Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Terry my big Grey was mauled last Sat.

He I'd nothing wrong just a feral off lead.....owner said sorry.

Yes he he will be sorry as he's
1. Lucky I didn't aggressively attack him.
2. Have handled it respectfully.

Terry has massive stitches as mauled but he'll be ok.

I thought about having his dog put down.......but said happens to anyone I know again it's gone mate.

He was very grateful as I don't think his little dog used to a big dog like Terry (77cm at shoulder)

As the owner of a big boofhead mastiff and American Bulldogs it amazes me how often people let their little dogs off lead in places where it's not appropriate to do so, and the amount of trouble they cause, including attacking my dogs. Every time you have a crack at the owner you get a "they've never done this before!". Unfortunately my dogs wouldn't get the same luxury if they did the same.

I'd never take it out on the dog as it's their owner's fault but it got to the point where I had to walk my dogs at weird hours of the night to avoid these tools.

I know which dog the council will be coming for if a fight ensued, and it's not the little one.

Not really arms and legs falling off, shark bite nasty or falling off the perch, but jeepers, how scary can croup be. My best little mate sat bolt upright at 2:10 am yesterday and was as hoarse as a market spruiker come saturday evening. I even made a joke that he sounded like Darth Vader and to have a drink. About 3 seconds later when it was obvious he was struggling to breath I had the thought that this wasn't cool and beyond a drink, the magic sponge and a bit of tape that usually fixes most things. Never having experienced croup before, I grabbed my phone and called 000, except my fat fingers somehow called 8000, which was the cause of a burst of profanity, then another fat fingered call to 0800, uggghhhhh, more profanity and some unprecedented wheezing from Willy on the wheeze box. Am only around the corner from the local hospital, chucked my best little wheezer in the car, made a mockery of the 50 zone along the beach and hurtled, ever so casually, into the E.D. Anyway, a couple of hours later and my best little mate was back to his non wheezy, I wanna wrestle ways, even with a bit of a raspy voice. Yesterday was spent at home and he was up beat and hi 5 well before lunch. As punishment he is spending the weekend in the Gulag :-D aka at his mums.

Not really arms and legs falling off, shark bite nasty or falling off the perch, but jeepers, how scary can croup be. My best little mate sat bolt upright at 2:10 am yesterday and was as hoarse as a market spruiker come saturday evening. I even made a joke that he sounded like Darth Vader and to have a drink. About 3 seconds later when it was obvious he was struggling to breath I had the thought that this wasn't cool and beyond a drink, the magic sponge and a bit of tape that usually fixes most things. Never having experienced croup before, I grabbed my phone and called 000, except my fat fingers somehow called 8000, which was the cause of a burst of profanity, then another fat fingered call to 0800, uggghhhhh, more profanity and some unprecedented wheezing from Willy on the wheeze box. Am only around the corner from the local hospital, chucked my best little wheezer in the car, made a mockery of the 50 zone along the beach and hurtled, ever so casually, into the E.D. Anyway, a couple of hours later and my best little mate was back to his non wheezy, I wanna wrestle ways, even with a bit of a raspy voice. Yesterday was spent at home and he was up beat and hi 5 well before lunch. As punishment he is spending the weekend in the Gulag :-D aka at his mums.

Croup a scary one Rickety. Well done.

Croup a scary one Rickety. Well done.
Have no fear I thrashed him good and proper when we got home for getting it! :-D Hahaha seriously though, way uncool in the middle of the night. Kid was galloping around at soccer training a few hours earlier like he was bloody Ryan Giggs.

I had never heard of croup, is it common?
I reckon so. Kinda like a cold, sort of, but the muscles in the throat, or just the throat itself contracts and makes breathing hard. He said he couldn't breathe through his nose and I could see he was really working hard to breath, his ribcage really standing out, as well as his neck straining. Apparently there is a bit going around down here, so not uncommon I would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did cca ever admit that was actually part of the course?
Not defending them but the truth has to be somewhere in the middle, as always
It was a LinkedIn course based on Robin DeAngelo's work that was used by Coke. Coke ditched LinkedIn after the backlash and LinkedIn removed it.

Coca-Cola said the video was uploaded to their LinkedIn Learning platform but was not part of their compulsory curriculum. Offered, but not mandatory. The fact it existed in the first place is more the issue.

Last edited:
It was a LinkedIn course based on Robin DeAngelo's work that was used by Coke. Coke ditched LinkedIn after the backlash and LinkedIn removed it.

Coca-Cola said the video was uploaded to their LinkedIn Learning platform but was not part of their compulsory curriculum. Offered, but not mandatory. The fact it existed in the first place is more the issue.
Offered as in people could click on it or offered as in "this is something you should look at"?
It's an important distinction because people will just see "coca cola forcing their employees to be less white" and that's how we get manufactured outrage

Offered as in people could click on it or offered as in "this is something you should look at"?
It's an important distinction because people will just see "coca cola forcing their employees to be less white" and that's how we get manufactured outrage
As I said, it wasn’t mandatory.

Coca-Cola said the video was uploaded to their LinkedIn Learning platform but was not part of their compulsory curriculum.

“The video and images attributed to a Coca-Cola training program are not part of the company’s learning curriculum,” the company said in a statement to The Sun.

“Our Better Together global training is part of a learning plan to help build an inclusive workplace. It is comprised of a number of short vignettes, each a few minutes long.

“The training includes access to the LinkedIn Learning platform on a variety of topics, including on diversity, equity and inclusion.

“The video in question was accessible on the LinkedIn Learning platform but was not part of the company’s curriculum. We will continue to listen to our employees and refine our learning programs as appropriate.”

The forced training part is one element that could generate outrage, but I would argue that the be less white part has generated more outrage.

I just think it is nuts. Boycotts and the such are just silly and counterproductive.

Last edited:
Yea, we're the crazy ones...

You have figured out our master plan

Fascinating how you automatically made it into an adversarial conflict.

Kind of proving the point of the argument in those tweets:

dig up

Authorities have had to ban mining in a village in the Democratic Republic of the Congo after a mountain made up of gold-rich soil was discovered.
Dozens of people flooded to the mountain in Luhihi, in Congo’s South Kivu province, following the discovery of the gold-rich ore in late February, with videos from the scene showing people digging at the ground with shovels and using their hands to try and extract the precious material from the ground.

As I said, it wasn’t mandatory.

Coca-Cola said the video was uploaded to their LinkedIn Learning platform but was not part of their compulsory curriculum.

“The video and images attributed to a Coca-Cola training program are not part of the company’s learning curriculum,” the company said in a statement to The Sun.

“Our Better Together global training is part of a learning plan to help build an inclusive workplace. It is comprised of a number of short vignettes, each a few minutes long.

“The training includes access to the LinkedIn Learning platform on a variety of topics, including on diversity, equity and inclusion.

“The video in question was accessible on the LinkedIn Learning platform but was not part of the company’s curriculum. We will continue to listen to our employees and refine our learning programs as appropriate.”

The forced training part is one element that could generate outrage, but I would argue that the be less white part has generated more outrage.

I just think it is nuts. Boycotts and the such are just silly and counterproductive.
The world seems to me like it's always had it's fair share of extreme views, personally I'm not one to get upset over a powerpoint slide when history is littered with much worse examples of hate. Will eat my words if I'm ever corralled into a reverse of the white australia policy but until then diangelo can keep her fringe views and probably end up with less work after this. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
The world seems to me like it's always had it's fair share of extreme views, personally I'm not one to get upset over a powerpoint slide when history is littered with much worse examples of hate. Will eat my words if I'm ever corralled into a reverse of the white australia policy but until then diangelo can keep her fringe views and probably end up with less work after this. 🤷‍♂️
Look, it isn’t as big as problem as many other pressing issues and I probably have exaggerated in the past, but I don’t like blatant racism being taught.

Not as fringe as it once was unfortunately. Especially if has worked it way into major corporations, institutions and dominates book sales. She isn’t alone either. But I’m an old man yelling at a cloud, so I don’t know why I bother.

Last edited:
The fact it existed in the first place is more the issue.

You could well say the same about racism hey.

If it didn't exist, no need for courses that Coke didn't make people take.

dig up

Authorities have had to ban mining in a village in the Democratic Republic of the Congo after a mountain made up of gold-rich soil was discovered.
Dozens of people flooded to the mountain in Luhihi, in Congo’s South Kivu province, following the discovery of the gold-rich ore in late February, with videos from the scene showing people digging at the ground with shovels and using their hands to try and extract the precious material from the ground.

Ballarat 170 years ago.

It is odd how so many of the "anti woke" claims made on this thread fall apart under the slightest examination.

GG and his pictures of "Macron's France" in flames that were from Hollande's presidency.

Tef's claims that some maths teacher in one town in the US using a gender example being "worse than Mein Kampf".

K4E posting a tweet that say Coke is "forcing" people then admitting a few tweets later than Coke didn't force anyone to do anything.

That dude from the tweets I posted is bang on about how the anti-woke worldview actually operates.

That is, the vast majority is only in your head, and folks literally have to make up "woke" outrages to get offended about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back