goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Yo Timmy, if Coach Scamper retires then I think its only fair your Scamper hangs up the boots for the game day threads too.

TBH, Scamper the cat didn’t bring us a lot of luck, so I reckon roll out your Pup next year and he/she could be part of the rebuild alongside our very own talented young Pups (including one of McDonald/Phillips/Hollands/DGB).

Hopefully your Pup becomes the good luck charm we need to win premiership number 5.

2021 Membership Slogan.. *Pup for the Cup*
Coach Scamper has has hired Sissy Rose as his backup (will train her well) so when the time comes for him to retire, we will have a good coach:
23715.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Kamala Haris turned 16 in 1980. If she was in bed with a terrorist in th70s it is child abuse. (Btw who is the terrorist you talking about?)

He was a terrorist in the 70’s for the BLA or one of the other spin offs from them or the panthers. I can’t remember which one. It came up in a podcast I’m listening to about the time Darryl Cooper only mentioned it in passing when talking about the bloke. It’s actually amazing how many people that are still around that were part of all that. There’s a college lecturer right now over there that was indicted for murder.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What are his other strategies if this doesn't work? Stage a sit in outside the teachers' staff room? Occupy the tuck shop? Refuse to go to morning assembly?

This is some high school standard lame sh*t from Mr Look At Me.

There's an extremely wide field to choose from, but for mine Krudd has the most punchable head in Australian politics.
All are options. My guess is that the next ALP government will wheel it out and call the RC.

They will set the terms of reference in such a way as to provide maximum damage to News Corpse and the LNP.

Every dirty little secret and lie will be aired in public. Will make for great viewing.

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He was a terrorist in the 70’s for the BLA or one of the other spin offs from them or the panthers. I can’t remember which one. It came up in a podcast I’m listening to about the time Darryl Cooper only mentioned it in passing when talking about the bloke. It’s actually amazing how many people that are still around that were part of all that. There’s a college lecturer right now over there that was indicted for murder.
So what exactly was Kamala Harris's relationship with him? It doesn't seem consistent with some of the stick she's copped over her period as San Francisco DA.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So what exactly was Kamala Harris's relationship with him? It doesn't seem consistent with some of the stick she's copped over her period as San Francisco DA.

They were shagging. It’s roughly about 3 hours into this podcast about the people’s temple. It’s just mentioned in passing to illustrate how many of the people involved in the counter culture/revolutionary movement are still around to this day. It’s an awesome podcast, probably should be a tv series but I don’t think it would do it justice. The series is 7 episodes long and it goes for almost 30 hours. Nobody covers a topic like Darryl Cooper

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seems to be Willie Brown, a mainstream politician who provided some support to the People's Temple in 1970s and later said he regretted it and would never have done so if he knew Jones was a madman.

I’m not sure that’s who Cooper mentioned. I started listening back at the 2 hour mark and he hasn’t mentioned it yet. Just got through all the SLA stuff with Patty Hearst...man that’s a podcast within a podcast.

Martyrmade Podcast is such a good podcast. Hs series Fear and loathing in Jerusalem is amazing. It’s so good that it annoys me that it doesn’t get more love. Cooper recently did a mini series about the Iraq war with Jocko Wilink so I hope that gets him more subscribers. He deleted his Twitter account recently which might help as well because his personal politics which is very right wing/conservative. That never creeps into his podcasts but if you look at the reviews of The Martyrmade Podcast there’s a lot of 1 star reviews that literally say they gave it one star because of his thoughts on Twitter, bet they’ve never listened to an episode.

Edit- It was Willy Brown

Last edited:
Woah woah woah.

Ferb, you can read the I Ching and do hexagonal line readings? How'd you learn to this? I've heard its actually quite remarkable. The I Ching has been on my reading list for a while ever since I read the Tao Te Ching.
(Billy I stuck this here instead of the BBB thread. I've probably put enough rubbish in that thread for this lifetime.)

Yeah I can, with coins, sticks and even hexagram dice but I just did an online one. I presume it's a random number generator. IMO it's not the method that matters. What is important is the frame of mind you are in when you ask the question. The ritual is just a tool to get you into that frame of mind. In the same a good pre game ritual will get you ready to play good footy. Like all rituals its about programming your sub conscious and conscious mind to get you into the right head space to do what you are gonna do.

I don't do it often tho. Really the I Ching is a few different things. It's a form of maths that aims to measure direction not magnitude IMO. No doubt allegedly saner people would disagree.

But as a tool of divination it's not so much about predicting the future as understanding the present and the vectors (well the direction of movement they have anyway) of stuff (ideas, actions and events) at play and how that applies to what is happening in the world right now.

All those divination systems (tarot, maths etc) work the same I reckon. They break reality up into discernible bits then try and create meaning out of the interplay of those bits. The I Ching has 64 hexagrams that can move or change, depending on the reading so all up 128 potential bits of info about what is happening, including a relationship if the reading has moving or changing lines.

If you are into this stuff then you have to have a wholistic worldview. One some level everything is connected. The whole point of the ritual is to get you into a frame of mind where you are connected to the univerbal Tao or some allegedly divine thing or maybe just the flow of everything after the Big Bang ... whatever it is then extract information from it in the form of a structure you can create a narrative out of. It doesn't matter what it is ultimately, God, the Tao, nothing ... its just the ability to extract info that matters.

Dunno if that makes things clearer or not. Probably not.

Yes but they simply spread further and faster through the mechanism of social media.

And that's one of the elements that makes social media so bad.
Yeah totally - social media is like what the military calls a "force multiplier" for this sort of thing.

Some people might call them freedom fighters you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back