Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like this a long break for giantroo to have not posted. He hasn’t been active on Twitter for ages either. Hope everything is good.
It is a worry. I thought I had his mobile at one stage but can't find it now. Anyone able to contact him and let us know he is ok?

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
IMO it’ll happen when Charles takes the throne.

Currency would need to change anyway so it would be opportune.

Have wanted the Scots to vote themselves out of the Commonwealth meaning a change to the flag because again, we’d have to change ours and the time would be right to exit completely.
It can't be about an individual, it has to be about the system.

That said....

I was working in media monitoring during the 1999 referendum and thus listened to talk back radio eight hours a day for the whole period. The arguments against were nonsense - presidential palaces in each state! - but they muddied the waters enough.

You can bet that if there was a referendum any time soon, that the Trump insurrection would get a pretty big run.

The Republican Movement relied on sound arguments last time - they'll need to get down and dirty next time around.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the topic of podcasts, what's a couple of good ones to start with Dan Carlin? Holding off on doing further study but want to still get the grey matter working.

Prophets of doom was the first one of his I listened to and was hooked after that. All his podcasts are awesome, but prophets of doom is good to start off with because it’s a single episode.

Blueprint for Armageddon is his best imo.

Feels like this a long break for giantroo to have not posted. He hasn’t been active on Twitter for ages either. Hope everything is good.

Haven’t spoken to him but there’s every chance he and the family are catching up with the rest of the family in Lebanon.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the topic of podcasts, what's a couple of good ones to start with Dan Carlin? Holding off on doing further study but want to still get the grey matter working.
Logical Insanity - The use of nuclear weapons on Japan and how they got to that point.

American Peril - How the USA went from a regional power to a threat including the takeover of Cuba and the Philippines.

Punic Nightmares - The Punic wars - 3 episodes.

Ghosts of the Ostfront - Eastern front WWII - 4 episodes.

Death Throes of the Republic - Fall of the Roman republic and the rise of the Roman empire. - 6 Episodes

Radical Thoughts - The two 20th century Red Scares in the USA

Wrath of the Khans - The rise of the Mongol Empire - 6 episodes (15 hours or so) - Best series ever.

Blueprint for Armageddon - 6 episodes - WWI in all its horror, including the politics behind the scenes.

King of Kings - 3 episodes - The rise of the Persian Empire until the fall to Alexander - including all the ones preceding it.

Just a few and a little light listening to get you started.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Logical Insanity - The use of nuclear weapons on Japan and how they got to that point.

American Peril - How the USA went from a regional power to a threat including the takeover of Cuba and the Philippines.

Death Throes of the Republic - Fall of the Roman republic and the rise of the Roman empire. - 6 Episodes

Wrath of the Khans - The rise of the Mongol Empire - 6 episodes (15 hours or so) - Best series ever.

Blueprint for Armageddon - 6 episodes - WWI in all its horror, including the politics behind the scenes.

King of Kings - 3 episodes - The rise of the Persian Empire until the fall to Alexander - including all the ones preceding it.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos

here is a book about that too:

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos

also saw the second one, Bockscar which dropped Fat Man on Nagasaki, (which it self is a interesting story) last weekend (need to find the photos i took this week).

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
KUALA LUMPUR: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale hit Java, Indonesia, at 8.26am Monday (Jan 17).

According to a statement from the Malaysian Meteorological Department, the epicentre of the quake was located 160km south-west of Sukabumi, Indonesia, at a depth of 78km.

FJQ73i0aAAAuJB5

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
KUALA LUMPUR: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale hit Java, Indonesia, at 8.26am Monday (Jan 17).

According to a statement from the Malaysian Meteorological Department, the epicentre of the quake was located 160km south-west of Sukabumi, Indonesia, at a depth of 78km.

FJQ73i0aAAAuJB5

Another one?

FJQ73i0aAAAuJB5

Another one?

crap... Pacific Rim is real....

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When are they going to update the players photos on the website/app. Every other team I’ve checked has done it already. Come on media team!
Photo's are updated post official team photo day, which comes later in preseason. I have just checked the sites for Sydney, Freo, GC Suns, Hawthorn and * and none have updated their profile pages yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back