Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad. Those of us growing up in the 80’s and 90’s will remember the awesome live band scene we had in Melbourne and some of the great venues, Bell st Rock, The Palace, ET’’s, Tottenham Hotel, The Prince upstairs Bandroom and many others that memory escapes me. Remember seeing a very up and coming The Living End at the Metro of all places. A mate had came over late on a weeknight dragged me out of bed begging me to come and see this cool band. Wasn’t surprised they kicked on a bit. Would follow bands like The Models, Angels, Kids in the Kitchen, Pseudo Echo, Rose Tattoo around town. Fun times.

Truly ******* depressing isn’t it?

Hunters were a regular as well

Great times but sad times now

How’s this for bizarre. Last night I was emailed a 4 digit verification code as I needed to change a password I’d forgotten on some website. That 4 digit code was exactly the same as my bank account PIN. Kind of spooked me out a bit.
tends to do that, but if the sequence was unfamiliar like hundreds of others you would simply discount it. the human mind is very interesting when it comes to perception, take the lotto for example, the odds of winning are so far fetched its irrational that people play it. there is also an arguement that you should buy lotto tickets only on the day of the lottery because the odds of you dying in an accident are actually greater than you winning if you buy the ticket a week before the draw.

i8honjj.png

tends to do that, but if the sequence was unfamiliar like hundreds of others you would simply discount it. the human mind is very interesting when it comes to perception, take the lotto for example, the odds of winning are so far fetched its irrational that people play it. there is also an arguement that you should buy lotto tickets only on the day of the lottery because the odds of you dying in an accident are actually greater than you winning if you buy the ticket a week before the draw.
Is your inner Sheryl Crow coming out? :-D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so i found out yesterday that Scamper is doing ok (but is peeing everywhere) he is on some meds for a UTI. the lady who owns the farm (and the house Scamper lives in now) says he is doing ok now (but its just matter of time at this point). he is still peeing everywhere.

so i found out yesterday that Scamper is doing ok (but is peeing everywhere) he is on some meds for a UTI. the lady who owns the farm (and the house Scamper lives in now) says he is doing ok now (but its just matter of time at this point). he is still peeing everywhere.
don't count him out just yet (was there to say hi to Scamper today) he was happy to see me.

sounds like he is doing much better (never count out Scamper, he does have the Shinboner Spirit, even if he is a little Geelong Cat...). he may just be losing some of his sight and is hard for him to see at night (this happened to Ian, my long since died cat when he was getting old).

Might be time to move to South Korea Zondor
View attachment 1630323

And the " 69 " hours of working won't take in the obligatory after hours work team bonding dinner.

We got to a late what l thought was a quiet little train station in Seoul one night about 11.00p.m. Said to Mrs.H.this should a pleasant trip home. She scoffed and told me the train will be packed and reeking of garlic, b.b.q. & soju. Lo and behold, bugger me thing was choc-a block with very sleepy happy Koreans.

What amazes me is they all crawl home and get up at 6.00 a.m. ➡️ rinse & repeat.

Last edited:
In genuinely devastating news, I broke my only pair of glasses.

My eyesight isn't too bad - I "only" need a -0.75 prescription. But it means actually spectating the footy in-person would be pointless without them.

And it seems I can't get new glasses before this weekend.

:'(:'(:'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back