Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had to replace the battery in the family truckster and it cost $440. FMD.

To put this in context, the first car I bought cost me $800 ($50 of which went to the local mechanic to "facilitate" the issuing of a Road Worthy Certificate).

I just had to replace the battery in the family truckster and it cost $440. FMD.

To put this in context, the first car I bought cost me $800 ($50 of which went to the local mechanic to "facilitate" the issuing of a Road Worthy Certificate).

Vacation_039Pyxurz-1368x770.jpg

FYI Optus customers

Interesting that I have to received any communications from Optus at all. Only know what is in the media. You would think Optus might actually tell their customers.

Anyone travelled south africa? In the process of planning a trip there in Feb-Mar . I'd appreciate any advice/tips/recommendations. Thanks
Was last there in 06, been 3 times. I love the place. Capetown lovely city especialy down the waterfront, be carefull however, especialy in jberg, on posative note look out for the Dros chain of restraunts, huge meals and very reasonably priced, all the different flavoured biltongs availabe at servos,, nice beers with a few german ones brewed under licence. I beleave thd rand is still something like 10c ro the aussie. Garden route is lovely from durban down yo capetown, can swim eith charks along the wssy at shark alley.

I have already had a couple of dubious WhatsApp messages

No communication from Optus and no dubious messages either.

Just renewed contracts with two new iPhones for mrs blackshadow and me and had to supply ID information in store.

No communication from Optus and no dubious messages either.

Just renewed contracts with two new iPhones for mrs blackshadow and me and had to supply ID information in store.

TBF I often get spam/phishing texts. They have warned Optus customers that to be very careful in the coming months of messages and emails.

TBF I often get spam/phishing texts. They have warned Optus customers that to be very careful in the coming months of messages and emails.

I get them all the time and phone calls.

My workplace even sends out phishing emails to make sure people handle phishing attacks properly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get them all the time and phone calls.

My workplace even sends out phishing emails to make sure people handle phishing attacks properly.

I have my own business so I get so much cold calling and spamming is ridiculous. The problem is now they use mobile numbers so I have to answer because it could be a job.

I use prepaid and sometimes don't top it up for months since I basically only use my phone to receive work shift info, and sometimes web stuff from my wifi if I am in bed. Hopefully minimal affect.

I’m with Telstra but was with Optus a few years ago.
The fact the government makes the telcos hold onto customer details for 7 years is f*****.

We are so backwards here in Australia.

How do you trust a telco to not slip up as seen by the brain who clicked the wrong button and caused this mess. Class action is on the way. Will cost them millions.

The following is a quote from one of the scientists overseeing the crashing of a satellite into an asteroid:

"There’s no danger in this whatsoever,” said Prof Colin Snodgrass, an astronomer and member of the Dart mission science team at Edinburgh University.

Hmmm smacks of 'famous last words' 🤔

So a bloke gets fined 950 bucks for operating a motorised esky up a dirt track out in lake eildon when a woman illegally enters a farm and steals an animal gets of with a warning.

What wonderfully balanced legal system we have here in Victoria.

Watching Bali on Stan, not sure they could have picked two people who look less like Jase McCartney and Mick Martyn if they tried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back