Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I've only sort of know what Bluey is, but it doesn't seem very right wing to me. What about it is right wing?

They live in Queensland and the Mum works for Border Force, it venerates the army, Leigh Sales voices a character, the list is endless

It’s up there with the most successful Australian TV ever. It’s not a bad show and so much better than much of the rot made for kids’ consumption.

You might have heard the voice of Dad before…

The show is good, I like it. Its more the adult audience that are getting weird.

The show is good, I like it. Its more the adult audience that are getting weird.
Says the guy who called it right wing....

Bandit's an archaeologist because dogs dig for bones. Chili works in airport security because airports have sniffer dogs.

That's it.

Don't overthink it.

Says the guy who called it right wing....

Bandit's an archaeologist because dogs dig for bones. Chili works in airport security because airports have sniffer dogs.

That's it.

Don't overthink it.

LOL, all media is political by definition. "Don't overthink it" lol

This is one of the most political images ever put in a kids TV show. If it was equivalent left coded pyschos would attack ABC buildings

1713388291011.png

LOL, all media is political by definition. "Don't overthink it" lol

This is one of the most political images ever put in a kids TV show. If it was equivalent left coded pyschos would attack ABC buildings

Same show has a character who has talked about having two mothers, it's heavily intimated that the Heelers vote Green in an election episode, their Xmas episode has Bandit dismissing his brother who is saying "yeah but that's not why I voted for him..." implying the brother is conservative and Bandit is not, etc etc etc.

Also, I know a few of the people who work on Bluey. They are very much not right-wing.

Don't over think it. Bluey is great.

Ohh monkey cups, where about do you keep them?
Change of weather always knocks the ones I’ve had off, even inside in the bathroom.
Yeah, a frost or a single hot day can kill them. I have a little greenhouse now, and it has been fantastic for all my carnivorous plants. It keeps them warm in the winter and moist in the summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same show has a character who has talked about having two mothers,

Gay people can be right wing and quite often are.

it's heavily intimated that the Heelers vote Green in an election episode,

Voting Green in Brisbane is basically voting Teal.

(Shitposting aside, which ep, I will go and watch, keen to see how intimated)

their Xmas episode has Bandit dismissing his brother who is saying "yeah but that's not why I voted for him..." implying the brother is conservative and Bandit is not, etc etc etc.

Also, I know a few of the people who work on Bluey. They are very much not right-wing.

Its not just me.

Don't over think it. Bluey is great.

Bluey is great, its funny, kind and a great representation of life with small kids. The animation is first class, and some of the scripting (like technically, there's one episode largely set inside a phone app the various kids are using that is just masterful) is genius.

Its very noticeably set in Queensland and good for them, that's fine, but Queensland is also culturally more right wing in many ways.

The whole show isn't reactionary right wing like say South Park, but the army stuff is quite interesting.

Also Leigh Sales is on it and she turned 730 hard right by her mere presence and does the same to Bluey lol.

How many do you have, exactly?
Not sure exactly, but a lot. I've been growing carnivorous plants since I was a teenager.

I grow venus flytraps, nepenthes, trumpet pitchers, sundews, bladderworts, and butterworts.

Yeah, nah.

Not everything is part of your culture war.

Bluey is just Bluey.

Omar Sakr is engaging in culture war by calling out depictions of Western military during the ongoing genocide in Gaza?

You and Sky News in fierce agreement.

You do know you're engaging in that most classic of right wing tropes - "why bring politics into everything?????"

That post from Sakr just confirms the show is deeply political.

What I find more interesting though is the way it's become a vehicle for a certain kind of man to express emotion, rather than have or independently find a way to express said feelings.

Kind of like how teenage boys send girls songs rather than tell them how they feel.

Media often does this and overall its a good thing to get men/fathers engaging with their emotions but the risk is thst people outsource their feelings as it were.

Last edited:

Interesting.

They don't actually need another big facility in the CBD, they need a heap more smaller ones around the wider metro area: St Kilda, Footscray, Dandenong, Sunshine etc.

Also, if the existing Richmond one just dispensed clean diamorphine to addicts, the crime rate would drop, social services costs would drop, the tax base would increase as people stabilise their lives and get back into employment etc.

rory sloane calling time,

can we finally rest the curse of liam anthony??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back