Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not every day that the most decorated Australian soldier is found to be a murderer.
War's pretty brutal and the work the SAS does is a bit sketchy at times even by those standards. Like in SE Asia before the Vietnam War. Wonder howmany other war crimes have been committe over the years. Not that i approve of any of what he did. Or the other stuff reported.

Shout out to David McBride too. Without him blowing the whistle on that stuff we might never have known about it.

He's facing a long time in jail because of it too.

Shout out to David McBride too.
Dude should be getting an Order of Australia, not staring down the barrel of trumped up charges.

Now that the courts have determined that on the balance of probabilities, BRS is a murderer, you'd have to think there will be political pressure to ask the DPP to drop the case.

I’m more surprised that people except anything else from someone who the military turned into a ruthless killer.
Not just military but SAS, they are trained to do the stuff other people find unpalatable and are continuously placed into compromised scenarios where things simply are not black and white. I know it sounds tacky but you cant just "turn it off". generally if these blokes are there the moral compass has already been diminished through diplomatic/governance channels.

People are carrying on like its a case of a dodgy tradesman overcharging a few pensioners. IMO these guys really shouldn't really have such a large public profile as its impossible to keep their profiles squeeky clean simply due to the work they engage in let alone judge them in civil tribunals. and equally the Press have a right to pursue news regarding said agencies.

I can understand the desire by some to decorate said soldiers as a token of appreciation of their services but maybe their remuneration should be the limits of their recognition to avoid inevitable scenarios such as this.

Not just military but SAS, they are trained to do the stuff other people find unpalatable and are continuously placed into compromised scenarios where things simply are not black and white. I know it sounds tacky but you cant just "turn it off". generally if these blokes are there the moral compass has already been diminished through diplomatic/governance channels.

People are carrying on like its a case of a dodgy tradesman overcharging a few pensioners. IMO these guys really shouldn't really have such a large public profile as its impossible to keep their profiles squeeky clean simply due to the work they engage in let alone judge them in civil tribunals. and equally the Press have a right to pursue news regarding said agencies.

I can understand the desire by some to decorate said soldiers as a token of appreciation of their services but maybe their remuneration should be the limits of their recognition to avoid inevitable scenarios such as this.

Jocko had a podcast a while back about identifying psychopaths in the teams, and also teams that were developing a bad culture and how to deal with it.

As with everything he said it’s a failure of leadership if things get to that point.

Biden has fallen over again. He looks so frail. I’m genuinely surprised that he’s running for president again. It’s sad tbh.

He tripped over a sandbag on the stage after standing for over an hour shaking hands with over 2000 graduates. Could have literally happened to anyone, of any age.

There's a lot of things you could attack Biden over. And I agree he's too old to be running again. But let's not pretend that this incident is some big indicator of how frail and senile he is or something.

(And to be clear - I'm no Biden fanboy and I wish he wasn't running in 2024).

I’m more surprised that people except anything else from someone who the military turned into a ruthless killer.
Compare photos of him in uniform etc to those a few years later and he's smaller across the shoulders. I wonder how juiced he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trouble is any US president is just a cog in the war machine.
the democrats cancelled the primary debates because of Bobby, tv stations are already censoring him, the clowns won’t let him anywhere near the presidency.
The negative press would be trump on steroids.

Edit: how is this anyway acceptable

He tripped over a sandbag on the stage after standing for over an hour shaking hands with over 2000 graduates. Could have literally happened to anyone, of any age.

There's a lot of things you could attack Biden over. And I agree he's too old to be running again. But let's not pretend that this incident is some big indicator of how frail and senile he is or something.

Biden has fallen over again. He looks so frail. I’m genuinely surprised that he’s running for president again. It’s sad tbh.

There is no such thing as retirement for Politicians over there. Look at Dianne Feinstein. 90 years old in a wheelchair, half dead and still there.

Probably sums up America pretty well to be fair.

It’s not just this fall. It’s everything. He’s cactus.

the democrats cancelled the primary debates because of Bobby, tv stations are already censoring him, the clowns won’t let him anywhere near the presidency.
The negative press would be trump on steroids.

Edit: how is this anyway acceptable

It was funny the reaction the other day from his statement that he supports American involvement in the war against Ukraine.

the democrats cancelled the primary debates because of Bobby

No sitting president (from either party) has ever participated in primary debates. Let's not pretend this is some new "conspiracy" against Robert Kennedy.

As for Instagram, my understanding is he was banned by Meta for spouting utter anti-vax nonsense, and using the "TeamKennedy" emails would be considered a form of ban evasion.

Just because someone crazy announces they are running for President doesn't mean all the consequences they've faced for their actions suddenly go away.

It was funny the reaction the other day from his statement that he supports American involvement in the war against Ukraine.
His son fought in Ukraine, he has said it numerous times, he wants a mature conversation about the war, to be there for the right reasons, not for oil/gas playing the great game, he wants to be their to defend a nation state against an aggressor.
He also said he believes he’d end the war in Ukraine in a short time by diplomacy.

No sitting president (from either party) has ever participated in primary debates. Let's not pretend this is some new "conspiracy" against Robert Kennedy.

As for Instagram, my understanding is he was banned by Meta for spouting utter anti-vax nonsense, and using the "TeamKennedy" emails would be considered a form of ban evasion.

Just because someone crazy announces they are running for President doesn't mean all the consequences they've faced for their actions suddenly go away.
Stop spouting cnn talking points. Watch his actually presser, not grabs taken out of context.

American politics talk…
Meme Leaving GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back