Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Deliberate?
theres another video with earlier footage EDIT SoS just posted above... , theres deffo something wrong with that ship, the power goes out on it then plumes of smoke can be seen bellowing before impact. sadly a lot of the traffic stops on the bridge as the ships approaching that likely could have gotten across before the impact that inevitably led to the collapse.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Tassie in the 1970s.

The cargo ship Lake Illawarra hit the Tasman Bridge and sent a section of it into the Derwent. 5 people (in 4 cars) died and seven crew members were killed. The ship sank. There were photos in the paper the next day of cars with their front wheels over the edge and people who were in them had climbed out. (One of the cars, a Green Monaro, is in a museum now I think.)

It was ****ed and people struggled to travel from one side of the river to the other until replacement bridges were built, even then they were miles upstream.

Its a miracle so few people were killed yesterday, apparently the ship sent out mayday and as a result bridge workers managed to stop some traffic entering the bridge.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good choice of beers?

Yeah not bad, they’re attached to a micro brewery now so you can’t get Normy beers, which would put some people off , but the beer garden is where it thrives. Not sure there’s a bigger beer garden within 15 minutes walk from a surf, plus the field next door to kick the footy or play cricket.

I just finished watching Trainwreck, the doco series about Woodstock 99 - the one that degenerated into riots and general depravity.

Looking it up afterwards, I was surprised to find two Australian acts on the line-up: Ben Lee and, in possibly the most random festival spot in history, The Umbilical Brothers.

At the night session to 150,000 drunk kids.

“Sorry Fred Durst has pulled out due to a cold.

Instead, we present the Umbilical Brothers and that American ventriloquist who appears on Hey Hey sometimes!”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

feel like a bit of a souse, drinking a red wine watching the game, after family roast beef lunch,
Not the food thread, but I hope that roast beef came with all the trimmings

That moment you just get up and your best work mate messages you asking if you're ok, and you respond with "yeah mate, just checking to see who's playing footy", and he replies "how about coming to work?". I give him "yesterday was April fools day mate" ..... I take a look at my phone - 4 missed calls, 7 messages ..... who works Easter Tuesday anyway?? Omg :-D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back