Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question without notice, could anyone point me in the direction of a larger country that Has not involved themselves in a proxy war for ... i dunno lets say the last 50 years ?
According to RF it's the US right now.

Can I interject, he palmed off decision making of drone strikes to the cia on Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia.. there has been a massive increase and less oversight then compared to the last president.

There has been troop reductions in areas but the grey zone wars are increasing, even engaging other superpowers in China and Russia..
in my mind he’s the same but less dangerous then Hillary
But play on..
I kind of trust your opinions, as you don't seem twist facts to suit an agenda

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Syria

vox.com
Despite President Donald Trump’s clear desire to withdraw US troops from Syria and improve ties with Russia, the Pentagon will imminently send around 100 more service members to the war-torn nation to better confront Moscow’s forces.

On Friday, the US military announced Bradley fighting vehicles, radar, and more fighter jets to conduct patrols would be on their way to northeast Syria.

The decision comes just a month after seven US service members suffered concussions during a skirmish with a Russian convoy that wasn’t expected in the area. The altercation clearly moved the Defense Department to provide reinforcements for the roughly 500 US troops still in Syria.

US Central Command, which oversees US military operations in the Middle East, “has directed a number of actions in northeast Syria to help ensure the safety and security of Coalition forces,” spokesperson Capt. Bill Urban said in a Friday statement.

ARMYTIMES.COM

Bradley fighting vehicles have headed back into eastern Syria, the Pentagon announced Friday, a move that comes after a tense encounter with Russian forces left four U.S. troops lightly injured last month.

The return of mechanized units also comes as the U.S. military deployed Sentinel radar and increased the frequency of fighter jet patrols over U.S. forces in that part of Syria, according to U.S. Central Command spokesman Navy Capt. Bill Urban.
Clinton was going to start world war 3 in Syria if she was elected.

Question without notice, could anyone point me in the direction of a larger country that Has not involved themselves in a proxy war for ... i dunno lets say the last 50 years ?

No, so it's ridiculous to give Trump credit for "world peace".

Literally ridiculous.

how large are we talking?
From Japan down to Iceland?
And are we adding corporate economic/law fare in proxy wars or just terrorism?

Says the Biden advocate.

LOL. Nice work, deflecto.

Don't know how often I have to say that Biden is a terrible candidate before Trumpists get it. It's that huge blind spot they all possess that enables them to ignore how ridiculous it is to support Trump.

Trumps record is clear . Its why RF cant point out 1 achievement of his administration.

"World peace"

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL. Nice work, deflecto.

Don't know how often I have to say that Biden is a terrible candidate before Trumpists get it. It's that huge blind spot they all possess that enables them to ignore how ridiculous it is to support Trump.
The fact that you label anyone that would choose Trump over Biden, as a Trumpist.
Just shows the layers of biasness.

If only there was a media outlet that wasn't pro or anti either political persuasion, we may not all be this polarised.

Sigh..
when did Australians pick political sides in the US?
If we can’t acknowledge Trump normalising relations between the GCC countries and Israel, as a not even a thing, probably means you’ve got the blinkers on.

I know people will argue that US foreign policy doesn’t change, and the US pivot towards China started under the Obama administration, but it was Trump who’s at the forefront of it.

And for clarity Biden is trying to outflank Trump on the right by policies of war.. as @ferbal was getting at, the US is a machine of war. People arguing otherwise or one president is better then another in this matter, probably needs to turn off the TV..

The fact that you label anyone that would choose Trump over Biden, as a Trumpist.

If only there was a media outlet that wasn't pro or anti either political persuasion, we may not all be this polarised.

They are both the same political persuasion anyway.

Sigh..
when did Australians pick political sides in the US?
If we can’t acknowledge Trump normalising relations between the GCC countries and Israel, as a not even a thing, probably means you’ve got the blinkers on.

I know people will argue that US foreign policy doesn’t change, and the US pivot towards China started under the Obama administration, but it was Trump who’s at the forefront of it.

And for clarity Biden is trying to outflank Trump on the right by policies of war.. as @ferbal was getting at, the US is a machine of war. People arguing otherwise or one president is better then another in this matter, probably needs to turn off the TV..
My blinkers tell me the annexation of the West Bank was what drove that "normalisation" of relations. Not every Arab is happy about that situation.

But yeah. The US is a war machine. Their economy is huge because of war.

My blinkers tell me the annexation of the West Bank was what drove that "normalisation" of relations. Not every Arab is happy about that situation.

But yeah. The US is a war machine. Their economy is huge because of war.
What goes first the chicken or the egg? at a guess the relations warmed to a point, the annexation could happen.
Certainly no six day wars situation, were everyone of their neighbours was out for blood..

I’m also lead to believe the rise of Ankara, might’ve stoked a few memories of the Ottoman Empire. I believe they’ll turn into enemy number 1

There is no bias on my part. You kick-started this discussion by posting not one, not two, but several videos that cast Biden in a bad light and asked how anyone could possibly vote for him. What was the point of the post if not to suggest that Trump was the better choice?

I countered by saying that yes, Biden is a poor candidate, but Trump is even worse.

It's not as if there are hundreds of layers of the choice to be processed, it's one dud v. the other. Media - biased or not - has bugger all to do with the choice. Pick the malevolent, narcissistic, dull-witted, non-empathetic, self-enriching, science denying one vs. pick the one losing his mental faculties.

Terrible choice. But we have seen that the Republicans have shamefully allowed the malevolent narcissist to wreak damage on his country, so the choice to remove him would appear obvious. Even given the low quality of the alternative.

There is no bias on my part. You kick-started this discussion by posting not one, not two, but several videos that cast Biden in a bad light and asked how anyone could possibly vote for him. What was the point of the post if not to suggest that Trump was the better choice?

I countered by saying that yes, Biden is a poor candidate, but Trump is even worse.

It's not as if there are hundreds of layers of the choice to be processed, it's one dud v. the other. Media - biased or not - has bugger all to do with the choice. Pick the malevolent, narcissistic, dull-witted, non-empathetic, self-enriching, science denying one vs. pick the one losing his mental faculties.

Terrible choice. But we have seen that the Republicans have shamefully allowed the malevolent narcissist to wreak damage on his country, so the choice to remove him would appear obvious. Even given the low quality of the alternative.
You know there’s other candidates
Howie Hawkins or Jo Jorgensen off the top of my head.. People could move from the rusted on two party system to a fairer political system where more people are represented.

You know there’s other candids,
Howie Hawkins or Jo Jorgensen off the top of my head..

Surely not in any real practical sense, though.

I know you're far better apprised of the US political landscape than I, but isn't that sort of like saying an independent can become PM in Australia? Theoretically possible, but practically impossible due to the mechanics of the political framework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back