Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I once dieted down for a comp on pizza and Maccas just to prove my broscience mates wrong.
pppppffft, i won a monthly medal stroke round in golf after being locked up the night before for being involved in an altercation out the front of a late night take away food venue. they let me out at 6am, teeoff was 8.30, cant hardly remember the first nine but was 3 over the card at the turn playing off 18 at the time. went about 5 over the card on the back and carded a score of 63net.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not a great shock but Arberys murderers got found guilty. Minimum life sentence awaits each of them.
40A72271-AE12-48F2-A236-23D206D12620.jpeg

Not a great shock but Arberys murderers got found guilty. Minimum life sentence awaits each of them.
View attachment 1287060
I though they were about a 66% chance of being found guilty.

I've been following this sort of thing for a while, well over a decade carefully.

Both those high profile decisions seem reasonable imo. I am slightly surprised.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I though they were about a 66% chance of being found guilty.

I've been following this sort of thing for a while, well over a decade carefully.

Both those high profile decisions seem reasonable imo. I am slightly surprised.
The vdo that guy took made it about 99% guilty

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who's got three hours to listen to campaigners talking...

Okay I'll give it a try.

I work by myself about 70% of the time (which is a bit weird for a chippy) so all I listen to is podcasts and recently audiobooks. I listen to about 8 hours everyday. I’d listen to music but I need one ear free so I can hear what’s going on around me, I can’t do music with one earphone for some reason.

The only down side is that none of my mates or family want to hear about what I’m listening to so I often just post s**t in here.

I work by myself about 70% of the time (which is a bit weird for a chippy) so all I listen to is podcasts and recently audiobooks. I listen to about 8 hours everyday. I’d listen to music but I need one ear free so I can hear what’s going on around me, I can’t do music with one earphone for some reason.

The only down side is that none of my mates or family want to hear about what I’m listening to so I often just post sh*t in here.
Yeah I'd probably do it more if there was better reception in the area.

Only 1 white jury member in a predominantly black area, I wasn’t as convinced. Arbery’s father speaking afterwards was amazing.
You mean 1 black man yeah?

Some of the stuff cops have gotten off for are just insane, one of these guys was an ex cop.

Once upon a time they would have got away with it but they didn't today. I that's a good thing really.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1637881099300.png

Can someone please explain to me the politics behind this, because I just don't get it.

The trust deficit with between the public and politicians is the worst I have ever seen, I mean the absolute worst. ICAC and other bodies like this are seen to keep the bastards honest, literally.

Yet here we have a known and congenital liar saying that they are a bad thing. How does he think this is going to play out?

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Carlisle, Celtics, GCS
Anyone have suggestions for a first job?
Getting to the legal age for a job soon and I have a bunch of options, harvey norman looked pretty good to me but I've never tried being a cashier or anything 🤷‍♂️

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
View attachment 1287658

Can someone please explain to me the politics behind this, because I just don't get it.

The trust deficit with between the public and politicians is the worst I have ever seen, I mean the absolute worst. ICAC and other bodies like this are seen to keep the bastards honest, literally.

Yet here we have a known and congenital liar saying that they are a bad thing. How does he think this is going to play out?

He's got to go down this track because he know if ICIC was implemented his government would decimated.

He's ****ed and he knows it.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Getting to the legal age for a job soon and I have a bunch of options, harvey norman looked pretty good to me but I've never tried being a cashier or anything 🤷‍♂️
Takeaway stores like Fish and Chip shops are pretty good.

I f you are good at a sport, you can run coaching clinics or work at places like tennis clubs etc.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Depends what you want to do. At your age you're probably not after a career and I know your from around my area. Coles are always putting kids on. Stacking shelves. Retail. KMART, Harris Scarfe. Don't go down the dish pig route.

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
View attachment 1287658

He believes that Gladys was at the height of her popularity when she quit the leadership due to ICAC. There was a widespread view in Sydney in the aftermath that ICAC was treating her unfairly and she should not have been "forced" to quit. It was seen as having unfairly claimed the scalps of 3 premiers for petty breaches. Of course none of them were forced out by ICAC, all chose to quit.
I don't know if that view changed after she actually appeared before the Commission and it was clear (to me at least) that there were serious reasons for her being called before ICAC with the release of the phone taps. The PM is hoping the previous view holds in Western Sydney. At a bare minimum it is an excuse to delay the establishment of a broad-based anti-corruption commission, which no politicians want in any jurisdiction (viz South Australia).

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Depends what you want to do. At your age you're probably not after a career and I know your from around my area. Coles are always putting kids on. Stacking shelves. Retail. KMART, Harris Scarfe. Don't go down the dish pig route.
That route got me where I am today, it's not so bad.

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Carlisle, Celtics, GCS
Only thing is, I live in PF so it'd be a bit of travel, then again I could just go from school there depending on the hours.
Harvey Norman kinda appealed to me because it's not that busy, and unlike a supermarket people usually only buy one thing.
Is dish pig a dishie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back