Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually three.
The Dons, Dogs and Tigers.

The Essendon Football Club can report a profit of $1,223,157
The Richmond Football Club has announced an operating profit of $217,727 for 2020
The Western Bulldogs have announced a total profit of $1,801,370 for 2020.

The Kangaroos posted a net surplus of $213,682 in the year ending October 31, 2020.

Profit and Loss Statements are meaningless.

Gutter mouthed human scum!

I stand by what I said ... have a good look at yourself. The problem is that scumbags like you could stick their heads up their behinds to take a good good look around at yourselves and you'd all marvel at the view.
Don't worry mate.

Anybody who trolls BF day after day, being an internet judge on every topic that crosses the news, has nothing in their life. It's getting worse. It's not far off that we'll remember snake baker as a measured and respectful poster.

I get the racist stuff, but the coloniser stuff seems a bit lumped in. He had no say in determining British colonial policy, possessed no real political power and the British empire had disappeared within the first few decades of their marriage.
I'm personally not a royalist, an advocate for an Australian republic (just to set the record straight). But I have a lot of respect for the work done by the Queen and her late husband over almost 68 years. The modern Elizabethan age has witnessed the dissolution of the former British Empire and cessation of colonial rule in some 60 odd countries and territories. In all cases the transitions occurred peacefully with exception of Malaysia which immediately entered into a ten year war 1955-65 where communist insurgents attempted to sieze control over the fledgling nation.

Elizabeth has overseen a sucessful transition of the old empire to a body of self-governing independent nations (of which three quarters of those are republics) that still work together in varying degrees under the auspices of The Commonwealth. In every instance, the Queen and her late husband remained held with the highest respect in each of those nations. Now that is an acheivement worth noting. If the royals had been "colonisers" or "racists"in any way then none of those former colonial nations would have had anything to do with either Britain or the Commonwealth.

It speaks volumes for them.

I get the racist stuff, but the coloniser stuff seems a bit lumped in. He had no say in determining British colonial policy, possessed no real political power and the British empire had disappeared within the first few decades of their marriage.

His uncle oversaw the partition of India, one of ghe crimes of mismanagement by the British state that resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths.

It's actually three.
The Dons, Dogs and Tigers.

The Essendon Football Club can report a profit of $1,223,157
The Richmond Football Club has announced an operating profit of $217,727 for 2020
The Western Bulldogs have announced a total profit of $1,801,370 for 2020.

The Kangaroos posted a net surplus of $213,682 in the year ending October 31, 2020.
That's intresting considering that Arden Street was all but shut down with most staff either working from home while the AFL subsidised clubs the expenses for other staff and players who were relocated at interstate hubs. The club would still have had bills associated with paying staff working at home, rates, electricity, gas and water connection fees. So a modest profit where roughly another $200,000 came off our long-term debt is a tremendous outcome given the circumstances of 2020 where we had no gate revenue and memberships froze at around 36,000.

I'd be fascinated to know how Hawthorn fared? They are an $85 million per-annum club that derives some $25-30 million each year directly from gaming revenue. With poker machine venues closed for almost eight months they must have taken a big hit.

Richmond (another pokies dependent club) certainly felt the pain as they suffered a 20% decrease of revenue in 2020. Other clubs that hold gaming licenses include Carlton, Essendon and St Kilda and all took serious hits to their finances.

Last edited:
His uncle oversaw the partition of India, one of ghe crimes of mismanagement by the British state that resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths.
His uncle...

Much can be said about Lord Mountbatten, much of it is not good. Not sure about the pedo claims either, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The modern Elizabethan age has witnessed the dissolution of the former British Empire and cessation of colonial rule in some 60 odd countries and territories. In all cases the transitions occurred peacefully with exception of Malaysia which immediately entered into a ten year war 1955-65 where communist insurgents attempted to sieze control over the fledgling nation.

Hahaha.

Peaceful transition?

Hundreds of thousands died as the Brits left India.

Kenya was riven by brutal fighting.

Ireland REMAINS the scene of fighting in the UKs remaining colonised areas.

Unbelievable how some people just invent fantasy worlds to live in.

His uncle...

Yrah, do he's married to the boss, his uncle is in charge of India and you're saying he had no ability to influence things?

That's simply not how the world works.

Yrah, do he's married to the boss, his uncle is in charge of India and you're saying he had no ability to influence things?

That's simply not how the world works.
Not a great deal of influence, no.

Louis was only sent after the urging of PM Atlee to King George. Elizabeth wasn’t queen until 1952. The Raj was dissolved in 1947. I would blame Atlee for giving him a high-ish degree of independent control over the Raj situation as it unfolded.

Hahaha.

Peaceful transition?

Hundreds of thousands died as the Brits left India.

Kenya was riven by brutal fighting.

Ireland REMAINS the scene of fighting in the UKs remaining colonised areas.

Unbelievable how some people just invent fantasy worlds to live in.
The Mau Mau revolt, absolutely brutal stuff. Thanks Winston.

The Mau Mau revolt, absolutely brutal stuff. Thanks Winston.

Also where the anti insurgency tactics first developed, that would later be used in the dirty war in Ireland, and then drawn on in Iraq by the Yanks.

He fought in the pacific and Mediterranean. He had German cousins/relatives and his sister and her husband were in the Nazi party before her death.

Very common for European aristocracy in the time, especially in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back