Dropping more bombs then bush is untrue.
He's pulled troops out of previous administration's conflict zones.

People need to let this sink in, like I wrote this earlier,
Carter and Trump are the only presidents to have never waged war as I understand it.
Where are all the hippies?

Any generation X or Boomer will tell you that every war America entered into since the 50s was a two front war.
A propoganda war and an invasion almost always in contradiction to UN charters.

I don't know much about the Israeli Palestinian deal.
But I'm not sure how that's painted with a negative brush.

World peace
Name a front America is actively Waring in?

That is naive in the extreme. For much of the Cold War they were not really fighting either.

Didn’t mean their proxies were not causing havoc all over the world. Central and South America being the most prominent examples.

Now we have Saudi Arabia slaughtering Yemini’s in a proxy war with Iran and being armed by the USA. All because the USA doesn’t like Iran.

Carter and Trump are the only presidents to have never waged war as I understand it.

Any generation X or Boomer will tell you that every war America entered into since the 50s was a two front war.

Can I interject, he palmed off decision making of drone strikes to the cia on Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia.. there has been a massive increase and less oversight then compared to the last president.

There has been troop reductions in areas but the grey zone wars are increasing, even engaging other superpowers in China and Russia..
in my mind he’s the same but less dangerous then Hillary
But play on..

Last edited:

Its been covered by DR and B4B.

Remember the mercenary invasion of Venezuala that failed a few months ago, ostensibly funded by DEA "reward money"? That's another try at proxy war regime change.

World peace
Name a front America is actively Waring in?

Syria

vox.com
Despite President Donald Trump’s clear desire to withdraw US troops from Syria and improve ties with Russia, the Pentagon will imminently send around 100 more service members to the war-torn nation to better confront Moscow’s forces.

On Friday, the US military announced Bradley fighting vehicles, radar, and more fighter jets to conduct patrols would be on their way to northeast Syria.

The decision comes just a month after seven US service members suffered concussions during a skirmish with a Russian convoy that wasn’t expected in the area. The altercation clearly moved the Defense Department to provide reinforcements for the roughly 500 US troops still in Syria.

US Central Command, which oversees US military operations in the Middle East, “has directed a number of actions in northeast Syria to help ensure the safety and security of Coalition forces,” spokesperson Capt. Bill Urban said in a Friday statement.

ARMYTIMES.COM

Bradley fighting vehicles have headed back into eastern Syria, the Pentagon announced Friday, a move that comes after a tense encounter with Russian forces left four U.S. troops lightly injured last month.

The return of mechanized units also comes as the U.S. military deployed Sentinel radar and increased the frequency of fighter jet patrols over U.S. forces in that part of Syria, according to U.S. Central Command spokesman Navy Capt. Bill Urban.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back