Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That part of the city has changed so much since all those high rise accommodation buildings went up. Heaps of international students, different food joints and public spaces in and around those buildings.

Not much character. Have to speak to Mrs. H. Bloody lot of Korean joints there. Used to be a world renowned spare parts shop there for B.S.A. Triumph, Norton. Modak. Hadn't changed since 1952. Cobwebs and all.

Last edited:
Not much character. Have to speak to Mrs. H. Bloody lot of Korean joints there.
Yeah, its very different and could have been renewed much better. A problem with multiple construction projects over time on different sites in a given area is that they rarely, if ever, allow for the development of interesting and integrated streetscapes as each project manages its own footprint. Everything becomes disconnected and disjointed.

I wonder wat happened to that ass hole husband?

Charles Saatchi.

Got another posh girl Brit TV presenter partner and relaxes with his hundreds of millions.

Not much character. Have to speak to Mrs. H. Bloody lot of Korean joints there. Used to be a world renowned spare parts shop there for B.S.A. Triumph, Norton. Hadn't changed since 1952. Cobwebs and all.

I never bothered with that part so much, but I used to slip in to the Stork Hotel for a pot.

That part of the city has changed so much since all those high rise accommodation buildings went up. Heaps of international students, different food joints and public spaces in and around those buildings.

I preferred when it had that seedy edge to it. Ah well.

Cities evolve and change.

Little Lon used to be the seediest couple of blocks in the southern hemishere with coke more freely available than in any club today.

Once famous strip of motorbike stores along Elizabeth st. is no longer. Just " Mars Leathers " and that's it.
Reckon I bought 3 bikes from along there

Not much character. Have to speak to Mrs. H. Bloody lot of Korean joints there. Used to be a world renowned spare parts shop there for B.S.A. Triumph, Norton. Modak. Hadn't changed since 1952. Cobwebs and all.
Was that place on a corner, or almost?? Bought some leather flying goggles from in there 🙃

Put in an offer on a rural property just expression of interest then heard 5 mins ago happy with offer.......

I haven't even seen it yet, just testing the market as most always negotiate for ages.

Guess I better have a look this weekend! Might be good if not no worries..........

Put in an offer on a rural property just expression of interest then heard 5 mins ago happy with offer.......

I haven't even seen it yet, just testing the market as most always negotiate for ages.

Guess I better have a look this weekend! Might be good if not no worries..........

Sounds great Chop ! Your dream ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did you buy ?
Hmmm reckon I started with a GSX400FWSD :-D Was a pretty cool bike actually, had an LED gear display in the dash :-D CBR1000F, RF600R that was pretty much my fave, just not tougher than a Ford Cortina, GPZ900R and then finally my old Firestorm

Sounds great Chop ! Your dream ?

Yep thanks. I have no farming experience just love space and quiet. Always loved rural places so long as not too remote.

It's 11 hectares. So not big but not small.

House to be built but I'd probably live in temporary accomodation on the land until decide next step.

Last edited:
Yep thanks. I have no farming experience just love space and quiet. Always loved rural places as fancy new houses etc all crammed next to each other don't do it for me (each to their own!).

It's 49 hectares. So not big but not small.

House to be built but I'd probably live in temporary accomodation on the land until decide next step.

Pics when ready mate 👍

Motorbike stores and camera stores. No more bikes parked side by side on the footpath along that strip makes for a massive change to the face of the city. Times are a changing!
actually forgot about the camera stores, bought my first digital camera in one of them shops, 3x zoom kodak 1,2mp for about 600 bucks, sheesh ;-( and it got stolen in thailand at koh samui. would have been 1999 as i took it to the carabean tour test series.

Yep thanks. I have no farming experience just love space and quiet. Always loved rural places so long as not too remote.

Happy for you, Chop. Sounds like a ripper. Would love to move to a bit of land myself.

30 acres will be well and truly enough mate, you know what they say, if you have 30 you my as well have 100! Get ready to start rolling out the real cash once you have settled, having said that its very satisfying, we are just coming up to 2 years since we settled. Take lots of pics along the journey, they are good to look back on when you think your getting nowhere to remind you how far you have come, you will be able to run a nice mob on that space.

subscibe to this blokes channel and you will be an expert in no time,

PS, theres some great advice at 3.00 re goat fencing.

Last edited:
30 acres will be well and truly enough mate, you know what they say, if you have 30 you my as well have 100! Get ready to start rolling out the real cash once you have settled, having said that its very satisfying, we are just coming up to 2 years since we settled. Take lots of pics along the journey, they are good to look back on when you think your getting nowhere to remind you how far you have come, you will be able to run a nice mob on that space.

subscibe to this blokes channel and you will be an expert in no time,

PS, theres some great advice at 3.00 re goat fencing.

Will be in touch as lots of info I might really need your help and/or guidance on.

I haven't bought yet but if not this one something similar. Lots on the market but farming not really my intention just residential atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back