Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
things must have changed, you really need good relay servers that keep the data on them for a long enough (retention) period or you end up with a pletora of incomplete files.

There are decent ones that retain for a reasonable time to allow downloads.

It’s also prudent to have a couple of newsgroup subs if you’re serious about it.

You need newsgroup subs, indexer(s) and programs like Sonarr and Radarr.

I haven’t sailed those waters for a while, but may when I fire up my Unraid server.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There are decent ones that retain for a reasonable time to allow downloads.

It’s also prudent to have a couple of newsgroup subs if you’re serious about it.

You need newsgroup subs, indexer(s) and programs like Sonarr and Radarr.

I haven’t sailed those waters for a while, but may when I fire up my Unraid server.
handy for a NAS?

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

If school fights and bullying were news stories when I went to High School there would be multiple front page articles from my school every day of the year.

This is different though. This is bullying a kid who obviously doesn’t want to fight.

We also had fights all the time at school, to the point where we had someone come from Turana to mediate between my group and the other group once a week. It was pretty full on.

And I promise you that if we saw someone getting bullied like that we would have kicked the s**t out of the bullies. Both groups would have.

Went up to Bunnings and decided to walk 40 minutes home. Probably the best day we've had in a while.

Been spraying weeds in the backyard after a neglecting it all winter lol

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is different though. This is bullying a kid who obviously doesn’t want to fight.

We also had fights all the time at school, to the point where we had someone come from Turana to mediate between my group and the other group once a week. It was pretty full on.

And I promise you that if we saw someone getting bullied like that we would have kicked the s**t out of the bullies. Both groups would have.

That is what bullying is about though, isn't it? Picking on someone who doesn't want to fight? Otherwise, it is just a fight. I'm not proud of it but I decked older kids who bullied my friends, I don't think violence is the best solution but in my experience at least violence ended the bullying.

I think the vast majority of negative s**t that goes on in school is bullying instead of outright fighting. It is usually a product of kids that have had a lack of parental guidance, poor schools/environments which lead to negative peer group pressure, etc taking it out on people that look weaker and passive. Bullies don't usually come back to people who flatten them or get flattened as a result of their bullying, they aren't really looking for a fight, they are looking for a victim to make themselves feel better.

Schools can be a pretty savage environment, a quiet passive kid looks like a limping gazelle on the African plains and all of the lions stick their head up and see lunch on the menu. I just think it is crazy what gets caught by social media nowadays and what is considered news, what puts politicians under pressure. We literally had school vs school fights when i first got to HS and I thought wtf is going on here. That was in the good ole days when it was a police state, a friend of mine at school was shot at by police for running away, broke his collar bone diving to avoid the bullets and forced to sign a waiver in hospital that police didn't use excessive force. Police around the world are now policing mean tweets, it is a bit surreal at times.

It is sad to see kids bullied and I hope it is educated out of people, but I still find it kinda crazy the s**t that went on when I was a kid, wasn't "that" long ago. We had electricity. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went up to Bunnings and decided to walk 40 minutes home. Probably the best day we've had in a while.

Been spraying weeds in the backyard after a neglecting it all winter lol
Have you swapped tales with Gasometer, currently on top of his weed problem and probably enjoying a cuppa out on the back deck enjoying a sunny spring morning :)

Have you swapped tales with Gasometer, currently on top of his weed problem and probably enjoying a cuppa out on the back deck enjoying a sunny spring morning :)

Here's my tale: Scorched earth via Roundup

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If anyone wants to watch/listen one of the best satire, but honestly just two comics one up on each other, check out Tim Dillions latest episode with Louis C.K. No 317 of the Tim Dillion Show. Dont watch it if comedy can bother you though.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I finally watched top gun maverick.
The script and plot was predictably terrible, but holy smokes, how good is the third act. Some of the most exhilarating aerial photography I’ve ever seen.
And I gotta respect the extreme measures the team undertook to avoid CGI, particularly for a extraordinarily dumb story that had no pretensions of critical excellence.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I finally watched top gun maverick.
The script and plot was predictably terrible, but holy smokes, how good is the third act. Some of the most exhilarating aerial photography I’ve ever seen.
And I gotta respect the extreme measures the team undertook to avoid CGI, particularly for a extraordinarily dumb story that had no pretensions of critical excellence.
There was a bit of CGI, only the hornet footage was actual, the "bogey" sukoi su57s were CGI. As was the concept mach 4 test aircraft "darkstar" which was superimposed on another planes sillhoette.

But tech details aside i agree the vision was striking.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There was a bit of CGI, only the hornet footage was actual, the "bogey" sukoi su57s were CGI. As was the concept mach 4 test aircraft "darkstar" which was superimposed on another planes sillhoette.

But tech details aside i agree the vision was striking.
Yeah I just meant in the last third of the film.
They could have done that whole half an hour in the hornets as CGI but the authenticity really paid off.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The whole hack was a joke, you can’t copy databases like that without major networking warnings going off. And 1.5m please, they’d be asking for ten times that..
what we get is poli’s calling for single issue digital id’s, this is a back door to a social credit system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back