big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
So from the most popular voted president in history, to historic lows..
Neither of those things are true.

polls.JPG

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Neither of those things are true.

View attachment 1230542
what I’m referring to is his 80m votes, that would make him the highest vote getting president ever. Higher then Obama in the ‘yes we can era’ by 10m votes
And the latest polls
‘In a recent Washington Post/ABC News, he was at 36 percent approval among independents (and 44 percent overall). A new Economist/YouGov poll has him at 35 percent among independents (and 43 percent overall).’

which is a smashing in independent votes…

now which of these two are fictional?

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Newsom or Biden??
actually doesn’t really matter, she’s just about unelectable, after what Tulsi did on the debate stage.. the rest of the country saw what Cali already knew. it’ll be interesting to see the 2024 Democrat candidates. Biden surely can’t go around again, and I doubt the veep will have much popular support.

In saying that I doubt it’ll have much difference on the Newsom recall, as California is such a Democrat stronghold..

A good article explaining what I’m talking about.. they’re going to struggle to get budget up.. https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/09/08/the-real-biden-presidency-emerges-510728

Her

They use “pro-life” and “anti-abortion” to say that they are anti-women lol
Yeah there is that.

But they are also anti life, not "pro" it.

Pack of turds that lot. (This isn't all conservatives btw, just a particular variation.)

So I have an extreme fear of vomit and we just dropped off my mums auntie at home and her uncle was holding a bag to vomit and I was literally holding the door handle so hard to run incase he did and omg worst anxiety ever

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
what I’m referring to is his 80m votes, that would make him the highest vote getting president ever. Higher then Obama in the ‘yes we can era’ by 10m votes
And the latest polls
‘In a recent Washington Post/ABC News, he was at 36 percent approval among independents (and 44 percent overall). A new Economist/YouGov poll has him at 35 percent among independents (and 43 percent overall).’

which is a smashing in independent votes…

now which of these two are fictional?
It's unlike you to cherry pick stuff to make a bullshit argument.

Are we doing doing numbers or percentages?

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's unlike you to cherry pick stuff to make a bullshit argument.

Are we doing doing numbers or percentages?
Yeah mate, those three sentences I jotted down on a message board should’ve been peer reviewed.. you could’ve just asked for clarity..

what I wrote, the most popular voted pres, fact, to historic lows(extrapolated data where you can only work in percentages).. in context, he left Afghanistan, and not only leaves Americans behind, but hands over a list of them to the Taliban. that’s unforgivable to large percentage of the population, which ever poll you’re going to look at and it’s going to get worse..

Btw there’s another story there, Hunter Biden's investment fund, Bohai Harvest (BHR), owns stock in the world's largest manufacturer of electric vehicle lithium-ion batteries Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Limited (CATL)….

I wonder if the withdrawal lead to any Chinese/Afghan lithium mine partnerships?

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In the modern 24 hour news cycle, have stories stopped having an impact?

Think about all the crazy s**t that’s already gone down in the last couple of years and it just gets lost in the either of a contestant churn of news. Outside the 2 viruses, covid and Trump nothing has managed to stay a story for long. I mean the Ocean was on fire a few months ago an no one gives a * anymore. I know I’m guilty of it. I’ll jump on Twitter and be like “ok, what crazy s**t happened while I was asleep”? and see some outrageous injustice happening in some part of the world and think, jeez that’s terrible.…then I’ll see a whale riding a wave with some surfers and be like hey that’s cool. Probably show my kids.

Random thought for the random thoughts thread.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
After the debt limit was reinstated on August 1, Treasury began employing certain extraordinary measures to continue to finance the government on a temporary basis. These measures, which are authorized by law and have been used in previous debt limit impasses, include a suspension of certain investments in the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund, the Postal Service Retiree Health Benefits Fund, and the Government Securities Investment Fund of the Federal Employees’ Retirement System Thrift Savings Plan. Once all available measures and cash on hand are fully exhausted, the United States of America would be unable to meet its obligations for the first time in our history.

Given this uncertainty, the Treasury Department is not able to provide a specific estimate of how long the extraordinary measures will last. However, based on our best and most recent information, the most likely outcome is that cash and extraordinary measures will be exhausted during the month of October. We will continue to update Congress as more information becomes available.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In the modern 24 hour news cycle, have stories stopped having an impact?

Think about all the crazy sh*t that’s already gone down in the last couple of years and it just gets lost in the either of a contestant churn of news. Outside the 2 viruses, covid and Trump nothing has managed to stay a story for long. I mean the Ocean was on fire a few months ago an no one gives a fu** anymore. I know I’m guilty of it. I’ll jump on Twitter and be like “ok, what crazy sh*t happened while I was asleep”? and see some outrageous injustice happening in some part of the world and think, jeez that’s terrible.…then I’ll see a whale riding a wave with some surfers and be like hey that’s cool. Probably show my kids.

Random thought for the random thoughts thread.

Good call, I've noticed this too.

Never underestimate the human capacity for adaptation. I'm always surprised at how we are able to just, for the most part, take what the world throws at us and no longer be shocked by things that used to shock us.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Never underestimate the human capacity for adaptation. I'm always surprised at how we are able to just, for the most part, take what the world throws at us and no longer be shocked by things that used to shock us.

A good example is when we were kids, the adds about kids starving in Africa sandwiched between an add for Maccas and vacuum cleaners then the show comes back on and all’s forgotten, except maybe if your parents try and make you eat your veggies and throw the line “there’s kids starving in Africa and you won’t eat your peas”.

Don’t know the answer. I’m sure it’s been studied by psychologists. Probably desensitisation.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know Joe’s not everyone’s cup of tea but his ability to get geniuses to explain things like he’s 5 makes complicated topics easier to understand. His latest show with Bret Weinstein & Heather Heying (who have their own podcast called ‘the dark horse’ pretty much just about science and studying things like evolutionary biology) is absolutely fantastic.

Give it a listen. Just remember that Bret & Heather aren’t mugs. They’re genuine scientists. Bret was basically robbed of the Nobel prize but that’s another story.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

your mind can really only concentrate of so many tasks and remain functioning efficiently, so i suspect people tune out to a lot of issues so as they can understand the issues they are pondering, and with so many issues on the table plenty just have to take a back seat .

A good example is when we were kids, the adds about kids starving in Africa sandwiched between an add for Maccas and vacuum cleaners then the show comes back on and all’s forgotten, except maybe if your parents try and make you eat your veggies and throw the line “there’s kids starving in Africa and you won’t eat your peas”.

Don’t know the answer. I’m sure it’s been studied by psychologists. Probably desensitisation.
Its pretty much 20 years after 9/11 give or take an hour or two and things have gotten progressively more ****ed up or even just more intense in every possible way. Its beyond desensitisation. Its oversaturation of media in every possible way and more. The weather is more intense. Financial pressures are more intense. There is alot going on.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its pretty much 20 years after 9/11 give or take an hour or two and things have gotten progressively more f’ed up or even just more intense in every possible way. Its beyond desensitisation. Its oversaturation of media in every possible way and more. The weather is more intense. Financial pressures are more intense. There is alot going on.

It was the anniversary of that terrible day last night. It’s on the telle today. They just keep playing the videos of the planes going into the buildings over and over.

I don’t know what the answer is regarding whether or not they should play the videos but when you watch them alongside someone talking about their personal experience that day it makes a big difference to how one feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back