Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No time for regrets in your late 20's, the world is your oyster man. Trust me on that.
agreed, 28 to 32 traveling were prolly my best years, sure lies still pretty good atm ( covid aside) but those days were a roller coaster, 3 octoberfests, carnival of culture in berlin, ios/greek islands 3 times and the running of the bulls, even had hair back then :) . ( all though the fringe was giving a pretty good hint of things to come)
1626692979727.png

Last edited:
Well, you gave me your number, what was I supposed to do with it?
Sheesh…. :p
LMFAO shut up, I did no such thing, I only gave you advice for your butt warts to get them checked out

Yeah, I can imagine.

There's some free advice from some old(er) anonymous dudes on a random footy forum, sachx. Beware the ******* creeps.
I am well well well aware now, I’ve strayed away from some people👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
agreed, 28 to 32 traveling were prolly my best years, sure lies still pretty good atm ( covid aside) but those days were a roller coaster, 3 octoberfests, carnival of culture in berlin, ios/greek islands 3 times and the running of the bulls,

Yep took off at 22 at returned home a seasoned veteran at 26, best years of my life travelling the world, the less wealthy the country the nicer the people.

Saw Sting perform here...

( will never forget it)

1626693217916.png

But it was the walk there that blew my tiny mind

1626693292240.png

Oh and don't try lifting the marble slabs looking for gold coins that may have fallen out of some rich pricks pocket, frowned upon. Just sayin

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One of the best days I had (aside from my wedding day) was renting an ATV on Naxos, visited a few old temples, a fully functioning city carved into the marble in a mountainside, and various other villages, churches and beaches scattered throughout the hills. Came back after a long day and our hotel owner had a bunch of home made wine loaded up for my wife and I to drink on the patio. The Parthenon and major sites are cool but just cruising around at your leisure is incomparable.

That or in a heated outdoor pool in the middle of the winter in Romania, that was pretty cool. Bulgaria also has some really nice spots.

Two things that can't compare in Aus: euro summer nights at 10pm on the terraces, and winter Christmas. We do have a beautiful and unique country though.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep took off at 22 at returned home a seasoned veteran at 26, best years of my life travelling the world, the less wealthy the country the nicer the people.

Saw Sting perform here...

( will never forget it)

View attachment 1181676

But it was the walk there that blew my tiny mind

View attachment 1181679

Oh and don't try lifting the marble slabs looking for gold coins that may have fallen out of some rich pricks pocket, frowned upon. Just sayin
great shots TAO. prolly on a film camera as well.

I can only talk about the University of Newcastle as I studied externally at Macquarie. We had three pubs on campus and one was styled like an old school pub with big booths. It used to open at 10 and used to serve schooners with a nice big plate of chips and schnitzel for $10. Went down fantastic after a two hour lecture at 8 am.

But probably had two favourite parts about uni. One was the fb page of pictures of random people falling sleep around the uni.

The second best part about uni was a bloke working in the archives, who was an extremely extravagant dressed older bloke with a cane and an old pocket watch, titled the Dapper Gentleman. He had fb pages and news articles written about him. Sightings were treated like the Loch Ness Monster.

9A7289E2-3245-4132-B813-09B4D742C023.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
great shots TAO. prolly on a film camera as well.

Nah goggle man lol all my pics are upstairs, how do you cut out an ex wife? 😂.

when in Turkey I had a shortwave radio and would pick up match on the day ABC, was *93 and the year McAdam went nuts, regret missing that. North were on quite a bit. Gee that radio covered some distance.

In the end it was held together by tape and had wires and s**t hanging out. And we flew out of Ankara and they checked my stuff and pulled it out and went ahaha!! "bomb"? I said no- radio, "ok" and I said no you shouldn't believe me so easily, was a paranoid flight I can tell you.

* 93 wasn't a great time to be in that neck of the woods.

One of the best days I had (aside from my wedding day) was renting an ATV on Naxos, visited a few old temples, a fully functioning city carved into the marble in a mountainside, and various other villages, churches and beaches scattered throughout the hills. Came back after a long day and our hotel owner had a bunch of home made wine loaded up for my wife and I to drink on the patio. The Parthenon and major sites are cool but just cruising around at your leisure is incomparable.

That or in a heated outdoor pool in the middle of the winter in Romania, that was pretty cool. Bulgaria also has some really nice spots.

Two things that can't compare in Aus: euro summer nights at 10pm on the terraces, and winter Christmas. We do have a beautiful and unique country though.
On a different channel, a 4 week holiday in the Swedish town of Enkoping, June/July 1994. Hottest summer on record, Sweden came 3rd in the World Cup, knocking about with 3 fellas in a band. Best holiday ever. International athletics in Stockholm including the awesome Sergei Bubka, our very own Louise McPaul, the gorgeous Old Town of Stockholm, the Vasa museum, the very grand Karl Gustaf and the wonderous friendliness of your very stereotypical Swedish woman. Not everybodys cup of tea, but then, not everybody drinks tea :cool:

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

stayed here for 2 and a half weeks, awesome place, and was ridiculously cheap in 2000.

Nah goggle man lol all my pics are upstairs, how do you cut out an ex wife? 😂.

when in Turkey I had a shortwave radio and would pick up match on the day ABC, was *93 and the year McAdam went nuts, regret missing that. North were on quite a bit. Gee that radio covered some distance.

In the end it was held together by tape and had wires and sh*t hanging out. And we flew out of Ankara and they checked my stuff and pulled it out and went ahaha!! "bomb"? I said no- radio, "ok" and I said no you shouldn't believe me so easily, was a paranoid flight I can tell you.

* 93 wasn't a great time to be in that neck of the woods.
Was leaving Israel in 93, don't even ask why I was there, bumped into an Irish fella I knew, all beaten up, black eye, arm in a sling, gashed cheek. He'd been held at the airport 3 days - wouldn't let him on a plane, security risk. I wasn't allowed to fly out either as I knew him. A lovely young lady whom I had frequented showed up and after a final "search" we were all to board the same London bound plane. Waiting in the departure lounge, the Israeli Tourism bureau gave us a form to fill in about our stay. I didn't even bother knicking their pen. Cnuts.

Years ago. Uni life is so good.
This is the correct take.
agreed, 28 to 32 traveling were prolly my best years, sure lies still pretty good atm ( covid aside) but those days were a roller coaster, 3 octoberfests, carnival of culture in berlin, ios/greek islands 3 times and the running of the bulls, even had hair back then :) . ( all though the fringe was giving a pretty good hint of things to come) View attachment 1181674
Just got you covered - I've done 11. I'll have to try and dig up some photos wearing my Lederhosen and North socks. Always a winning combo.

One of the more random events I attended was Õllesummer (Beer Summer) in Tallinn at the start of July when it was light until about 2am. The locals were going nuts. Went Bungy jumping from a crane but it would've been ok if the cord broke as the gym mats on the ground under the crane were at least 5cms thick.

That wasn't even the most dangerous thing I did that night - we ended up in the private beer garden of some heavily mobbed up Russians sinking Newcastle Brown Ale of all things. They wanted me and my mate to kick on with them to one of their night clubs to "meet ladies" but, seeing that Tallinn was in the middle of a well publicised mob war at the time, we politely declined. I wasn't keen on dying in a hail of gunfire in some dodgy Baltic clip joint.

Great times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back