Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

American Civil Liberties Union Taser Guidlelines.

309.4.2 APPLICATION OF THE TASER Authorized personnel may use the TASER when circumstances known to the individual officer at the time indicate that such application of the TASER is reasonable to control a person in any of the following circumstances:

(a) The subject is violent or physically resisting.

(b) A subject who, by words or action, has demonstrated an intention to be violent or to physically resist and who reasonably appears to present the potential to harm officers, him/herself or others.

He ticks both. He was physically resisting arrest for an extended period. He had already ran away from a crime scene and again from a cop when he was calmly told to sit down on the footpathand relax. Also, a danger to others and himself (he ran into oncoming traffic after already crashing his car into people). While he was resisting he was in traffic. He also was a threat to officers given he was asking bystanders to help him because they were fake cops and he was being kidnapped.

You're clutching at straws here. Not all incidents involving police officers are malicious or their fault.

Have the coppers that did it faced any discipline actions?

LOL. People are just fed up with these tossers.

Almost 302. The disruption is annoying, but that was dangerous by the truck driver, you can't just run down people.

Almost 302. The disruption is annoying, but that was dangerous by the truck driver, you can't just run down people.

Yeah I wouldn’t do it, but just thinking they can jump in front of a truck and the truck will stop is pretty dumb.

My favourite one was when some of them glued themselves to a Porsche factory floor, so the workers just turned the lights off and left them there to sit in their own excrement.

ill i feel sick GIF

I enjoy hanging s**t on them when they hang around flinders and Swanson.
Well I live in them there Hills and it was once a popular place for the ultraparanoid to reside. Oh the good old days

Now it's full of hessian, clogs and the unwashed. Oh and heaps of tattoo's, like really bad ones. And fancy named organic food stuffs.
Call me old fashioned but I like pesticides in my dinner.

But as I say to Ms Sharon, it is ok as I am not judgemental.

Well I live in them there Hills and it was once a popular place for the ultraparanoid to reside. Oh the good old days

Now it's full of hessian, clogs and the unwashed. Oh and heaps of tattoo's, like really bad ones. And fancy named organic food stuffs.
Call me old fashioned but I like pesticides in my dinner.

But as I say to Ms Sharon, it is ok as I am not judgemental.

Could be worse, you could be one of those people who live in the dandenongs that relies Purely on tourism to stay relevant but cry about people coming to visit.

American Civil Liberties Union Taser Guidlelines.

309.4.2 APPLICATION OF THE TASER Authorized personnel may use the TASER when circumstances known to the individual officer at the time indicate that such application of the TASER is reasonable to control a person in any of the following circumstances:

(a) The subject is violent or physically resisting.

(b) A subject who, by words or action, has demonstrated an intention to be violent or to physically resist and who reasonably appears to present the potential to harm officers, him/herself or others.

He ticks both. He was physically resisting arrest for an extended period. He had already ran away from a crime scene and again from a cop when he was calmly told to sit down on the footpathand relax. Also, a danger to others and himself (he ran into oncoming traffic after already crashing his car into people). While he was resisting he was in traffic. He also was a threat to officers given he was asking bystanders to help him because they were fake cops and he was being kidnapped.

You're clutching at straws here. Not all incidents involving police officers are malicious or their fault.
Watch the video. He was on the ground not resisting till four coppers charged him freaking him out and even then half the resistence you claim was his reaction to being tased. He wasn't violent and he wasn't remotely physically reisting till one of them grabbed his neck. That is not what the ACLU thing (that you failed to cite) is referring to. Also the cop applies the taser directly yo the back of his chest, behind where Andersons heart is despite nearly 15 years of recommendations from manufacturers not to.

Your judgement is puss, you're happy to justify someone's death because they're black and on drugs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying they used the taser as a tool of compliance. How is that a reasonable use of force?

I agree, Taser should only be used if they think someone is a threat. They don't know if someone is wearing a pacemaker or some other device which could make getting tased dangerous.

I think the officers wanted to give this guy a beat down because he escaped from the first stop. He wasn't complying, struggled and eventually broke free and ran off despite being sprayed and tasered. I think the second stop was about 8 minutes after the first one. The sad part is he would still be alive if he just did what he was told at the first stop. I am not victim blaming, I am glad those officers were sacked and charged but I think there is a problem where people aren't following the directions of police officers. I understand that there are a lot of unwarranted stops and a bias against PoC but if you were giving advice as a lawyer or a parent then you don't want to see them killed.

Whatever happens to the police officers isn't a good outcome for Tyre Nichols, because he is dead now.

It is like when the lady who walked home through a park at 2am got raped and murdered and people were saying she shouldn't have to fear walking through a park at 2am and they are 100% right. But being right and dead is a bad outcome. I wouldn't walk home through a park at 2am, I did when I was young and stupid but I wouldn't now. I feel sad for the victims and their family that the deaths could have been avoided.

This guy made the police chase him for 800m, he broke free from the first time after resisting, that is not a scenario you want to be in. They shouldn't have reacted as they did, should have had some empathy for another human who was scared. They just don't have the right mentality for being servants of the public.

But something needs to be done about the amount of resisting, it is a contributing factor. You should not be murdered for resisting arrest, but it isn't much of a consolation to be right and dead. I think there needs to be a conversation about the resisting and that can lead to a further conversation with authorities about police reaction to resisting and the negative outcomes.

I agree, Taser should only be used if they think someone is a threat. They don't know if someone is wearing a pacemaker or some other device which could make getting tased dangerous.

I think the officers wanted to give this guy a beat down because he escaped from the first stop. He wasn't complying, struggled and eventually broke free and ran off despite being sprayed and tasered. I think the second stop was about 8 minutes after the first one. The sad part is he would still be alive if he just did what he was told at the first stop. I am not victim blaming, I am glad those officers were sacked and charged but I think there is a problem where people aren't following the directions of police officers. I understand that there are a lot of unwarranted stops and a bias against PoC but if you were giving advice as a lawyer or a parent then you don't want to see them killed.

Whatever happens to the police officers isn't a good outcome for Tyre Nichols, because he is dead now.

It is like when the lady who walked home through a park at 2am got raped and murdered and people were saying she shouldn't have to fear walking through a park at 2am and they are 100% right. But being right and dead is a bad outcome. I wouldn't walk home through a park at 2am, I did when I was young and stupid but I wouldn't now. I feel sad for the victims and their family that the deaths could have been avoided.

This guy made the police chase him for 800m, he broke free from the first time after resisting, that is not a scenario you want to be in. They shouldn't have reacted as they did, should have had some empathy for another human who was scared. They just don't have the right mentality for being servants of the public.

But something needs to be done about the amount of resisting, it is a contributing factor. You should not be murdered for resisting arrest, but it isn't much of a consolation to be right and dead. I think there needs to be a conversation about the resisting and that can lead to a further conversation with authorities about police reaction to resisting and the negative outcomes.
If those cops had approached him almly and talked reasonably instead of rushing him he would have probably gone willingly in custody.

He was obviously scared about them killing him. Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy.

Cops are arseholes. They act like arseholes and behave in a confrontational shithead manner.

SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay posted a great article years ago, by a former CIA agent who was active in AfPak and Iraq during the GWoT. he came home and became a cop to serve his community but was appalled by how coppers behave. One of his major issues was that police are given no training in de-escalation.

If anything its the opposite. They are expected to escalate cos they are the fist of society. Its why one of their nicknames used to be "the Wallopers". Indigenous people often called them "bullymen". None of this "walk/speak softly and carry a big stick" stuff for that lot. That's the cause of most problems, outside of race based ones in the states.

Big problem in the states is the idea of law being dispensed by firearms - the myth of the west, even more so "fellow killing lawmen feeding their notches" to quote William Burroughs.

If those cops had approached him almly and talked reasonably instead of rushing him he would have probably gone willingly in custody.

He was obviously scared about them killing him. Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy.

Cops are arseholes. They act like arseholes and behave in a confrontational shithead manner.

SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay posted a great article years ago, by a former CIA agent who was active in AfPak and Iraq during the GWoT. he came home and became a cop to serve his community but was appalled by how coppers behave. One of his major issues was that police are given no training in de-escalation.

If anything its the opposite. They are expected to escalate cos they are the fist of society. Its why one of their nicknames used to be "the Wallopers". Indigenous people often called them "bullymen". None of this "walk/speak softly and carry a big stick" stuff for that lot. That's the cause of most problems, outside of race based ones in the states.

Big problem in the states is the idea of law being dispensed by firearms - the myth of the west, even more so "fellow killing lawmen feeding their notches" to quote William Burroughs.

Yeah, I agree with everything you said there. But I am talking about your own actions as a citizen and the probability of you getting beaten or killed based on your actions. If you get pulled over and you do not resist at all and do whatever they say and if they ask you a question you just ask for a lawyer so they can either give you a ticket or take you to the station where you can get access to at least a state provided lawyer then the probability of you being killed in that scenario is significant less than 1%.

If you are going to wrestle with police, resist arrest and make a run for it then that probability of an arse kicking is going to go to 100% and risk of death will also skyrocket. It is just a bad option to take unless you have a death wish. I get it people panic, especially if they are drunk or on drugs and they might not be in full control of their marbles. In almost every one of these videos, the person who dies or gets his head kicked in isn't really complying with the police instructions.

That is no excuse for their police force not being better trained, but ultimately, we are talking about surviving these interactions, I'd rather be alive than dead. People should do everything they can to not escalate these interactions.

Yeah, I agree with everything you said there. But I am talking about your own actions as a citizen and the probability of you getting beaten or killed based on your actions. If you get pulled over and you do not resist at all and do whatever they say and if they ask you a question you just ask for a lawyer so they can either give you a ticket or take you to the station where you can get access to at least a state provided lawyer then the probability of you being killed in that scenario is significant less than 1%.

If you are going to wrestle with police, resist arrest and make a run for it then that probability of an arse kicking is going to go to 100% and risk of death will also skyrocket. It is just a bad option to take unless you have a death wish. I get it people panic, especially if they are drunk or on drugs and they might not be in full control of their marbles. In almost every one of these videos, the person who dies or gets his head kicked in isn't really complying with the police instructions.

That is no excuse for their police force not being better trained, but ultimately, we are talking about surviving these interactions, I'd rather be alive than dead. People should do everything they can to not escalate these interactions.
I remember Obama saying he was glad he had daughters because then he wouldn't have to have that conversation with his son...

While he was president.

It does seem better now. Compare that tasing to Rodney king... but in the US citizens are sposed to be able to assert their rights without having to be taken to the cop shop to do it.

Its ironic in some ways that the US gun control movement started when black Americans started patrolling their own neighbourhoods with groups like the Black Panthers (and others that are still doing it.)

Lol I feel so dumb because I can’t differentiate if this is a scam or not but it’s probably a scam because I DONT PAY BILLS LOL
5A258199-0533-492B-9081-45FCAC0A3C35.png

Could be worse, you could be one of those people who live in the dandenongs that relies Purely on tourism to stay relevant but cry about people coming to visit.
Oi! No need to call me out like that.
But * the tourists, clogging up my roads!

It does seem better now. Compare that tasing to Rodney king... but in the US citizens are sposed to be able to assert their rights without having to be taken to the cop shop to do it.

Yeah, they are supposed to and in most scenarios you probably can. Whilst any unnecessary death is something that should result in reform in terms of how you do things to try and improve, there is something like a hundred million interactions between police and citizens in the USA in a given year, it can seem like huge epidemic of violence but the handful we see in a given year is a very small minority of interactions which cascade into violence or death.

I agree, in almost all of these cases, better police training and less aggressive officer behaviour would probably result in the vast majority of the fatal incidents being avoided.

Its ironic in some ways that the US gun control movement started when black Americans started patrolling their own neighbourhoods with groups like the Black Panthers (and others that are still doing it.)

There is a gun control movement in America?

I don't think it is ideal to have civilians form a vigilante movement to protect the streets, it should be something the police force do. The problem is the American police force is ineffective and people don't feel safe calling the police, partly because of how the police interact with the community when they arrive and partly because of the fear of reprisal for doing so.

This is a few years old, but it is still a relatively good article about problems that still persist.

Ultimately, the police are left to deal with the symptoms of a failing system, crime and violence. There is no easy way to do it. Police in europe and other countries is less violent and more respectful of their citizens, but they invariably have small populations and have far better systems where poverty, violence and crime are not a tsunami that their police have to deal with so they have the time and resources to focus on being better police officers and they have more empathy with their community because they are not constantly under siege. There aren't hundreds of police officers dying doing their job in any other western country.

Their police have an adversarial relationship with the citizens because they often work in cities which more resemble warzones than civilised communities. You can't say lets hire cops that are nice to the community, it has to be a two-way street but those who have political power in America have no interest in changing the status quo and that includes PoC who have been institutionalised and benefit from the status quo.

Lol I feel so dumb because I can’t differentiate if this is a scam or not but it’s probably a scam because I DONT PAY BILLS LOL
View attachment 1597778
Scam.

You can report it here or here: Home | Scamwatch

Sick of SPAM SMS - forward the message to 📱0429 999 888

Spam SMS messages can now be reported to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).

The ACMA has made it easier to report spam SMS – simply forward the message to them! Their dedicated Spam SMS line is 📱 0429 999 888; your mobile phone provider’s standard billing rates will apply.

You can also register online to make it easier for the Anti-Spam Team to contact you if necessary.

Australian Communications and Media Authority

Remove this Banner Ad

Back