Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its about an old Communist revolutionary (technically called an "OLd Bolsheviek") on trial during one of Stalin's purges.

It covers his interrogations and hearing with an old comrade sent to bust him and a new young zealot with no qualms about killing him.

It touches on this quite well:

People that think they’re doing something for the greater good are capable of extreme evil because they can tell themselves that they’re serving a greater purpose.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
its tuesday here still:
today is my friend Chloe son's 6th birhtday.
from back in 2019:
CHLOE (2019).jpg

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As i'm off work and in and out of hospital, I met a guy at "breakfast time". It's where you go in the Psych wards as best meals of the day!

He is Gay, and we chatted for hours and full credit to him. Good looking guy in ward purely due to his sexual preferences and not coping with "coming out".

Unacceptable.

He said his family might not accept him back which I think is an absolute disgrace.

Just my thoughts.

MLC

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As i'm off work and in and out of hospital, I met a guy at "breakfast time". It's where you go in the Psych wards as best meals of the day!

He is Gay, and we chatted for hours and full credit to him. Good looking guy in ward purely due to his sexual preferences and not coping with "coming out".

Unacceptable.

He said his family might not accept him back which I think is an absolute disgrace.

Just my thoughts.

MLC

When I was in the mental health ward about 12 months ago, one of the nurses (who was clearly gay), about 60 Y/O told me that back when he first started families would drop off their son because they were gay, zero mental health concerns, but the hospital would give them so much medication that they ended up mentally ill. “And the meds back then weren’t as refined as they are now so they’d spend the whole time looking like they were very unwell but they weren’t when they came in”.

That’s not long ago in the scheme of things. My PTSD didn’t kick in till my life settled down and everything was going perfect, then whooshka, my brain goes, nah * you, cop this.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Unacceptable.

Just my thoughts.

MLC
People just seem to be infatuated with other peoples buisness, from godbotherers to rubbish as trivial as people reading rumour mags or even faux celebs like the car dash mob. Pretty sad really.

Sep 14, 2014
Robe SA
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Unacceptable.

Just my thoughts.

MLC
Eternally grateful to my family and friends for accepting my coming out back in 1998 The Year That Shalt Not Be Named.
Unfortunately it wasn’t the case for a lot of my friends, even for some today.

guys I need some help, I’m looking to replace my crusty 2015 MacBook Air with the MacBook Air M1 version

But idk if I should buy now (on Saturday) or wait till end of the year

guys I need some help, I’m looking to replace my crusty 2015 MacBook Air with the MacBook Air M1 version

Apple rarely discount. Your best bet for a deal though is Black Friday/Cyber Monday and hope that someone like JB has some specials.

Also keep an eye on Ozbargain for any deals that may pop up.

Apple rarely discount. Your best bet for a deal though is Black Friday/Cyber Monday and hope that someone like JB has some specials.

Also keep an eye on Ozbargain for any deals that may pop up.
I’m not talking about discount even though I’ll be buying through their education system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a reason you specifically need a Mac?

Having been heavily in the Apple eco system, big fan of my Microsoft Surface. Depends on use though, and if you're getting Edu discount then it's a no brainer.

Used to visit this site a lot back in the day (gee I feel old....)

Having been heavily in the Apple eco system, big fan of my Microsoft Surface. Depends on use though, and if you're getting Edu discount then it's a no brainer.

I just prefer using a MacBook for uni + i can screen share with my iPad so that I have 2 screens which will make it easier.

My MacBook battery is shocking and it’s slow asf lol

I use a Microsoft Surface for work and have found the battery life to be awful compared to previous notebooks (Dell, HP) that I have used.

Themanbun

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Somehow got tricked into clicking a malicious link on my android. I backed out before the link loaded whatever it was going to load, but still extremely concerned. I removed all my money related apps straight away, put blocks on my bank accounts, and did a factory reset on the phone. Not sure if that's enough to hedge my bets or not, but huge pain in the ass either way.

Man's turning 50 ahead of his time.

I use a Microsoft Surface for work and have found the battery life to be awful compared to previous notebooks (Dell, HP) that I have used.

Yeah it's garbage battery life was but like the versatility for taking notes with the MS Pen and most work stuff (and study when I had time) sat well with the MS eco system (Teams/Office/One Drive etc.)

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
its tuesday here still:
today is my friend Chloe son's 6th birhtday.
from back in 2019:
View attachment 1464397
i won't get into much detail here (her son was abused by someone) but please say a little prayer both of them tonight (let me just say they are both ok)

Last edited:
i won't get into much detail here (her son was abused by someone) but please say a little prayer both of them tonight (let me just say they are both ok)
Glad to hear that they are both OK. There is a special place in Hell for people that do this stuff. The lowest form of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back