Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

fu** me, used car prices have gone through the roof atm.

Thinking of getting a medium SUV, so we
went to a local dealership today and 2 2016 Nissan Qashqai's on the lot with 45 and 50,000 ks on the clock for $29000.

Right next door to them was a brand new Kia Seltos for the same price with 10 years warranty.
Just uber everywhere.
Save your money.

fu** me, used car prices have gone through the roof atm.

Thinking of getting a medium SUV, so we
went to a local dealership today and 2 2016 Nissan Qashqai's on the lot with 45 and 50,000 ks on the clock for $29000.

Right next door to them was a brand new Kia Seltos for the same price with 10 years warranty.
So true, we are on the pajero group and the prices they are going for is crazy. We paid 15k for a nt paj platinum with 200k, same ones now with 250+k going for $18k and upwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would anyone go after the most honest and greatest leader in the world?

Putin is the only world leader I trust. I learn more about the world from him than all the other sources of news combined.

You are either taking the piss or a moron.

Just hear me out ferbs.

No, some of sheins clothing is amazing quality!! I brought a pair of jeans and they are literally amazing for the price compared to my Tommy Hilfiger ones that cost me a arm and a half.

It’s like a ‘controversial’ topic among young ppl, I cannot just be like ‘don’t buy fast fashion’ because that would be hypocritical as I frequently buy off it. like not all people can afford to buy from Australian small businesses.

Controversial opinion incoming.

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

Sure, I would gladly vote for an alternative economic framework, but most people want capitalism and this is what you get. It shouldn't be up to consumers, many of whom live paycheck to paycheck and who don't get the full value in return for what they produce, to ethicise (not sure if that's a word?) a system that is built upon the dollar and which rewards the most competitive (the cheapest, usually, with quality being done consideration) business.

I really don't get on board the judgey judgey stuff about where people purchase their clothes, or their coffee, or their food, or whatever from.

Sure, I would gladly vote for an alternative economic framework, but most people want capitalism and this is what you get. It shouldn't be up to consumers, many of whom live paycheck to paycheck and who don't get the full value in return for what they produce, to ethicise (not sure if that's a word?) a system that is built upon the dollar and which rewards the most competitive (the cheapest, usually, with quality being done consideration) business.

I really don't get on board the judgey judgey stuff about where people purchase their clothes, or their coffee, or their food, or whatever from.
I don’t think that of controversial TMB, capitalism is poopy. It’s those posts on Melbourne Gal Pals in which put s**t on people who do buy from fast fashion. And 10/10 times they are using a phone that was made by slave labourers.

same I couldn’t care less lol

I agree we're all part of the system, but either the system changes - which can start with individual choices - or the planet changes (or rather, extinguishes) us

I agree we're all part of the system, but either the system changes - which can start with individual choices - or the planet changes (or rather, extinguishes) us

I just can't get onboard with individual choices mattering that much unless we took it to an exhausting level.

Carefully poring over the ingredients and supply chain details of every single thing you purchase would be utterly exhausting and probably more than a full-time job I reckon.

That isn't particularly controversial. You can mitigate things tho. Don't buy new s**t you don't need and don't throw stuff out every five minutes. Minimise the crap you buy. Buy second hand stuff when you can. Fix things and make them work. When you do buy stuff try and buy stuff that lasts.

Don't try to satisfy the gaping hole in your soul by buying pointless rubbish to make you briefly forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back