Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not totally unexpected, but this is only going worsen our dependency on the USA. We have no nuclear industry to support it all and it is off-the-shelf, so the yanks will have all the source codes for all the important tech/systems.

Is it just about keeping China circled?

What’s going on with her? I’ve noticed a lot of chatter about her in the politics realm. She seems to have pissed off the far left.
She said some mumble jumble about not taking the vaccine for the met gala lol because her cousin in Trinidad had it and it made his balls get swollen lol then she went on to say this because Boris said something about her on the news

She said some mumble jumble about not taking the vaccine for the met gala lol because her cousin in Trinidad had it and it made his balls get swollen lol then she went on to say this

Ahhhh now I understand all the big balls memes.

And she’s obviously a bit mental. Weird how she’s getting more shade for this then she did for hanging out with tekashi 69

Is it just about keeping China circled?
Naval collaboration and higher naval interoperability, so I would say so. They probably want us to contribute more as exemplified by the fact that they are offering us (military-applied) nuclear technology for the first ever time. They previously would not even give us information on anechoic tiles (quietens a sub's noise profile) for the Collins submarine because they contained nuclear technology.

Naval collaboration, so I would say so. They probably want us to contribute more as exemplified by the fact that they are offering us nuclear technology for the first ever time. They would not even give us information on anechoic tiles (quietens a sub's noise profile) for the Collins submarine because they contained nuclear technology.

I know you just did a massive amount of work on this stuff, but is there a simple answer to, why is it bad that we need the US? I feel like if we didn’t have a strong ally we’d be out here with all our resources ripe for the taking.

I know you just did a massive amount of work on this stuff, but is there a simple answer to, why is it bad that we need the US? I feel like if we didn’t have a strong ally we’d be out here with all our resources ripe for the taking.
Simply put, it is our reliance on great and powerful friends that drives a lot of this. There are other generational aspects, like a limited manufacturing base, limited resources, domination by foreign subsidiaries and a general unwillingness to take on costly risky local defence projects etc., but it mostly comes back to the comfort of having a big and powerful friend to protect us.

The fact that the yanks are giving Australia (military-application) nuclear tech shows they are starting to feel the pinch.

My general simplification of this is that, whilst the US has spent trillions to remain a global superpower, that benefits our safety. It's come at a cost socially to them.
We've had the luxury of using our federal coffers spending on healthcare, infrastructure, and services that benefit the people.
Their federal highways and healthcare system is way below what it should be.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was an observation. Nothing more.
They are already targeting us, so it will make little difference economically.

I can’t stand the CCP. They’re an authoritarian racist dictatorship that wants to take over the world. They treat their own people like s**t.

The world is in a pandemic because of something that has come from China yet still refuses to let outsiders conduct a proper investigation into what happened. I want no part of them.

Simply put, it is our reliance on great and powerful friends that drives a lot of this. There are other generational aspects, like a limited manufacturing base, limited resources, domination by foreign subsidiaries and a general unwillingness to take on costly risky local defence projects etc., but it mostly comes back to the comfort of having a big and powerful friend to protect us.

The fact that the yanks are giving Australia (military-application) nuclear tech shows they are starting to feel the pinch.
The subs are neither here nor there for me, the a.i. partnership will be the interesting, because whoever conquers it first, will rule the world.
did you also see the sth Korea tested ballistic launching from subs yesterday.. I think they’ve joined a very small club.

all the counties around Taiwan are flexing.

Last edited:
The subs are neither here nor there for me, the a.i. partnership will be the interesting, because whoever concours it first, will rule the world.
did you also see the sth Korea tested ballistic launching from subs yesterday.. I think they’ve joined a very small club.

all the counties around Taiwan are flexing.
Everyone is fiddling with hypersonic and ballistic missile defence tech atm.

Absolutely, but there’s a difference between launching platforms.
the ability to launch from 1000’s km from your territory is not so much a deterrent.
At the end of the day, the only thing we should be scared of is the big ballistic missiles. Whilst cruise and hypersonic have long range, they don't have the same range or lethality as a ballistic missile. They would have to be right in our waters to hit anything.

I personally don't think we are really worth wasting a ballistic or nuclear missile on, but some think differently.

At the end of the day, the only thing we should be scared of is the big ballistic missiles. Whilst cruise and hypersonic have long range, they don't have the same range or lethality as a ballistic missile. They would have to be right in our waters to hit anything.

I personally don't think we are really worth wasting a ballistic or nuclear missile on, but some think differently.
Sth Korea is an ally, not really worried about their ability to strike us.

what they’ve done is ratcheted up tensions in an already hot region. Aus getting new subs doesn’t shift the balance of power, as much as South Korea successfully testing the launching platform.

Sth Korea is an ally, not really worried about their ability to strike us.

what they’ve done is ratcheted up tensions in an already hot region. Aus getting new subs doesn’t shift the balance of power, as much as South Korea successfully testing the launching platform.

I was talking generally about BMs.

The sub's will affect the balance, but only ever so slightly. The reason that they do shift power dynamics is because they are nuclear-propelled and, theoretically, have infinite range and can carry more ordinance than a conventionally powered submarine.

I agree, the BM testing will do more to destabilise things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back