Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There are bigger people trafficking networks in the west.

That one was just high profile and exclusive to the toffs.

People, mostly women, get trafficked to work in brothels all over the place, even here.

andana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
(Reuters) - The chief executives of major U.S. passenger and cargo carriers on Monday warned of an impending "catastrophic" aviation crisis in less than 36 hours, when AT&T (T.N) and Verizon (VZ.N) are set to deploy new 5G service.

The airlines warned the new C-Band 5G service set to begin on Wednesday could render a significant number of widebody aircraft unusable, "could potentially strand tens of thousands of Americans overseas" and cause "chaos" for U.S. flights.

"Unless our major hubs are cleared to fly, the vast majority of the traveling and shipping public will essentially be grounded," wrote the chief executives of American Airlines (AAL.O), Delta Air Lines (DAL.N), United Airlines , Southwest Airlines (LUV.N) and others in a letter first reported by Reuters.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has warned that potential interference could affect sensitive airplane instr uments such as altimeters and significantly hamper low-visibility operations.

British Airways opted to switch aircraft on some flights to Los Angeles to an Airbus A380 from the usual Boeing 777 service, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

That entails pre-positioning a flight crew in Los Angeles to fly the Airbus superjumbo back to London on the return leg.

krakouers

#Nepotism
Sep 13, 2011
People's Independent Republic of Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Claremont
You can gift someone a platinum membership
I think Chief wants a new boat
This has opened a whole new can of worms....

1642558023639.png

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you're gonna watch this then watch it carefully and all the way thru. Its mental.

Val Keating

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just decided that I don't think we've ever had a better or more timely or more important AotY than Grace Tame. Whoever it is this year has massive shoes to fill.

She’s incredible. Can’t even fathom how hard it would be to go through what she went through and be so public about it. Gives me anxiety just thinking about it.

AnEmptyChair

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
She’s incredible. Can’t even fathom how hard it would be to go through what she went through and be so public about it. Gives me anxiety just thinking about it.
Yep, she shows so much wit and humour and (sorry) grace with everything she does. A remarkable human being. What's important too is that she hasn't let the position affect her in calling out issues and holding power to account over the last year.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just decided that I don't think we've ever had a better or more timely or more important AotY than Grace Tame. Whoever it is this year haThe most worthy, brave, incredible [insert superlative here] person to ‘grace’ us with her award.
_
The most worthy, brave, incredible [insert superlative here] person to ‘grace’ us with the award. And I say this after feeling the same about Rosie Battie and her advocacy.

These women are an inspiration, whose bravery and commitment is equal to anyone that has lived in this country.

LuvtheKangas

Premium Platinum
Mar 11, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sad. Brilliant rock star who slightly tarnished his reputation with the GF debacle but was already way in front with the legendary role of Robert Paulson in addition to the huge catalogue of hit songs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watching a documentary where they continuously commenting on how the great Wall of China is such an epic project and completed in 70 years....

Pppffft, its hardly such a difficult task and not like building a rail link to Tullamarine!....
:sternlook

Lomas

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just decided that I don't think we've ever had a better or more timely or more important AotY than Grace Tame. Whoever it is this year has massive shoes to fill.
Unfortunately o think they will go with a safer Scomo option this year.
‘How good’s the Queen?!’

Val Keating

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is it just me or did the left used to protest against things like Davos and the world economic forum but now it’s the right?

AnEmptyChair

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone here ever read House of Leaves by Danielewski? I've been aware of it for ages and I'm now considering picking it up, but I don't know if it's worth the fairly heft price tag.

Ligma

Poohead
Suspended
Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tell me why parents literally act like WAP is the most disgusting song on the whole planet but will listen to baby got back?? Like Miss girl come on.

ANYWAYS THROW BACK TO THE HOTTEST 100 WHEN I BLASTED WAP HEHEHEHHEHE

Val Keating

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tell me why parents literally act like WAP is the most disgusting song on the whole planet but will listen to baby got back?? Like Miss girl come on.

ANYWAYS THROW BACK TO THE HOTTEST 100 WHEN I BLASTED WAP HEHEHEHHEHE

The reaction to that is nothing compared to what 2 Live Crew, NWA and Ice T went through. Without 2 Live crew in particular we wouldn’t have any of that music. They literally had to fight the US government to play their music and won the case. Pretty crazy story, would make an awesome movie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad