Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Netflix is an interesting one, ever wonder why someone who was national security adviser now sits on the board?

Intersection of soft and hard power..
Hmmmm interesting.
That explains why I get that feeling when flicking through the Netflix library of documentaries.
That's it's deliberately focused to one side in its representation of content.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now THIS IS racism (a negative assumption based upon skin color)
How is that a negative assumption. its a pretty obvious one, obviously.

....remember how context is worth 80 IQ points?

If you are woke you are a poor black person in the US who understands the structural oppression you will be/have been dealing with for your whole life.

Everything else is white people talking sh*t.

So this is a skin colour thing.
I see you learn something everyday.

Yes it fu**en well is and its pretty obvious from your complete ignorance of that, and everything it entails, what your skin colour is.

Yours is around 30 right now.

They are the same thing, denying is stupid, ‘woke’ is to do with racism…

No, they're not.

Racism is an actual phenomena that deals with the prejudice of people based upon skin color/culture.

Wokeism is the embellishment of a series of past historical causes for personal political, professional or social currency.

If you think that's not the case, then we are referring to two different things as we see them.

Last edited:
If you don't understand that i'll rephrase it.

He doesn't know what he is talking about because he is white.

That's a fact of life. Deal with it.

Its not racist, its an accurate summary of his life experience. How could he know, he's never been exposed to that actual form of consciousness.

Royal Flush - you ever read stuff by Iceberg Slim? I'm guessing no.

What's annoying is that even tho you don't know what you are talking about you are acting like you do.

Specifically,

You doesn't know that "woke" or "being awake" has been used by Black Americans for 150 years to refer to their situation and the oppression they suffer.

So you reckon it means something else cos you first heard it 2 or 3 years ago. And you think you have every right to go on as if thats the only thing it means. Cos you reckons that is your privilege.

So you have a particular skin pigmentation type and this makes you credible over everyone else?

I can state that I am made up of a complexity of "racial" genetic types spanning over the course of time, most likely originating from Africa via Europe, and I would be interested to know ferball's makeup regarding this, and how he came to take the political position he does now.

For example, if a person was 85% Caucasian and 15% Asian, and took a political position with Asians historically being victimized by Caucasians, then how do they sincerely address their own makeup when assigning historical guilt?

It's the sort of question that usually results in a tantrum and claims of being racist for even asking it (by idiots), but it's a very valid question all the same.

Netflix is an interesting one, ever wondered why someone who was national security adviser now sits on the board?

Intersection of soft and hard power..
All US media is owned by US intelligence. That's my default position even tho it sounds a bit conspiracy theoryish.

But that doesn't mean they control every single aspect of it.

Its a small part of a culture they try hard to Control.

Against the forces of Kaos.

:cool:

So you have a particular skin pigmentation type and this makes you credible over everyone else?

No, but lived experience does. And people with a particular skin pigmentation are more likely to have lived experiences of racism than those who have another pigment.

Wokeism is the embellishment of a series of past historical causes for personal political, professional or social currency.
Examples?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are now acknowledging that wokeism is manufactured & designed to further empower the political machine (i.e. statism/buraeucracy)?

Well **** me, haven't YOU turned full circle. I expect you to be labelled a conservative by 4:00 this afternoon.

You strike me as a man who is waking up from a very deep slumber.

I've always said that wokeism as you define it is manufactured.

I've always said it has been manufactured to further the capitalist right wing politics that prevails in the Anglosphere in which we live.

I've always said it is used as a tool to divide people - like you and me - who actually have the same general beliefs and aims in life.

Where we differ is when you apply your definition of "wokesim" to stuff like a footy club having a W team, or a footy player being in a mural.

No, they're not.

Racism is an actually phenomena that deals with the prejudice of people based upon skin color/culture.

If you think that's not the case, then we are referring to two different things as we see them.
you are using an old historical term that’s been co’oped into something else.
The historical term, with real consequences, is being abused, turning it into a plaything for politicians.

For instance try telling a Brit ‘war of the roses’ is an American comedy..

you can tell them all about Micheal Douglas and they’ll rightfully laugh, trying to explain it was a civil war fought.. and round and round in circles you’ll go for hours.

Last edited:
No, but lived experience does. And people with a particular skin pigmentation are more likely to have lived experiences of racism than those who have another pigment.

Examples?
Yes probably. That generic statement while factually accurate literally, does not have weight in this discussion.

You assume lived experience.
What do you know about my lived experience? Nothing.
You know why? Because I'm not stupid enough to put it on the internet and my arguments don't rely on on tokenism

Besides anyone can claim anything on the internet.

Is that the latest smear on Ed?
I bet he was recruited at community college.. time to look at defunding colleges.

Dude, come on, he's the most obvious agent in history.

How the * do you think he ended up in Russia lobbing grenades like this ffs.

I've always said that wokeism as you define it is manufactured.
The way he defines it it isn't a real thing.

Its propaganda.

A key element of what would be real wokeism is a critique of the prison industrial complex. Its modern slavery. Since the civil rights movement ended the era of mass incarceration began and the war on drugs drove it.

Snake is trying to pretend this doesn't exist. That's it all the invention of bureaucratic white middle class academics who go on about simply to feather their own nests.

If you trace back the origin of this particular form of propaganda he keeps promoting you're gonna find its the people who profit from modern slavery and the prison industrial complex.

This working class hero in his RM Williams boots wants to take attention away from the fact that undermines an entire population of working people. Not only does it criminalise people and make them slaves it destroys the lower income working class. Why pay people wages when they can pay prisons less than wages to get the same work done?

I've got a mate in jail right now (white but that's not really relevant) in a privately owned prison. He plants trees and gets paid 35 bucks a week. 20 - 25 years ago I was getting hundreds of dollars a day to plant trees. 20 or 30 times what he gets. (We were gun crews tho and would plant thousands of trees a day each - we were paid by the tree. I doubt they work that hard. I wouldn't in his position.)

Ultimately this is the sort of thing Tef is supporting with his garbage about wokeism.

People working in jail for as much money per week as I'd get in a couple of hours at most doing the same thing.

Yes probably. That generic statement while factually accurate literally, does not have weight in this discussion.

You assume lived experience.
What do you know about my lived experience? Nothing.
You know why? Because I'm not stupid enough to put it on the internet and my arguments don't rely on on tokenism

* off.

You're trying to pretend woke people is something other than what it is.

I can state that I am made up of a complexity of "racial" genetic types spanning over the course of time, most likely originating from Africa via Europe, and I would be interested to know ferball's makeup regarding this, and how he came to take the political position he does now.

For example, if a person was 85% Caucasian and 15% Asian, and took a political position with Asians historically being victimized by Caucasians, then how do they sincerely address their own makeup when assigning historical guilt?

It's the sort of question that usually results in a tantrum and claims of being racist for even asking it (by idiots), but it's a very valid question all the same.
You'd think he grew up in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back