Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the correct take.

Just got you covered - I've done 11. I'll have to try and dig up some photos wearing my Lederhosen and North socks. Always a winning combo.

One of the more random events I attended was Õllesummer (Beer Summer) in Tallinn at the start of July when it was light until about 2am. The locals were going nuts. Went Bungy jumping from a crane but it would've been ok if the cord broke as the gym mats on the ground under the crane were at least 5cms thick.

That wasn't even the most dangerous thing I did that night - we ended up in the private beer garden of some heavily mobbed up Russians sinking Newcastle Brown Ale of all things. They wanted me and my mate to kick on with them to one of their night clubs to "meet ladies" but, seeing that Tallinn was in the middle of a well publicised mob war at the time, we politely declined. I wasn't keen on dying in a hail of gunfire in some dodgy Baltic clip joint.

Great times.
Me and a mate were leaving Munich heading for Prague. Got convinced by the Munich train chick to go to a place called Plzen first. Booked the ticket, headed back to our tent at Thalkirchen, looked it up in our travel guide ..... "only go there if you're on a beer pilgrimage". The home of Pilsener lager. Jackpot 🙃

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why is Caro in one of the articles at the bottom of Bigfooty?

Screenshot_20210719-224314_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210719-224314_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210719-224314_Chrome.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 11

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It still kind of does except for the school kids who make the lines for food 10xs longer 😭

I really wanna live on campus but it’s like 350 a week!! But the new building is really nice
350 a week for those little dorms? That’s a small mortgage
cashing in on all the internationals and country kids that have to move in order to go to uni.

This is the correct take.

Just got you covered - I've done 11. I'll have to try and dig up some photos wearing my Lederhosen and North socks. Always a winning combo.

One of the more random events I attended was Õllesummer (Beer Summer) in Tallinn at the start of July when it was light until about 2am. The locals were going nuts. Went Bungy jumping from a crane but it would've been ok if the cord broke as the gym mats on the ground under the crane were at least 5cms thick.

That wasn't even the most dangerous thing I did that night - we ended up in the private beer garden of some heavily mobbed up Russians sinking Newcastle Brown Ale of all things. They wanted me and my mate to kick on with them to one of their night clubs to "meet ladies" but, seeing that Tallinn was in the middle of a well publicised mob war at the time, we politely declined. I wasn't keen on dying in a hail of gunfire in some dodgy Baltic clip joint.

Great times.
Old school Estonia would have been an interesting experience. Very jealous.

Hey Sash you should form a sporting goods company.
Yeah, I could see them competing with Sherrin.

If you're lucky, you might get one free voucher to Ligma Balls

Undertaking a huge personal project to map out Champion Data's API. This includes scoreworms, heatmaps, and extended stats. I get everything on a little dashboard for me to play with.

I've got the scoreworms working, and I have some ideas for heatmaps. I think there's some really sick AFL analytics that I'll be able do with it. Really fun to work on, but a serious amount of work goes into it.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Undertaking a huge personal project to map out Champion Data's API. This includes scoreworms, heatmaps, and extended stats. I get everything on a little dashboard for me to play with.

I've got the scoreworms working, and I have some ideas for heatmaps. I think there's some really sick AFL analytics that I'll be able do with it. Really fun to work on, but a serious amount of work goes into it.

****Ing awesome. Keep us updated.

Legend!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back