Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really a TikTok enjoyer but this is pretty mint

ME TODAY LITERALLY IM NOT TAKING ANY s**t FROM ANY CUSTOMER IM GONNA REPLICATE THE SAME ENERGY BACK BABY

I am working 12pm to 12am lol

Only thing is, I live in PF so it'd be a bit of travel, then again I could just go from school there depending on the hours.
Harvey Norman kinda appealed to me because it's not that busy, and unlike a supermarket people usually only buy one thing.
Is dish pig a dishie?

Yeah, a dishie.

if you live in PF, then there should be plenty of seasonal work over summer in the cafes, maybe even the supermarket there. Maybe drop your resume off around town..

Also, Harvey Norman will be just flat out as anywhere else.

Anyone have suggestions for a first job?
Getting to the legal age for a job soon and I have a bunch of options, harvey norman looked pretty good to me but I've never tried being a cashier or anything 🤷‍♂️
Bar tending.

Only thing is, I live in PF so it'd be a bit of travel, then again I could just go from school there depending on the hours.
Harvey Norman kinda appealed to me because it's not that busy, and unlike a supermarket people usually only buy one thing.
Is dish pig a dishie?
Wait a minute, how old are you?

Bar tending.
Good choice Pickitt ..decent social environment, learn people skills, flexible hours, exposure to different cultures.
Hard work but it has better perks than retail imo.

Just look out for dodgy bosses. Record your hours, get a copy of your contract and work out your own wages every week to make sure things are above board.
Same with every job I suppose

Good choice Pickitt ..decent social environment, learn people skills, flexible hours, exposure to different cultures.

Just look out for dodgy bosses. Record your hours, get a copy of your contract and work out your own wages every week to make sure things are above board.
Maybe in a few years he can bartend lol

I don't think that's legal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only when you start house painting you really remember how crap painting is...
It's the worst. You get a quote and think "I'm not paying some campaigner that much for ******* painting." And it is indeed easy to do, and it's not even hard to do a good job. But * me, it is so tedious. Hours of your life wasted, and suddenly you're wondering if you should have paid that chancer to do it.

It's the worst. You get a quote and think "I'm not paying some campaigner that much for ******* painting." And it is indeed easy to do, and it's not even hard to do a good job. But fu** me, it is so tedious. Hours of your life wasted, and suddenly you're wondering if you should have paid that chancer to do it.
Absolutely. We were sort of in a pickle waiting for the plastrrers to finish, now they have we just want the use of the room back and cant really wait for a painter, at least the ceiling is done . Just the walls and trim to do tomorow thrn we can move the furniture back.

Under 18, first job

Don’t know exactly how old you are but I’m guessing mid teens. Before I could legally work I picked up golf balls at the driving range before school, but only in the winter because the cart they had would get bogged. $50 per week. 5 days work, walking around before the sun come up freezing my arse off. But I had cash. Then I stocked shelves at a local supermarket and earned a bit more. I was out of school and also out of home doing an apprenticeship by 17..

To be honest with you kid, I wish I just had of spent more time paying attention in school and doing my homework…but everyone told me that T the time and I didn’t listen.

Part time jobs are good in some ways for kids, as long as it doesn’t interfere with school. IMO if you have the luxury of focusing on school that’s a far better option.

Don’t know exactly how old you are but I’m guessing mid teens. Before I could legally work I picked up golf balls at the driving range before school, but only in the winter because the cart they had would get bogged. $50 per week. 5 days work, walking around before the sun come up freezing my arse off. But I had cash. Then I stocked shelves at a local supermarket and earned a bit more. I was out of school and also out of home doing an apprenticeship by 17..

To be honest with you kid, I wish I just had of spent more time paying attention in school and doing my homework…but everyone told me that T the time and I didn’t listen.

Part time jobs are good in some ways for kids, as long as it doesn’t interfere with school. IMO if you have the luxury of focusing on school that’s a far better option.
Appreciate the advice, tbh it'd probably be a summer job, meaning I'd probably have fewer hours when school comes back.

So true about the paying attention in school.

Me, why do i need to know this crap.
Nekminit doing electrical theory in electrical apprentishop, woulda been handy if i was paying attention with these vectors crap.....

I’m dead💀

so I was doing clothing recovery with a friend and I was telling her about how to categorise the clothes rack and there was a customer in the change room to my left and he literally opened the curtain winked at me WHILST BEING SHIRTLESS and told me to be quiet. I was so close to losing my s**t like I’ve legit worked 24 hours in 2 days I’m about to break down.

Anyone have suggestions for a first job?
Getting to the legal age for a job soon and I have a bunch of options, harvey norman looked pretty good to me but I've never tried being a cashier or anything 🤷‍♂️

There's two classic first jobs, and they're classic for a reason;

Supermarket checkout-chick.
Fast food worker.

Get one of those, work there for a year, and your options for a 2nd job open up immensely.

Only when you start house painting you really remember how crap painting is...

Spent a bunch of time this weekend sanding and staining a new verandah. Same principles of mundane-ness apply. I'm with you brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back