Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things real men fear:

- change
- women

You would first have to become one in order to know.

Men are the drivers of civilisation & technology (aka "change"), you doofus, and last time I looked women were a lot more terrified of men, with good reason (testosterone).

Women basically devise and build nothing, they inherit it from men via evolutionary manipulation.

Don't believe me? Ask a feminist.

1606560719050.png

Last edited:
Torch your house and salt the land.
There was one behind the back door today. My youngest girl, who turns three on Saturday next week, was standing about six or eight inches away from it blowing it kisses and calling it "Cutie".

Kids...

You would first have to become one in order to know.

Men are the drivers of civilisation & technology (aka "change"), you doofus, and last time I looked women were a lot more terrified of men, with good reason (testosterone).

Women basically devise and build nothing, they inherit it from men via evolutionary manipulation.

Don't believe me? Ask a feminist.

View attachment 1019973
Ah yes Camille Paglia. The social studies professor quoted by those who disregard social studies. Not at all cherry picking.

Didn't you have me blocked? If so I'm glad you could take the time to reply to me with "takes one to know one".

There was one behind the back door today. My youngest girl, who turns three on Saturday next week, was standing about six or eight inches away from it blowing it kisses and calling it "Cutie".

Kids...
I remember when I was about 8 my mum told me that as long as I stayed in my bed I would be ok as spiders don't go on beds. Not too long after we all woke up to my younger sister screaming ..... and 3 big old huntsmans on her bed. I remember laughing, but also saying to my mum that she lied about spiders! 🙃

Kids...
I had a pet huntsman in a jar when I was in about grade 5.

that is until it turned out to be a wolf spider, developed a very weird looking abdomen and spawned about a trillion babies, and a kid with a lifelong hatred of all things 8-legged.

thankfully I now work in the food industry and have full license to dispose of any and all pests.

No amount of money could get me that close to those things.
I'm not a big fan of them myself but my missus collects various humungous spiders so the kids are mostly used to them. Huntsmen round here get massive cos there is plenty to eat, you don't need to collect them.

Tectonic, last year she ended up with a big mature male Australian tarantula of some sort, and sent it to Adelaide to breed. She is expecting half the babies - little things like the ones you mentioned. Do you want some? They are quite happy in jars (so long as they are big.)

Ah yes Camille Paglia. The social studies professor quoted by those who disregard social studies. Not at all cherry picking.

Didn't you have me blocked? If so I'm glad you could take the time to reply to me with "takes one to know one".

You're a production line intellectual. False confidence is the only thing you have going for you.

I'm not a big fan of them myself but my missus collects various humungous spiders so the kids are mostly used to them. Huntsmen round here get massive cos there is plenty to eat, you don't need to collect them.

Tectonic, last year she ended up with a big mature male Australian tarantula of some sort, and sent it to Adelaide to breed. She is expecting half the babies - little things like the ones you mentioned. Do you want some? They are quite happy in jars (so long as they are big.)
I'll take a raincheck, thanks. Would probably drop the jar knowing me and make a mess.

giphy (2).gif

Haha, that happened to me at home. Never seen the missus move so quick to the safety of the lounge suite.

I would have figured she would have been the one that killed spiders in your house, whilst you were hiding in the cupboard.

That’s basically what she was saying. I think the point she was making with these smart cities is that it’s the merging of technology and government.

Tim Dillon is a comedian who’s not to be taken seriously at all so it was surprising that he had her on. He loves conspiracy stuff though so I’m still a bit sceptical about Webb, but she seems genuine and well researched.

The picture she painted was one where as AI and other technology takes over most jobs, a lot of the work force will be redundant. Individuals will own nothing, everything will be a service. Clothes, houses, cars...everything. Except of course the people at the top of the tree, the top 1%.

It was interesting tbh.

The return to feudalism.

Revolution or barbarism as they say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is excellent.

The return to feudalism.

Revolution or barbarism as they say.

It’d be ironic if technology caused society to go backwards.

The prediction (the letter I mentioned earlier) is that there will be a kind of split in society where there’s people who live in the smart cities go one way and those who want privacy go the other.

The prediction (the letter I mentioned earlier) is that there will be a kind of split in society where there’s people who live in the smart cities go one way and those who want privacy go the other.

What do you mean "caused"? It IS going backward.

Politics is destroying civilisation, not technology.

Yeah I wonder if we will be permitted the choice though.

Isn’t it impossible to have society without politics?

Yes, I am referring to the level and type of contemporary intrusion.

We are now in a time of rabid statism.

What do you mean "caused"? It IS going backward.

Politics is destroying civilisation, not technology.

Nuclear weapons famously invented by sociologists.

yesterday (my yesterday) was the 50th Anniversary of All Things Must Pass (which had My Sweet Lord on it) so with that in mind:

A great record timmy. :thumbsu:

For the benefits of politicians (aka humanities), you dick head.

You're embarrassingly stupid.

Ah, so you finally accept that science is subservient to politics.

Didn't think you'd fall into that one so easily but then you are so emotional these days you can't actually argue with any reason or detachment.

Glad we've settled this one though.

Scientists do what politicians tell them to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back