Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I wrote above, the more I learn the less I know. My only reference pre extreme tension is a story my great aunt told me about traveling through Afghanistan way back in the day (before she became a nun funny enough) about how much fun Afghanistan was. Spose there could also be ties the Saudi’s and Wahhabism extremists and the deal made by the Saudi royal family after the siege of Mecca.

Complicated as fu**
I know a few old hippies who loved Afghanistan. Mostly for the hash I guess.

Photos are worth 1000s of words.

Bit wet down your way SpiderBurton22 ?

Your family must also be copping a bit of rain Horace

I saw some video taken at the 12 Apostles today. It looked a bit rough.

Yeah a shitload. The big killer though was the 50km winds straight off the ocean. Think the temp got to 12 but felt like 2.

Yeah a shitload. The big killer though was the 50km winds straight off the ocean. Think the temp got to 12 but felt like 2.
And just like that, a 12 Apostles question on hard quiz tonight.

Speaking about winds blowing straight off Bass Strait... you would have loved playing footy at Princetown on a day like today.

And just like that, a 12 Apostles question on hard quiz tonight.

Speaking about winds blowing straight off Bass Strait... you would have loved playing footy at Princetown on a day like today.

I just saw the video. A waterfall going up the cliffs, amazing. That's as rough as I've seen it for a long time.

Was meant to be heading to Apollo Bay along that road today, but had a funeral to go so missed out on the action.

I just saw the video. A waterfall going up the cliffs, amazing. That's as rough as I've seen it for a long time.

Was meant to be heading to Apollo Bay along that road today, but had a funeral to go so missed out on the action.
That’s the video.

Sorry to hear about your having lost somebody.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is this video?

Cheers. I don't do facebook.

That is incredible. I showed my kids. "Can we go there?"

There were times the water looks like when thousands of starlings fly around in formations and patterns (a murmuration.) That wind would be wild I bet. It even looks like its blowing that waterfall behind him away and stopping it from hitting the ground.

There were times the water looks like when thousands of starlings fly around in formations and patterns (a murmuration.) That wind would be wild I bet. It even looks like its blowing that waterfall behind him away and stopping it from hitting the ground.
One time when played footy against Port Campbell as U17s, after our game about a dozen of us did a cliff face walk which was dangerous enough any time but a storm hit. We were too s**t scared to move and eventually we found some steps that had been carved into the cliff face so we got to the top. We were soaked through and it would have been about 5pm. Had to get a farmer to run us back to town on his truck. Parents and cops were searching. It was one of the only times me and my brother actually got a serious kick up the clacker from our father.

A year or so earlier a Port Campbell player died when the cliff face gave way. A lad from a local family at Port.

And. People don’t jump on dodgy boats anymore and aren’t dying by the hundreds anymore. We are still taking in thousands of refugees every year (should be a lot more).

Look, I’m not defending detention as it is crude and is effectively cold and inhumane, but I’m also glad people aren’t jumping on dodgy boats and dying by the hundreds.

People do still try and get here, far lower numbers sure, but we don't hear about the "on water" matters.

It's a great spot and every time you go past there you get different conditions.

Thick sea mists on a summers day, beautiful flat blue seas, rolling waves and my favourite is Arctic weather like today's. It reminds you why they call it The Shipwreck Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back