Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's awesome.

And exactly right.

If someone fu**s up while working for you its your fault. You have to own it and fix it before you go home.

A real trick to leadership is getting people to think its their idea when they are doing what you want them too.

And he’s legit. He’s not some Tony Robbins type guy. He’s a navy seal that practices extreme ownership.

The people that stormed the capital were lucky Jocko is now just a break glass in case of emergency type guy, though I’m sure the elite military are filled with guys just like him. Love his podcasts, especially the ones where he interviews old Viet Nam warriors.

Lacking motivation? Watch his clip “good”

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's an interesting point, I think beauty standards have become much more accepting of different sizes. I remember hairy bushes and tan lines being the thing before waif's came in through the 90's. Now everyone wants a big booty. The grooming seems to be across both sexes these days. I suspect it will all go full circle eventually.

Can only get a nice big booty by doing squats and that’s a good thing

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Hey Snake_Baker I just wanted to follow up on the invitation on a 1 on 1 picnic

1623495538772.png

Give me a " haunted house " a cemetery whatever you like. I'll get a good night's sleep.
One entirely foggy night a few years ago, was walking my farm, had a nose to nose experience with one of my alpacas. Scared the cr@p out of me. Obviously not a ghost, but was around the same time as Game of Thrones and 1 of their White Walkers. Instant profanity. Poxy alpaca.

Hmm I've never experienced stuff being localised geographically but some places I've experienced it more than others. My hunch is these things are more attached to people than places.
Its definitely a bit of both.

One entirely foggy night a few years ago, was walking my farm, had a nose to nose experience with one of my alpacas. Scared the cr@p out of me. Obviously not a ghost, but was around the same time as Game of Thrones and 1 of their White Walkers. Instant profanity. Poxy alpaca.
One night we'd just come back from Melbourne, and my missus was out visiting her olds or something. Or maybe working night shift in the ply mill cause we'd pushed our holiday as far as we could.

Anyway there is a big tropical storm happening and then what sounds like a car accident down on the road. So I drag myself out into the rain. Its dark, can't see jack, except vague outlines and sure enough there is a car off the road on the corner below the old place. Someone else has pulled up next to it and they drive off as I walked down the driveway to the road. I'm trying to establish the mood here ... it was literally a dark and stormy night.

So I walked over to the car, obviously no one is seriously ****ed up cos the other vehicle drove off. But they probably want a roof for the night and a chance to relax, lick their wounds and what have you, maybe make a phone call (no mobile reception up there back in those days).

I saw the silhouette of someone shuffling toward me, obviously a little worse for wear and was about to shout some sort of hello when behind this massive lightning strike lit them up like daylight.

Jesus its a *en zombie!!!

The guy is literally white cos all the blood has rushed from his head except what is dripping from a massive gash on his forehead above his eye and he can't walk properly cos he has hurt his knee.

It was all cool but for one split second I was out there on a road in the middle of nowhere, in a storm, with a *en zombie shuffling toward me and I was thinking "Wtf is going on here?!"

:oops::eek::eek:

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Adam Bandt making the point on Insiders that the US President and UK Prime Minister's policy on climate is exactly what the Greens have been saying for a decade.

Adam Bandt making the point on Insiders that the US President and UK Prime Minister's policy on climate is exactly what the Greens have been saying for a decade.
The UK's approach is one to study, as they are relying a lot on market-based solutions rather than a mix-match of public subsidies/private investment like most countries. Not sure it will work as I think it is better to have the best of both worlds, so to speak. The mix-match of nuclear and other technologies is also interesting.

• The UK generates about 20% of its electricity from nuclear, but almost half of current capacity is to be retired by 2025.
  • Coal-powered stations to be shut down by 2025.
  • The UK has implemented a thorough assessment process for new reactor designs and their siting.
  • The UK has privatized power generation and liberalized its electricity market, which together make major capital investments problematic.
  • Construction has commenced on the first of a new generation of nuclear plants. Chinese investment and collaboration is present. The China energy links is something that can become relevant to Australia rather quickly.

Last edited:
Doubt it'll happen in Australia anytime soon.

A consortium led by Rolls-Royce has announced plans to build up to 16 mini-nuclear plants, referred to as “small modular reactors” (SMR). Rolls-Royce and its partners argue that instead of building nuclear mega-projects, the UK should construct a series of smaller nuclear plants from “modules” made in factories.

The goal is to redesign nuclear power plants into a very high-tech prefabricated kit, in which components are broken down into a series of modules that would be made in a factory and then shipped by road to the site for assembly.

The consortium argues their approach will overcome the biggest problem nuclear power faces, which is the exorbitant cost. The reason it is so expensive to build large nuclear plants is that the projects are huge and complex and must meet very high safety standards. Each SMR plant would produce 440 megawatts of electricity, enough to power a city, at a cost of around £2 billion each. To provide context, the Hinkley Point C will produce 3,200 megawatts at a cost exceeding £20 billion.

One of the other benefits put forth by the Rolls Royce consortium is, their new approach is to make them smaller and make lots of them so that we get really good at it. They argue that because so few new nuclear power stations are actually built, there are very few opportunities to learn from mistakes. Mistakes, which have devastating and long lasting effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back