Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologise for some over the top negativity these last few days.

In addition to Dad being very unwell, I also got bad news regarding my disability. (I'm recently out of a wheelchair after 3 months)

I'll work harder to not let it affect my posting in future and get back to being more positive.

Go North.

Lloyd

I’ve posted a few times about my son and his situation and what he’s been through so far in his (almost) 9 months. Don’t know if I’m boring people or if this isn’t the right forum for it, but for those who care: we took out his feeding tube yesterday. He’s had it in for almost 7 months, and it’s been tough on him, from the irritated skin, to the tube annoying the back of his throat, to him deciding at 3am to pull it out, it’s been pretty bad. But all of a sudden he decided milk isn’t so bad after all, and he wants to start drinking it. So the past month has been about coaxing him to drink more and more, and have smaller top ups through the tube. And yesterday he pulled it out (usually an obnoxious thing to do haha) and we got permission from the dietician to leave it out and see how he copes without it. A really big milestone for us, and I thought there might be a few people on here who’d like to hear the update.
8CEA6CCA-9301-4E25-9FA5-CE7A60601369.jpeg

I’ve posted a few times about my son and his situation and what he’s been through so far in his (almost) 9 months. Don’t know if I’m boring people or if this isn’t the right forum for it, but for those who care: we took out his feeding tube yesterday. He’s had it in for almost 7 months, and it’s been tough on him, from the irritated skin, to the tube annoying the back of his throat, to him deciding at 3am to pull it out, it’s been pretty bad. But all of a sudden he decided milk isn’t so bad after all, and he wants to start drinking it. So the past month has been about coaxing him to drink more and more, and have smaller top ups through the tube. And yesterday he pulled it out (usually an obnoxious thing to do haha) and we got permission from the dietician to leave it out and see how he copes without it. A really big milestone for us, and I thought there might be a few people on here who’d like to hear the update.
View attachment 1425656

Bless. My oldest had to be fed through a tube for a while. He looks healthy as a ox mate, he’ll be giving you lip before you know it

View attachment 1425656
Love it mate. Really happy for you. Keep us updated please

View attachment 1425656

Fantastic mate. A positive step and hopefully the first of many more to come.

gotta go watch the grand daughter play in the junior girls rep side tonight, then i was asked if i wanted to do the timekeeping, passed on that,
Always a hard pass.

Always a hard pass.
dont mind so much when i know the ground but havnt been to the newborough ground for about 35 years, dont even know if the timekeepers box has a heater, also being a juniors game no alcohol however if i stay in the car i can prolly have a couple of 4 pines mid strenths without drawing any attention.

View attachment 1425656
Fantastic news.

Hopefully he'll thrive.

View attachment 1425656
Not boring anyone. Love the updates and reading the positive steps forward!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont mind so much when i know the ground but havnt been to the newborough ground for about 35 years, dont even know if the timekeepers box has a heater, also being a juniors game no alcohol however if i stay in the car i can prolly have a couple of 4 pines mid strenths without drawing any attention.
I used to watch my nephew play juniors at Yarraville... always made sure I had a few ahem Diet Cokes on hand

Ordered one of the Tesla model Ys that have just been released downunder, anyone else get on? One week after the release and they’ve upped the price by nearly $4k

Sausage for him?

No, but maybe next time as he's been very sick - - Terry had a seizure just before Christmas, lost the plot completely and tried to jump our picket fence......(130 stitches later as he landed on it (legit)) so have to be careful mate

Has anyone ever been to Vegas?

I haven't but for whatever reason this channel's recent posts popped up on my youtube feed.

I'll post the latest one.

I almost posted it on the Devil's Chessboard thread cos the potential implications of this are insane.

My 3 and 5 year olds were carrying on like little campaigners this afternoon (nothing new there) so I took them to the park for a good old fashioned contested footy session. They donned their metaphorical mouthguards and went at it for the best part of an hour. It would be fair to say that they smacked the living snot out of each other and f***ing loved every minute of it. We only stopped when it got too dark to see the ball.

Will be a standard part of our weekends from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back