Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

That wasn't confirmed today.

That was never a secret. They don't "shadowban" (because that's a specific thing), but they do de-amplify and search-ban accounts that break the rules.

And that was never a secret. Hell, they literally invited reporters to Twitter back when they first implemented it and spoke openly and publicly about it.

And by the way - Elon himself said he'd be doing the same thing with Twitter 2.0 so I really don't get what the big deal is?

FjgBO7yUYAAzh6N

It’s not a big deal. I agree that this one is nothing. Bit of an anticlimax tbh. If Taibbi‘s next instalment doesn’t have much substance then I expect this to fizzle out.

I thought it just made the poster harder to find, like removed, or pushed down from the algorithm.

Nah, that's not what a shadowban is. Tectonic is correct, a shadowban means everything looks fine on your end, but other people can no longer see your posts/comments/replies etc.

Nah, that's not what a shadowban is. Tectonic is correct, a shadowban means everything looks fine on your end, but other people can no longer see your posts/comments/replies etc.

It’s funny that Tectonic kind off kicked this off by saying he’s over the whole Musk buying Twitter saga and since then this thread has been dominated by it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we go.

So far all this 3rd round appears to show is a bunch of people doing their jobs well?

Really confused as to what Taibbi/Musk thinks the problem was here.

So far all this 3rd round appears to show is a bunch of people doing their jobs well?

Really confused as to what Taibbi/Musk thinks the problem was here.

It’s interesting. He’s still going right now. I find it interesting that they were discussing banning Biden and the White House in the future.

It really shows that Twitter was playing sides in the election, but that was obvious at the time. So messy.

It really doesn't show that.

All I'm seeing in today's release is Twitter employees working diligently to make sure people weren't undermining trust and faith in the US Election process. Every example of a tweet listed today where they put a label on it is specifically about the "rigged election" or the "stolen" election.

I'm 100% fine with those actions.

It really doesn't show that.

All I'm seeing in today's release is Twitter employees working diligently to make sure people weren't undermining trust and faith in the US Election process. Every example of a tweet listed today where they put a label on it is specifically about the "rigged election" or the "stolen" election.

I'm 100% fine with those actions.

Yet they allowed the other side to do it.

1670634105925.png

Val Keating I agree with this?

Also, it shows that no one single person had authority to act on people's tweets - a team of trained professionals were acting with transparency together.

Again, all of this looks good to me and looks just how a modern workplace works?

It’s interesting. He’s still going right now. I find it interesting that they were discussing banning Biden and the White House in the future.
Do you mean in this tweet?

Fwiw that reads to me like tiabbi misinterpreted the content there
It's more like "we aren't banning POTUS account as it's going to change hands soon"
And "we have limited POTUS account and won't ban it unless trump does something that warrants it"

Seen a few things where the jouro says something in the tweet but the image says something else entirely if you look at it in context.

View attachment 1570627

Val Keating I agree with this?

Also, it shows that no one single person had authority to act on people's tweets - a team of trained professionals were acting with transparency together.

Again, all of this looks good to me and looks just how a modern workplace works?

In isolation sure, but it becomes pretty obvious when you read through the whole thing. I get it, they were scared of Trump, but ironically they made the situation worse.

Do you mean in this tweet?

Fwiw that reads to me like tiabbi misinterpreted the content there
It's more like "we aren't banning POTUS account as it's going to change hands soon"
And "we have limited POTUS account and won't ban it unless trump does something that warrants it"

Seen a few things where the jouro says something in the tweet but the image says something else entirely if you look at it in context.

Yeah there is a lot of muddying the waters going on. It’s information overload. It’s made worse because of the lingo used by the Twitter staff.

Everyone is shooting from the hip with hot takes, but the information has only just been revealed. Some are trying to quickly pour water on it, others are trying to fire it up. I reckon the best takes will come in about a month or so once it settles down a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back