Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

You people need to read more.

Fascism specifically:

Language and politics more generally:

I always thought the the Harry Potter books did a good job of helping people understand inter war fascist Britain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s weird that only Taibbi copped it for running “pr for the richest man in the world“ when both him and Bari Weiss were given the files.

Because Bari Weiss hasn't actually published anything yet.

Hard to judge someone's work when they haven't actually produced it yet.

The criticisms of Taibbi aren't simply "don't work with Elon!". They're a reflection on the poor quality of his work.

Name a better Marx.

I'll be right here waiting for you.
I am a long time Richard Marx fan. Have seen him in concert every time he has been to Australia since 1988. Never did I think he would get a mention on BF. This place never ceases to amaze with its many and varying topics.

Because Bari Weiss hasn't actually published anything yet.

Hard to judge someone's work when they haven't actually produced it yet.

The criticisms of Taibbi aren't simply "don't work with Elon!". They're a reflection on the poor quality of his work.

The alt left don’t like Bari so I’m sure they’ll come for her too

The alt left don’t like Bari so I’m sure they’ll come for her too

First things first... "the alt left"? Haha okay.

Secondly, and I'm repeating myself here; the "twitter files story" is a big bowl of nothing, but the criticisms leveled at Taibbi were about the poor quality of his work and the obvious slant he put on it. They weren't ideological.

In his tweet thread he literally said that the Trump administration asked for tweets to be removed, just like the Biden campaign did. Except he then went on and on about the Biden camp and gave zero mention to what tweets the Trump administration wanted removed, and why.

Given that Trump was in power and Biden was not, it's significant. And the omitting/skipping over of those details was overtly biased. It's also curious that he didn't explain that the tweets the Biden camp asked to be reviewed were literally stolen nude pictures of his son. Not exactly an unreasonable thing to request a review of...

Couple that with the fact that Taibbi had to "agree to conditions" to get access from Elon Musk, who picked him personally, and the fact that the way he presented his information was biased... and the criticisms were valid.

First things first... "the alt left"? Haha okay.

Secondly, and I'm repeating myself here; the "twitter files story" is a big bowl of nothing, but the criticisms leveled at Taibbi were about the poor quality of his work and the obvious slant he put on it. They weren't ideological.

In his tweet thread he literally said that the Trump administration asked for tweets to be removed, just like the Biden campaign did. Except he then went on and on about the Biden camp and gave zero mention to what tweets the Trump administration wanted removed, and why.

Given that Trump was in power and Biden was not, it's significant. And the omitting/skipping over of those details was overtly biased. It's also curious that he didn't explain that the tweets the Biden camp asked to be reviewed were literally stolen nude pictures of his son. Not exactly an unreasonable thing to request a review of...

Couple that with the fact that Taibbi had to "agree to conditions" to get access from Elon Musk, who picked him personally, and the fact that the way he presented his information was biased... and the criticisms were valid.

Maybe the Trump stuff will come.

Musk is really struggling.

He’s probably realised he paid 44 bill to reform a company of blue haired lefties cancelling people, only to see it was a finely tuned profit seeking platform designed to sell corporate ads.

He was sucked in by the echo chamber.

Idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am a long time Richard Marx fan. Have seen him in concert every time he has been to Australia since 1988. Never did I think he would get a mention on BF. This place never ceases to amaze with its many and varying topics.
I never thought I'd meet someone who went and saw him. Awesome.
:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back