Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Correct. Just the opinion/slant of a friend who made the mistake of making a short trip back to Australia and now cannot return to his home and family here. Not happy with Slomo.
If Border Force have not burnt all of the refugee boats from years past, there is a business opportunity for people fleeing the oppression in Australia for the freedom of South East Asia.

If Border Force have not burnt all of the refugee boats from years past, there is a business opportunity for people fleeing the oppression in Australia for the freedom of South East Asia.
[/QUOTE/]

I know some guys in Australia who are trying to acquire one of the yachts in the Vendee Globe as they pass by. Just make a short detour

Sounds sadly similar to the Pat Cronin incident. My footy club has a connection through a teammate and Pat Cronins dad, so as a club we have been supportive with fundraising and general promotion of the Pat Cronin Foundation. Sh1t like this needs to stop, it wrecks so many lives.

Yep, it does, rickety. And for what?

Pat Cronin happened just up the road from my joint. Another pointless, f'ed up tragedy.

Anyway, thanks for those that offered well-wishes, sympathy, likes, etc. I know your not in it for the kudos, but it just shows the class and decency that each of you possesses. Names noted. Respect.

Obviously, Ben's mates are doing it pretty hard at the moment but just to further exacerbate things, most of them are still mid-VCE exams. Coming off the back of what was a tough year on account of covid. Stress levels were already right up there. And then this happens. Poor buggers.

The good news (if you could call it that) is that the perpetrator has been identified by police from cctv footage and was picked up this morning. He's been charged with four counts, "including intentionally causing serious injury, affray and related assaults" (as per the article below). Scheduled to appear at Melbourne Magistrates on Monday.

Provided Ben's condition remains stable, doctors hope to bring him out of the coma on Sunday. At this point they have no idea of the extent of the damage he's incurred. Everyone's hoping and praying for the best. (Well, the heathen atheist types like myself aren't so much praying as crossing the hell out of our fingers, but basically same same.)

Once again, cheers for the kind thoughts, guys. Appreciated.

Correct. Just the opinion/slant of a friend who made the mistake of making a short trip back to Australia and now cannot return to his home and family here. Not happy with Slomo.

Yeah the border restriction is stupid, and Morrison is a hypocritical flog. But that's a long way from.. martial law.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cormann been on a round the world tour but people have not been about to return to their family, home or work for nine months.
yeah I understand he's telling a global audience how important it is that international institutions lead the way in the fight against climate change. Mathias is offering the Tony Abbott playbook as a how-to-guide

Yep, it does, rickety. And for what?

Pat Cronin happened just up the road from my joint. Another pointless, f'ed up tragedy.

Anyway, thanks for those that offered well-wishes, sympathy, likes, etc. I know your not in it for the kudos, but it just shows the class and decency that each of you possesses. Names noted. Respect.

Obviously, Ben's mates are doing it pretty hard at the moment but just to further exacerbate things, most of them are still mid-VCE exams. Coming off the back of what was a tough year on account of covid. Stress levels were already right up there. And then this happens. Poor buggers.

The good news (if you could call it that) is that the perpetrator has been identified by police from cctv footage and was picked up this morning. He's been charged with four counts, "including intentionally causing serious injury, affray and related assaults" (as per the article below). Scheduled to appear at Melbourne Magistrates on Monday.

Provided Ben's condition remains stable, doctors hope to bring him out of the coma on Sunday. At this point they have no idea of the extent of the damage he's incurred. Everyone's hoping and praying for the best. (Well, the heathen atheist types like myself aren't so much praying as crossing the hell out of our fingers, but basically same same.)

Once again, cheers for the kind thoughts, guys. Appreciated.
Here's hoping that Ben makes a full recovery TOD. Incidents like this ruin so many lives, not just those directly involved.

I'm sure I'm not alone in having gone through an "indestructible, mouthy dickhead" phase in my younger days. But for the grace of a higher being, nothing like that ever happened to me or anyone I know. It's not even a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time or doing anything wrong; it's just bad luck.

The randomness of these sorts of things is what makes them so sickening.

who needs a reffo boat, tony mokbel didnt. just a badly fitting wig .
Remember the other year when Australias greatest hide and seek players - the Stocco boys - were spotted in Bairnsdale? Well they certainly missed a trick. They should have snagged a boat from Metung or Paynesville, even Lakes Entrance and before you know it, Roberts your mothers brother and they could have scarpered down to the Map, up to FNQ or even across the ditch. Missed opportunity imo 🙃

Not sure if any of you have caught this news story over the last 24 hours or so.

The story in question is about a kid named Ben. He is one of my son's best and closest friends - they talk every day, hang out together every weekend, and are always crashing at each other's place and what not. He's a good kid and I would happily vouch for him in a heartbeat.

The following is an abbreviated first-hand account from someone who was there with Ben when it happened, but apologies if it later comes out that there are any inaccuracies.

A couple of nights ago, Ben was in Healesville visiting a mate who moved there a couple of years ago. The two of them and a few others (not sure of the exact size of their party) headed down the pub for some beers. There was a group of older locals there, and at some point during the night these older locals started hitting on and generally hassling the crap out of a group of girls that were at the pub. Seeing the girls' obvious distress and acting through chivalrous intent, Ben and his group tried to get between the girls and the locals that were harassing them, which caused some friction. Upon closing, the friction traveled into the carpark. Shortly thereafter, out of nowhere, Ben was king hit with a coward punch to the temple. He was knocked unconscious, and then hit his head on the ground upon falling. He was emergency air-lifted to Royal Melbourne Hospital where he underwent brain surgery and now lies in an induced coma.

One of those things in life that leaves you numb and speechless. Very difficult to make sense of it all. A bright young kid's life isn't meant to turn out like that. Just unspeakable sadness for Ben's family and friends, of which I am one, also.

Sorry to hear The Other Dean, thoughts and prayers are with his family

Here's hoping that Ben makes a full recovery TOD. Incidents like this ruin so many lives, not just those directly involved.

I'm sure I'm not alone in having gone through an "indestructible, mouthy dickhead" phase in my younger days. But for the grace of a higher being, nothing like that ever happened to me or anyone I know. It's not even a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time or doing anything wrong; it's just bad luck.

The randomness of these sorts of things is what makes them so sickening.

Yep, hard to take many positives out of a situation like this, but one silver lining is that it will hopefully steer those that are close to Ben (and maybe even some others, too) away from that kind of "indestructible, mouthy dickhead" behaviour down the track. TOD Jr and ten or so of his mates are just about to go away for some post-exams r&r, and this reality check of the worst kind will definitely weigh heavily on them and help to curb any smartarse behaviour when heading out to pubs, etc. So that's a plus.

Ben's mum and step-dad are doing it tough as you can no doubt imagine, but are receiving a lot of support from friends and the local community. GoFundMe page has been set up. Think they've raised about 10 grand in the 24 hours since kicking it off. Another plus.

Anyway, cheers, man. (And to SDS and krak, also.)

Yep, hard to take many positives out of a situation like this, but one silver lining is that it will hopefully steer those that are close to Ben (and maybe even some others, too) away from that kind of "indestructible, mouthy dickhead" behaviour down the track. TOD Jr and ten or so of his mates are just about to go away for some post-exams r&r, and this reality check of the worst kind will definitely weigh heavily on them and help to curb any smartarse behaviour when heading out to pubs, etc. So that's a plus.

Ben's mum and step-dad are doing it tough as you can no doubt imagine, but are receiving a lot of support from friends and the local community. GoFundMe page has been set up. Think they've raised about 10 grand in the 24 hours since kicking it off. Another plus.

Anyway, cheers, man. (And to SDS and krak, also.)

Live out your way T.O.D. and every time we pass the Windy Mile on the way to Sugarloaf or the wineries / Healesville always think of young Pat. Sad and lonely place just sitting there empty on the corner now.
Boys have had a " lifetime " reality check. Sounds like they are getting great support and l hope some good counselling. Will change their lives forever sadly.

Best wishes to all of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back