Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to start off by setting some non-negotiables, figure out what the want to stand for, run off of a platform of anti corruption and a hard rule of no conflicts of interest.

They are incapable of it.
The Liberal Party?

How's that gonna work?

Gillard copped alot of s**t but her government was the most functional federal in ages. And that would have had alot to do with the presence of Windsor, Oakeshott, Wilke and Brandt.
I will not be lectured on sexism and misogyny by this man! I will not!

its bigger than that though chaddy, whilst i agree their campaign was extremely poorly focussed i cant even think of any polocies that they can adopt that are consistant with their current membership base that will increase their voter base. that coupled with running a bloke that was on the nose first time around again smacked of desperation, The old chestnuts such as abortion and racism are not paths to the promised land.
well I can think of one - preferencing greens ahead of labor was a betrayal of their base; died in the wool Liberals would no more vote green than fly to the moon, but that's what the Liberal masterminds had them effectively do (I hasten to say this by way of 'objective' political analysis, not advocacy)

well I can think of one - preferencing greens ahead of labor was a betrayal of their base; died in the wool Liberals would no more vote green than fly to the moon, but that's what the Liberal masterminds had them effectively do (I hasten to say this by way of 'objective' political analysis, not advocacy)
That’s why 25% of them ignored the HTV’s and preferenced Labor anyway - at the end of the day it’s only a recommendation.

Thankfully we have optional preferential in NSW, a much better system.

People should be given the choice whether they want to allocate a preference.

After they were almost wiped off the map at the 2018 election, they were left with Smith, Guy and Crozier.
So it almost becomes a toss of the coin for the poisoned chalice and any politician with half a brain wouldn't take that leadership.

They need to rebrand. Cut the dead wood and change the party

That’s why 25% of them ignored the HTV’s and preferenced Labor anyway - at the end of the day it’s only a recommendation.

Thankfully we have optional preferential in NSW, a much better system.

People should be given the choice whether they want to allocate a preference.

Everything in NSW is worse than Victoria. Truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can think of at least one thing that isn't.

Bondi Beach?

Look, fair. Sydney has some pretty nice beaches, and you have to leave Port Phillip bay to get a nice beach here in Melbourne.

Bondi Beach?

Look, fair. Sydney has some pretty nice beaches, and you have to leave Port Phillip bay to get a nice beach here in Melbourne.
I'm thinking more the beaches in Northern NSW. And the waterholes. (and the weather... well until recently.)

Oh and shrooms now that I'm thinking about it.

Bondi Beach?

I think about this topic quite a lot.

NSW is better at prehistoric stuff:
The weather
The beaches
The botany
The bird life

Sydney has more interesting geology and landscapes than Melbourne, and it’s literally surrounded by stunning national parks (one of the reasons real estate prices are ridiculous).

NSW is also the most varied state in the country with basically every significant metric you care to name.

And there are more work opportunities for people like me.

Everything better about Victoria (but really just Melbourne):
Art
Music
Sport
Restaurants
Politics (subjective)
Melbourne has better real estate prices than Sydney

Last edited:
I always get very uncomfortable seeing them growing in the grass, looking at them makes me itchy same with some bugs
Its rare that those ones grow in Vic.

Good idea not to * around with fungus if you don't know what you're doing tho. People can die horribly, in agony for days with no realistic chance of survival, if they make a mistake.

Good idea not to * around with fungus if you don't know what you're doing tho. People can die horribly, in agony for days with no realistic chance of survival, if they make a mistake.

At least the Gympie-Gympie plant doesn't grow this far south. It is not just the snakes and spiders that want to kill you.

Whoops I was talking about those normal mushrooms that grow 🫣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back