Not open for further replies.

Boomerfan99

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nuggets
That's not really true. There are significant differences between them every election.

At the last election if Labor had won then the bushfires wouldn't have been as bad. Crazy as that sounds its true.

And why is that Ferbs?

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Don’t all the smaller parties basically give their votes to the two major parties?
If you preference properly they can win enough seats to hold the balance of power. If any minor parties go against the 'freedoms' they have preached, they will be dead men walking at the next elections, never to be trusted again.

A hung parliament is the best outcome imo

The bastards need to be kept honest.

Both parties are globalist, mass immigration, big government, kick the can down the road, vote buying campaigners afaic...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
“I’m sick of the majors. So I’m voting for a racist party that always supports the libs and is just as corrupt, and we’re literally busted pledging to change laws for foreign money”.

Always gives me a laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All that aside, the leader literally befriended one of the worst humans, Valmae Beck who helped her husband murder a young girl in Noosa to play out a sick fantasy. Disgraceful. Talked glowingly about her friendship with her. Scumbag.

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Don’t know how any Victorian could vote for the Morrison government after the way the federal government has treated Victorians.
What about the state government??

How anyone can vote labour is just as perplexing.

People needvto learn how to vote properly

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
[QUOTE="archereleven, post: 74872283, member: 142372"

Both parties are globalist, mass immigration, big government, kick the can down the road, vote buying campaigners afaic...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app[/QUOTE]

Ah now we’re getting somewhere. The libs have been insufficiently racist for you. ‘Globalist’.

Interestingly, your preferred party went to a foreign country to solicit donations to increase their vote to change Australia’s gun laws.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don’t know how any Victorian could vote for the Morrison government after the way the federal government has treated Victorians.

Frydenburg getting the arse by independent, Monique Ryan would be so satisfying.

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
I was checking out the freedom of press world standings, it must be why Australia was marked as acceptable rather then free like most Scandinavian countries got.
Most news outlets are biased one way or another. They simply can't be trusted.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Buy and sell group bargains come through again, 40" Sony Bravia LCD tv for the barn for $30 bucks....

Attachments

• IMG_20220515_192258546.jpg
    IMG_20220515_192258546.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
And yet nothing changes.

What makes you think the bushfires would of been different? I know nothing about them.

Does labour have a bunch of proficient back burners in cabinet? Lol

:D

Yeah this is a very specific thing re the fires. In early 2019 just before or after the fires the former heads of every major fire organisation on the East Coast, bush and town, contacted Scomo and warned him that this would be the worst fire season in the country's history. There was 11 billion dollars of emergency funding available to the feds for aviation support, which is their reponsibility even tho individual states run their own fire fighting set ups. Those former heads of fire services warned the federal government this money needed to be spent immediately to lease aircraft for the upcoming fire season. The federal government didn't act on this advice, allegedly for what turned out to be political reasons - it didn't want to be seen to be acknowledging climate change.

I know of three fires where that extra air support would have saved homes and in one case lives. That's only in the Northern area of the state (I'm in NSW.) I have no reason to believe it would be any different anywhere else. Repeatedly over summer that money would have meant aircraft were available on days when they would have made a difference and fires could have been controlled that otherwise went ballistic as soon as conditions were right.

The ALP had a policy to develop our own air support fleet (which may have been a waste of money, or a money spinner if we leased the aircraft overseas,) and a national elite emergency fire fighting unit that would have been an excellent idea. The Libs had nothing. I dunno if the ALP policies were all good, I'm unsure about the viability of a national air fleet. But at leats the problem was on their radar.

So I just don't accept that if the same group of former fire chiefs, heads of departments etc etc had approached Shorten and said: "We need the money released now so we can sign leases and have the aircraft here in six months cos this will be worse than anything we've ever seen before." he would have ignored their request. I'm not really a fan of Bill Shorten but he is very competent.

The worst bit is in December or January Morrison made that money available and put out a full pressgasm about it. Ads. interviews etc etc He had the audacity to claim that releasing that money was part of their effective response to the crisis even tho the money was useless at that point. The aircraft need to be reserved and leased months in advance because there are only limited numbers around the world and these days fires burn all year round everywhere. The aircraft were no longer available and even if they were by the time they got here it would have been too late.

So finally releasing the funds was just a PR exercise.

I don't care that Morrison went on holiday during the fires. He was out of the way so the people responsible for managing the situation could get on with what they had to do without dumb * politicians interfering. Even when he came back and made a campaigner of himself in Cobargo that didn't make things worse overall. IT made the people of that town feel like s**t cos they were props in his PR bullshit a day after they'd lost everything. s**t behaviour but it didn't make the emergency worse.

But failing to act in time and listen to experts when they said wtte of "This is ****ed, it will be worse than anything we've ever seen and we have to act now." - that had real consequences during the emergency and things were worse because of it (imo obviously, we can never know for sure with that sort of hypothetical, but it seems pretty obvious to me.)

Then pulling a bullshit pr stunt to come out of looking good. Its piss weak imo.

Outcomes like that may be the case however our electorate is a safe seat and has been for some time, there is an independent running i will be voting for who has ties to Cathy McGowans independent network. but it means nothing because the majority of our electorate vote historical party lines. and so our new West Gippsland hospital becomes a political can like the tulla rail link that gets perennially kicked down the road. people are their own worst enemies.
Yeah.

Parties are ****ed. The whole system is compromised. Its a choice between which brand of neoliberalism and who you pick to * you over.

I didn't even get on the electoral roll till I was about 30 cos someone hassled the crap out of me about "If you don't vote you can't criticise, blah blah blah..." Some people never shut up. (I've known other people overseas who would literally be prepared to die for the sort of political freedom we have, yet ultimately it means nothing.) So eventually I let them get to me and signed on the electoral roll. Have mostly regretted it...

And why is that Ferbs?
See the post a few above this where I respond to archereleven.

Its detailed and specific, and one of the few times I've ever been able to spot a significant difference like that. Where the consequences of one decision were relatively immediate and obvious.

Don’t all the smaller parties basically give their votes to the two major parties?
You can select where you preferences go by picking the order of the people you vote for. But ultimately, unless you have indies or minor parties with alot of support your vote eventually trickles down to one of the major parties.

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
:D

Yeah this is a very specific thing re the fires. In early 2019 just before or after the fires the former heads of every major fire organisation on the East Coast, bush and town, contacted Scomo and warned him that this would be the worst fire season in the country's history. There was 11 billion dollars of emergency funding available to the feds for aviation support, which is their reponsibility even tho individual states run their own fire fighting set ups. Those former heads of fire services warned the federal government this money needed to be spent immediately to lease aircraft for the upcoming fire season. The federal government didn't act on this advice, allegedly for what turned out to be political reasons - it didn't want to be seen to be acknowledging climate change.

I know of three fires where that extra air support would have saved homes and in one case lives. That's only in the Northern area of the state (I'm in NSW.) I have no reason to believe it would be any different anywhere else. Repeatedly over summer that money would have meant aircraft were available on days when they would have made a difference and fires could have been controlled that otherwise went ballistic as soon as conditions were right.

The ALP had a policy to develop our own air support fleet (which may have been a waste of money, or a money spinner if we leased the aircraft overseas,) and a national elite emergency fire fighting unit that would have been an excellent idea. The Libs had nothing. I dunno if the ALP policies were all good, I'm unsure about the viability of a national air fleet. But at leats the problem was on their radar.

So I just don't accept that if the same group of former fire chiefs, heads of departments etc etc had approached Shorten and said: "We need the money released now so we can sign leases and have the aircraft here in six months cos this will be worse than anything we've ever seen before." he would have ignored their request. I'm not really a fan of Bill Shorten but he is very competent.

The worst bit is in December or January Morrison made that money available and put out a full pressgasm about it. Ads. interviews etc etc He had the audacity to claim that releasing that money was part of their effective response to the crisis even tho the money was useless at that point. The aircraft need to be reserved and leased months in advance because there are only limited numbers around the world and these days fires burn all year round everywhere. The aircraft were no longer available and even if they were by the time they got here it would have been too late.

So finally releasing the funds was just a PR exercise.

I don't care that Morrison went on holiday during the fires. He was out of the way so the people responsible for managing the situation could get on with what they had to do without dumb fu** politicians interfering. Even when he came back and made a campaigner of himself in Cobargo that didn't make things worse overall. IT made the people of that town feel like s**t cos they were props in his PR bullshit a day after they'd lost everything. s**t behaviour but it didn't make the emergency worse.

But failing to act in time and listen to experts when they said wtte of "This is f’ed, it will be worse than anything we've ever seen and we have to act now." - that had real consequences during the emergency and things were worse because of it (imo obviously, we can never know for sure with that sort of hypothetical, but it seems pretty obvious to me.)

Then pulling a bullshit pr stunt to come out of looking good. Its piss weak imo.
Was Combargo where Scummo went to shake old mates hand but he wouldn't and then he tried to grab at it?

I'm in Cairns, so a world away.

Tbqh, I can't stand politics and the people that come with it. The last 2 years has shown me everything I need to know about our 'leaders'

I was the same. Wasn't on an electoral role until 30s and this is the first time I'm taking a real interest in any election. Fed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back