Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epsteins pilot has named names in the Maxwell trial. Trump, Clinton, Spacey, Prince Andrew but of course the prick said he never saw any underage girls. He worked for Epstein for 30 years, as if he’d say he saw underage girls and incriminate himself. On the same day, the first witness was heard and she testified that she was first approached by Ghislaine at 14 years old and that’s when the assaults started happening.

I have a strange feeling that this evil bitch is going to get off.

fu** I wish I was a boy because these fking period cramps are worst pain I have ever felt in my life omh

My missus gets them something shocking. She worked at a horrible place once where I pretty much had to tell the boss to **** off on her behalf when she started questioning a monthly sick day. Luckily shed at a much more understanding place now.

My missus gets them something shocking. She worked at a horrible place once where I pretty much had to tell the boss to **** off on her behalf when she started questioning a monthly sick day. Luckily shed at a much more understanding place now.
Yeah they are fking horrible.

I woke up at 4:30 and I can’t even describe the pain to you like if you have had the worst stomach ache but 10000x worse. I was stuck in the bathroom because I thought I was gonna throw up, I couldn’t find Panadol or a heat pack so I just laid in bed til it went away and went to sleep.

Epsteins pilot has named names in the Maxwell trial. Trump, Clinton, Spacey, Prince Andrew but of course the prick said he never saw any underage girls. He worked for Epstein for 30 years, as if he’d say he saw underage girls and incriminate himself. On the same day, the first witness was heard and she testified that she was first approached by Ghislaine at 14 years old and that’s when the assaults started happening.

I have a strange feeling that this evil b*tch is going to get off.

I can't see how she gets off but strange things happen in courts. Interesting names already - let's see who else is outed.

Val, what i think is funny about all this is that people think Qanon is bullshit (and i'm sure its meant to seem like bullshit, that is why it exists) but what is this Epstein story if it isn't exactly the same narrative with a few slightly different details.

But no one cares because since the GFC this is what government is. Its just a massive racket and ordinary people don't count.

This probably has something to do with what is driving the anti covid protest around the world. Before covid along they were just anti government protests in most places.
I am not sure what your point is here Ferbs. You think the Epstein case is “exactly the same narrative [as Qanon] with a few slightly different details”? I’d say they are fundamentally different – one is an historical narrative, the other is a fictional narrative.

I am no fan of American institutions as a broad collective. It is clear to me that they fail huge sections of their community, notably people of colour and the poor. Now, let’s set aside the current bogey word “Critical Race Theory” for a second. Let’s just consider “race studies”, which is part of academia far better represented in the US than it is in Australia (much to the chagrin of Aileen Moreton-Robinson). You could talk even more broadly of “sociologists” and “historians”. A lot of smart people have spent a lot of time researching these issues. And they don’t generally say that the problem is racism/bias in individuals. (Having said that, some evolutionary psychologists firmly believe racism is an evolutionary trait arising from the fact for most of their time on this planet humans have lived in small groups where you relied on the in-group, and the out-group was a threat.) The problem is much more structural than that, and those structures arose in a specific historical framework. (FWIW I think CRT also posits structural theories, rather than blaming an inherent racism of individual white people).

Anyway, that is my long way of saying that I have some faith in American institutions at an individual level. Issues with courts and incarceration rates in the big picture are not because the court system is corrupt or broken at the level of individual hearings, even if there may be occasional instances of that. Obviously there are a multitude of reasons behind the big picture, but they basically all address the question of why so many people of colour are caught up in the system.

So the Epstein narrative is a thing. It happened, police and prosecutors and judges and representatives of the community got together to try to ascertain the true answer to a question, which was whether this man did certain things which constituted certain crimes. He died before they could answer that question in the formal court process, but a lot of evidence has been produced. I don’t have the time, but I’m sure I could read the court documents and the reportage and be satisfied that he committed a disappointingly large number of crimes. I have enough faith in those institutions that I accept Wikipedia’s summary.

Pedophilia is also a thing. Sadly, it seems there will always be people that sexually abuse children. There are Australian priests who abused similar numbers of children to Epstein. They didn’t need to be rich and powerful, they just had to have a certain authority and access to children. This is also a true story I accept because people have bravely told their stories, and I have faith in institutions like Royal Commissions.

If I turn to Wikipedia again for QAnon, I find it is a conspiracy theory “that a cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles operate a global child sex trafficking ring”. So it is also a story about pedophilia. But it is fiction. It is very obviously made up and I have never seen one skerrick of evidence I would trust to suggest it is true. If it was simply a novel and its readers accepted it as fiction that would be one thing. But unfortunately, humans appear to have some innate need to believe that fantasies where our lives are at the mercy of forces beyond our control are literally true. It comes from the same place that gave us an array of religions, lizard people aliens and the elders of Zion.

My issue with the fantasy narrative is it takes attention away from genuine solutions to child sexual abuse. Harassing staff at a pizza shop does nothing to help. Devoting time and energy trying to prove that Hillary Clinton and a bunch of celebrities operate a child sex-trafficking ring does nothing to help. My view is that we strive to create a world where there is increasingly wider acceptance that sexual abuse is wrong, and is not something that victims should feel ashamed about, so perpetrators cannot use that shame to hide their crimes. I also believe lifting people out of poverty would be hugely beneficial. Inevitably some pedophiles will be rich and powerful and they will have a greater capacity to evade prosecution, like they will also evade taxes. But let’s create a world where it is harder for people to be their victims.

I hope you’re right. She can’t get away with it. The people will riot…..and so they should.
No they won't.
I am not sure what your point is here Ferbs. You think the Epstein case is “exactly the same narrative [as Qanon] with a few slightly different details”? I’d say they are fundamentally different – one is an historical narrative, the other is a fictional narrative.

I'm gonna make my point using your own words. i'm not talking about racism here btw.

The problem is much more structural than that, and those structures arose in a specific historical framework.

So the Epstein narrative is a thing.

Pedophilia is also a thing. Sadly, it seems there will always be people that sexually abuse children. There are Australian priests who abused similar numbers of children to Epstein. They didn’t need to be rich and powerful, (I would argue they were powerful, its how they got away with it for so long. They lost power and only then did they start to suffer the consequences of their crimes, but until then ...) they just had to have a certain authority (ie power) and access to children. This is also a true story I accept because people have bravely told their stories, and I have faith in institutions like Royal Commissions.

My issue with the fantasy narrative is it takes attention away from genuine solutions to child sexual abuse. Harassing staff at a pizza shop does nothing to help. Devoting time and energy trying to prove that Hillary Clinton and a bunch of celebrities operate a child sex-trafficking ring does nothing to help.

What are those structures - well power obviously.

What was Epstein's deal? He went from obscurity to mega wealth in a short time with the patronage of a couple of very powerful people and was part of the elite in the US, he networked with people like Clinton and Trump. Clinton is no fool, he spent alot of time with Epstein and everyone assumes its for the sex but the reality is probably different. (According to women who have met him he is charismatic and sexually attractive. I saw Natasha whatever her name was that was in the Democrats years ago interviewed once and she despite her personal distaste for him in terms of his history once she met him she thought he was hot. Or wtte.)

But was Epstein selling him information or working with him? His list of clients or associates is interesting and you can some of those people benefiting someone like Clinton (or even Trump) if information could be extracted from them or some other services leveraged from them (because Clinton knows who Epstein set them up with.) GMaxwell is alleged to be associated with Mossad, as was her dead dad. Access to some of those people would be useful for Israel. Epstein was "friends" with lots of tech and science people. This stuff is 'sposed to be standard for intelligence agencies, organised criminal networks and other quasi legal organisations. Use sexual blackmail to get information or specific behaviour from people who don't want to be exposed.

You mention priests but how do you think Pell rose so quickly to near the top of the Vatican? I dunno if he was an active member of the abuse networks in the Catholic Church that obviously existed, but I'll bet he knew about them and leveraged them from when he was in Ballarat. he was definitely a spymaster type.

Is QAnon fiction or is it just misinformation? In that it excludes certain people and focuses on other people and ridiculous claims that obviously discredit anything to do with Hilary Clinton and child exploitation networks but she is at most one degree removed and probably knew at least some details about all this for at least 15 years now. Its good for Trump cos the people that believe it also think he isn't part of this s**t cos he's the one talking about it. It makes the Clintons look sus and Trump look good. But the Clintons look sus anyway so all it really does is try and give Trump some cover for the same s**t. Its a magic trick so it uses misdirection.

I know you were talking about structural racism but as long as we've had power imbalances and the sort of freedom from scrutiny that old school aristocrats and modern intelligence agencies try to have then we'll get this sort of sexual exploitation. Epstein's was one network but there would be heaps of networks in every major or minor power, among ciminal organisations, business networks.

If you don’t instantly feel sick to your stomach when seeing a photo of Ghislaine then ur crazy.

I’m so proud of victim under the pseudonym Jane, as someone who was in a similar situation with men who held social power, extremely proud.

No they won't.

I'm gonna make my point using your own words. i'm not talking about racism here btw.

What are those structures - well power obviously.

What was Epstein's deal? He went from obscurity to mega wealth in a short time with the patronage of a couple of very powerful people and was part of the elite in the US, he networked with people like Clinton and Trump. Clinton is no fool, he spent alot of time with Epstein and everyone assumes its for the sex but the reality is probably different. (According to women who have met him he is charismatic and sexually attractive. I saw Natasha whatever her name was that was in the Democrats years ago interviewed once and she despite her personal distaste for him in terms of his history once she met him she thought he was hot. Or wtte.)

But was Epstein selling him information or working with him? His list of clients or associates is interesting and you can some of those people benefiting someone like Clinton (or even Trump) if information could be extracted from them or some other services leveraged from them (because Clinton knows who Epstein set them up with.) GMaxwell is alleged to be associated with Mossad, as was her dead dad. Access to some of those people would be useful for Israel. Epstein was "friends" with lots of tech and science people. This stuff is 'sposed to be standard for intelligence agencies, organised criminal networks and other quasi legal organisations. Use sexual blackmail to get information or specific behaviour from people who don't want to be exposed.

You mention priests but how do you think Pell rose so quickly to near the top of the Vatican? I dunno if he was an active member of the abuse networks in the Catholic Church that obviously existed, but I'll bet he knew about them and leveraged them from when he was in Ballarat. he was definitely a spymaster type.

Is QAnon fiction or is it just misinformation? In that it excludes certain people and focuses on other people and ridiculous claims that obviously discredit anything to do with Hilary Clinton and child exploitation networks but she is at most one degree removed and probably knew at least some details about all this for at least 15 years now. Its good for Trump cos the people that believe it also think he isn't part of this sh*t cos he's the one talking about it. It makes the Clintons look sus and Trump look good. But the Clintons look sus anyway so all it really does is try and give Trump some cover for the same sh*t. Its a magic trick so it uses misdirection.

I know you were talking about structural racism but as long as we've had power imbalances and the sort of freedom from scrutiny that old school aristocrats and modern intelligence agencies try to have then we'll get this sort of sexual exploitation. Epstein's was one network but there would be heaps of networks in every major or minor power, among ciminal organisations, business networks.

I feel like it’s easy to go off into the reeds with this thing and have conversations about the Catholic Church, systemic racism, whatever, but, imo it’s so important that everyone focuses on this case. We literally have a case of a person sex trafficking minors to elites.

The man who was originally charged died under super dubious circumstances and now his partner is on trial.

If someone had of talked about this 10 years ago they’d be labeled as a bit “whacky” Alex Jones style. It’s ******* insane that he was right.

Structural racism was really a tangent I raised, just to sort of caution that while I have a certain degree of faith in US institutions, I think they are fundamentally flawed and need to change. But I think it serves to illustrate my point, so I will try to give you an idea of what I mean by it when I use it.

Structural problems in a society covers a wide range of things that affect the community at a broad level. It can be laws, taxation, policing approaches, community values just to name a few at random. They are often the consequences of historical actors and social values that are outdated. For example, the public drunkenness laws in Victoria – no Australian government would introduce those laws today (Victoria is one of the last two to get rid of them), yet they have persisted until now. This is what the most recent report which finally prompted change said:

Very regrettably, Ms Day’s story reflects a much larger, systemic issue across Victoria. The human impacts of the criminalisation of public drunkenness are borne out clearly in the data. What the data tells us is that the criminalisation of public drunkenness discriminates against vulnerable people, and in particular Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, Sudanese and South Sudanese communities, people experiencing homelessness, substance abuse and people experiencing mental health. [sic] (Seeing the Clear Light of Day ERG report.pdf (justice.vic.gov.au))

Like Australia, the US is a nation state that arose out of the colonial project and saw a civilisation consisting of a complex mosaic of societies dispossessed of their land, including the deaths of a debateable, but undoubtedly significant, number of people. Unlike Australia, the use of African slave labour was a notable part of the American economy. (Which is not to deny the lesser use of Indigenous, Pacific islander and Indian slavery in Australia).

When you steal land and have a source of extremely cheap labour it makes it quite easy to generate enormous wealth. Of course, that is not the story Europeans tell themselves, at least not in the Enlightenment. (Pre-Enlightenment you are happy to say “might is right” and consider yourself on a mission from God). You say the people weren’t using the land; they were in a “state of nature”; it is not right to let good land go to waste; history is a series of progressions of which European civilisation is the apex. You get my drift. And as you build your own, transplanted, society it mirrors European society, and all these parts of it favour certain people. Again, you don’t recognise it as such – you think it is how the ideal society should be and it is essentially fair, and the problem is that some people just aren’t as clever as you and they sure as s**t don’t work as hard.

Again, think about the public drunkenness laws. I don’t know when they were introduced, but I bet at the time people didn’t care that the only people ever taken into custody were Indigenous. Of course it’s black people, they can’t handle their grog and I shouldn’t have to put up with it. Drunken white people do their best to appear sober, and the policeman can still understand their drunken slur and they go home to bed. What’s the problem?

I fear I’m getting off topic here, when I was just meaning to give an example, so I’ll try to get to my point. As I said once before I don’t follow this American stuff as much as some of you. When I read about Epstein, the thing I found most appalling was the fact he clearly used his wealth for a plea deal in 2008 and got away with a slap on the wrist when there was knowledge of 36 victims. That’s a failure of an institution. Maybe I’m naïve, but I like to hope that could not happen in Australia in 2021. It’s a tragic dozen years but hopefully things would have turned out differently in the USA too if he’d gone to trial.

Yes, Epstein’s wealth is a bit mysterious, but one of his mentors was Robert Maxwell who was a bit of a fruitcake. I found it interesting that he was found to be less wealthy than many had assumed after he died – some debate about whether he was actually a billionaire. From memory Maxwell seemingly committed suicide after he lost all his wealth? Epstein seemed pretty ******* rich to me – with his islands and properties all over the world and whatever. Whether such obscene wealth should be sequestered in individuals is another structural question – it is often extracting large sums of capital from the economy and returning little to none in the form of taxation.

The situation with Catholic priests in Australia was structural too. We’ve dealt with it by losing our religiosity – these days young Filipino priests minister to elderly congregations. I don’t know the stats, hopefully there is less abuse, but it would be over a wider range of professions. Obviously, there were a lot of other institutional bodies with the same problems at the same time as the Catholic church.

Did George Pell rise in the church through some secret network of pedophile priests? Was Epstein trafficking girls to his circle of rich and powerful friends? Is that the question that links the conspiracy theories with reality? To me the reality of that question is why do pedophiles seek each other out and offend in networks? That seems to me a question of psychology, and I’m fairly certain that we didn’t need a conspiracy theory to ask that. I’m not going to pretend to know anything much about psychology, especially that of pedophiles, but the idea of “grooming” comes up a lot. It seems fairly well-established that offenders were often victims. It would not surprise me if people could recognise that grooming in others, but that’s just thinking out loud.

But it does bring me back to my original point, which is you deal with this problem by empowering victims and ensuring that children understand what is inappropriate behaviour, including grooming. Creating a society where it is difficult to convince children that sexualised behaviour is acceptable, and to keep things secret, seems to me a sensible approach. Increasing services to both victims and offenders seems a no-brainer. There will always be an element of people who say “lock ‘em up and throw away the key” but seriously what do you do with a 13 year old boy who you are pretty sure has offended for the first time?

By all means smash the cabal of rich and powerful who are trafficking children from around the world. But even then, maybe you also need to focus on the victim? Where do they come from? What circumstances prevail that lead to children being trafficked from these places? How do we change them? Unsurprisingly, I believe you will find a whole range of other structural issues.

Ultimately, I prefer my view to yours. It seems less bleak. I like to think we can work towards a world where it is possible that sexual abuse of children is abnormalized to the point it is not a viable option for the blackmailing activities of intelligence agencies. Spies are gunna do what spies do, they’ll find something else. Although, I’m sure the significance of some of the “sexy” stuff in foreign policy gets overstated. But that’s a whole other conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok before I moved to BF I was on the FB north groups and s**t and I never like talked personally to anyone on there cause like ur not anon right but this one old guy keeps following me on Insta and I blocked him too the last time and yesterday I saw he followed me yesterday and get this my instagram account doesn’t have my full name so how does he know ahhh

Ok before I moved to BF I was on the FB north groups and sh*t and I never like talked personally to anyone on there cause like ur not anon right but this one old guy keeps following me on Insta and I blocked him too the last time and yesterday I saw he followed me yesterday and get this my instagram account doesn’t have my full name so how does he know ahhh

Not cool. You should tell your parents. They will help you and you’ll build trust. The bloke sounds like a creep.

I feel like it’s easy to go off into the reeds with this thing and have conversations about the Catholic Church, systemic racism, whatever, but, imo it’s so important that everyone focuses on this case. We literally have a case of a person sex trafficking minors to elites.

The man who was originally charged died under super dubious circumstances and now his partner is on trial.

If someone had of talked about this 10 years ago they’d be labeled as a bit “whacky” Alex Jones style. It’s ******* insane that he was right.
I agree that we should focus on this case, but I'm wary of the "man bites dog" fascination with this case. The voices of the survivors seems to be lost in the focus on "elites" and celebrities, and the circumstances of Epstein's death.

As Brittany Higgins has said about her own rape:

My assault itself wasn't about me, it was about power. The way it was subsequently handled wasn't about me, it was about maintaining power. Even the media coverage, to an extent, wasn't about me it was about my proximity to power.

What are the recommendations of the Jenkins report other than a list of structural reforms that are required to enhance women's safety and treatment in Federal parliament? It is all well and good to focus on the Maxwell case, but it should be through the prism of the failures of society that allowed young women and girls to be sexually assaulted. What can we change to better protect all children from abuse, whether that be at the hands of the Epsteins of this world, a swimming coach, a high school teacher or family member?

Maybe you are right that 10 years ago somebody voicing allegations against Epstein might have been seen as a wacky conspiracy theorist. They shouldn't have been though, because the man's crimes were already a matter of public record and his non-prosecution agreement was a subject of controversy. That's a fundamental difference with the conspiracy theories. I would reiterate my point that the distinction between the Epstein case and QAnon is that one is real and one is imaginary. We focus on Epstein because he was a real man with real victims. It does not mean that suddenly we have to tilt at the windmills of conspiracy theories with no such supporting facts.

One of the linked articles on his Wikipedia page concluded with the following point:
But unfortunately, it’s entirely possible that Epstein went unpunished for a reason that’s very commonplace and very simple: When a rich man abuses poor young women and girls, a lot of people are only too happy to look the other way. The Epstein case may, in time, lead to other revelations about the wealthy and powerful, but it’s already emphasized this sobering fact. Only time will tell if the case does anything to change it.

Ok before I moved to BF I was on the FB north groups and sh*t and I never like talked personally to anyone on there cause like ur not anon right but this one old guy keeps following me on Insta and I blocked him too the last time and yesterday I saw he followed me yesterday and get this my instagram account doesn’t have my full name so how does he know ahhh
Agree with Val about talking to your parents about it. Also, Facebook owns Insta and all the privacy settings are a nightmare to navigate IMO. It could be that having linked with you through a FB group he is able to connect it to Insta? In any case, if he has unexpectedly been able to find you it would definitely be worth reviewing the privacy settings.

I agree that we should focus on this case, but I'm wary of the "man bites dog" fascination with this case. The voices of the survivors seems to be lost in the focus on "elites" and celebrities, and the circumstances of Epstein's death.

As Brittany Higgins has said about her own rape:

What are the recommendations of the Jenkins report other than a list of structural reforms that are required to enhance women's safety and treatment in Federal parliament? It is all well and good to focus on the Maxwell case, but it should be through the prism of the failures of society that allowed young women and girls to be sexually assaulted. What can we change to better protect all children from abuse, whether that be at the hands of the Epsteins of this world, a swimming coach, a high school teacher or family member?

Maybe you are right that 10 years ago somebody voicing allegations against Epstein might have been seen as a wacky conspiracy theorist. They shouldn't have been though, because the man's crimes were already a matter of public record and his non-prosecution agreement was a subject of controversy. That's a fundamental difference with the conspiracy theories. I would reiterate my point that the distinction between the Epstein case and QAnon is that one is real and one is imaginary. We focus on Epstein because he was a real man with real victims. It does not mean that suddenly we have to tilt at the windmills of conspiracy theories with no such supporting facts.

One of the linked articles on his Wikipedia page concluded with the following point:

You’re right, the victims are being lost in this case, but this case in particular is quite unique considering the individuals involved, Presidents, movie stars, members of the royal family etc, the victims unfortunately are going to be lost in a way, some remaining anonymous by choice.

However I think of it as a step forward and potentially saving future victims. The point you’re making is right though, in that there’s a larger systemic issue in society that’s allowed this to happen, probably since time immemorial. The Greeks did it, the Romans did it. Obviously we’ve come a long way since then.

I don’t know what type of homes the victims came from, but if I were to guess I’d say some people are blinded by wealth. As a parent I don’t think I’d be comfortable with my teenage daughter traveling around with adults but I don’t know what structures Maxwell and Epstein put in place to make them feel comfortable, actually I think it might’ve been under the cover of some sort of talent identification agency.

Im definitely not going full QAnon on this though. That one was ridiculous and has been debunked by a documentary on Netflix. It just started as a larp by some kid, got traction and then some people saw a political base and played to it.

This one is real though. The only question is how deep it goes. Was it a kompromat organisation? Was it purely just devotes getting together? Bill Gates wife left him over this, again yes the victims get lost, but the names are massive.

Les Wexner gave Epstein a multi million dollar home in NY. Gave it to him for zero money. That’s not normal. Apparently there was a very large painting of Bill Clinton in a dress that greets you when you enter the foyer. There’s a lot of weirdness to this. I just hope justice is served to all who deserve it.

BREAKING: Witness going under pseudonym "Jane" testifies at Ghislaine Maxwell trial that Jeffrey Epstein drove her to Mar-A-Lago to meet Donald Trump when she was just 14-years-old.
Nice clickbait title by cnbc.

The rest:
the woman, in testimony at Maxwell's federal sex crime trial, did not allege any improper conduct by trump when she met him at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

Also said she had competed in the 1998 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant, an event associated with Trump.

this is a clown a show, where the hell do parties find these people.

that's a ******* joke.
She's also getting roasted in the twitter comments.
Her first time speaking in 3 years and its something that's not relevant and expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back