Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Work trivia night tonight.

I'm gonna smash this s**t so hard I'll be doing a triumphant mother****in victory lap 'round the conference center.

Good luck. Trivia is one of my favourite things.
And one of the few things I’m not bad at.

Call up tell them to disconnect your entire package. Wait 1-3 days and they'll call you with a new deal.

I am currently paying $45p/m for everything except movies

Edit: Also mention Netflix has everything you need,

Moved this here to suck up to the mods.

I assume that was direct with Foxtel. Any clue whether it would be the same if getting Foxtel through Telstra? I think we're currently $80 for everything except movies.

You must really enjoy the kids channels :grinning:

Moved this here to suck up to the mods.

I assume that was direct with Foxtel. Any clue whether it would be the same if getting Foxtel through Telstra? I think we're currently $80 for everything except movies.

You must really enjoy the kids channels :grinning:
Direct through Foxtel, unsure if Telstra do any deals. Can't hurt to ask

I think music channel is mixed with kids channel, don't mind the music channels every now and again.:thumbsu:

Did you ever have a pain so bad it makes you laugh?

I have said pain now.

Yesterday I was hanging around in the garden, there is a fig tree down the side that really annoys me, there are a tangle of twines blocking off my walk way - I grabbed the branch saw to just knock a few of them away. I had thongs on (hello straya) but it was only a two minute job, a couple of swishes and ill be done.

so ive grabbed a handful of tangles and have hacked at it but it cut through a lot easer than I thought, the sharp teeth slid straight through and out the other side, onto my third toe giving it a little nip. Didn't hurt, just a scratch....

Then the blood came, I've never seen so much blood so quickly! and it was so luminous, bright bright red

I hopped to the deck, my thong was now covered, my entire foot dripping, the floor like a crime scene, the kids are screaming and running - I felt kinda tough, its ok kids, ill deal with it! Just ask mum for a band aid...

I lie on the ground and raise my foot to try and stem it, Mrs Moon comes out, "your an idiot, thongs?"

don't live in the past I said, whats done is done, lets concentrate on the future, and fixing my foot.

she tries to put a bandaid on but it just floats away in a red current, I figure ill just let it all dry, then go wash it off, and put a bandaid on. So I waited 10 mins for coagulation, stuck my foot in the basin and washed it all off. The slice is minuscule! its a 1 cm gash across the top of toe 3 - a tiny flesh wound. I put a bandaid around it and im sorted. No pain.

Put my thong back on, went out and finished the job, did about an hours yard work - then came inside and watched tv.

About two hours later.. hang on, its getting a bit stiff down there, little bit sore.. I try to lift the toe.. wow! that hurt, ok ill lie back for a bit, let it rest.

3 hours in, shes getting real sore, starting to throb.. boom boom, boom boom, I cant even wiggle any of them. Ive got that claustrophobic feeling like when you have your feet crunched into a pair of shoes too small.

I have to manually wiggle the 4 other toes by hand just to relieve my fear.

5 hours, now its really sore!, its the awkward laugh pain now... every now and then I start laughing.. whats so funny says mrs moon? I dunno, its my foot I said, it hurts so much its making me laugh. I think its a nervous thing, its like me trying to laugh off a pain that if it gets any worse ill be in trouble..

I cant walk, I cant bend that toe so by extension none of them... im limping on my heel trying to figure out how ill go to work. I loosen all my laces and try get my show on, im laughing hysterically as I try get it on, I have no idea why

I get it on, but cant get it off. oooh ooh ahh ahh ill get it ill get it off, I got it off.

Now im on the couch with elevated foot, im like a sparrow acutely aware of all my surroundings - I know from experience kids have a sick homing beacon that knows here you are hurting and they will some how hit it.

they are hovering around all the time, walking by, I just know they will knock it, jnr throwing a ball about nonchalantly

Get that friggin ball out of here I yell, im snarling at everyone to stay clear of my foot.

all because of a 1cm scratch? what even is this?

im now in bed, its throbbing like a bass drum, its got pins and needles, its hot, its cold, it hurts when I roll over, it hurts when the doona drags on it.

What gives??? is it just because there are nerves down there and bone and no meat? is all the bodies pain filtered down to the toes? all concentrated into those little things like straight red cordial?

I've got one work boot on, and one runner. Ive seen this before, people who hurt a foot and wear crocs, its a deadly trap. Once you wear a croc once, you wear them forever, like some weird cult. Ill not wear a croc. So runner it is.

Took my 15 minutes to limp to the bus stop, 20 minutes to limp from the train station.

I'm not laughing anymore. I want it to end.

Pain when sitting a 2, pain when walking, still an 8.

Did you ever have a pain so bad it makes you laugh?

I have said pain now.

Yesterday I was hanging around in the garden, there is a fig tree down the side that really annoys me, there are a tangle of twines blocking off my walk way - I grabbed the branch saw to just knock a few of them away. I had thongs on (hello straya) but it was only a two minute job, a couple of swishes and ill be done.

so ive grabbed a handful of tangles and have hacked at it but it cut through a lot easer than I thought, the sharp teeth slid straight through and out the other side, onto my third toe giving it a little nip. Didn't hurt, just a scratch....

Then the blood came, I've never seen so much blood so quickly! and it was so luminous, bright bright red

I hopped to the deck, my thong was now covered, my entire foot dripping, the floor like a crime scene, the kids are screaming and running - I felt kinda tough, its ok kids, ill deal with it! Just ask mum for a band aid...

I lie on the ground and raise my foot to try and stem it, Mrs Moon comes out, "your an idiot, thongs?"

don't live in the past I said, whats done is done, lets concentrate on the future, and fixing my foot.

she tries to put a bandaid on but it just floats away in a red current, I figure ill just let it all dry, then go wash it off, and put a bandaid on. So I waited 10 mins for coagulation, stuck my foot in the basin and washed it all off. The slice is minuscule! its a 1 cm gash across the top of toe 3 - a tiny flesh wound. I put a bandaid around it and im sorted. No pain.

Put my thong back on, went out and finished the job, did about an hours yard work - then came inside and watched tv.

About two hours later.. hang on, its getting a bit stiff down there, little bit sore.. I try to lift the toe.. wow! that hurt, ok ill lie back for a bit, let it rest.

3 hours in, shes getting real sore, starting to throb.. boom boom, boom boom, I cant even wiggle any of them. Ive got that claustrophobic feeling like when you have your feet crunched into a pair of shoes too small.

I have to manually wiggle the 4 other toes by hand just to relieve my fear.

5 hours, now its really sore!, its the awkward laugh pain now... every now and then I start laughing.. whats so funny says mrs moon? I dunno, its my foot I said, it hurts so much its making me laugh. I think its a nervous thing, its like me trying to laugh off a pain that if it gets any worse ill be in trouble..

I cant walk, I cant bend that toe so by extension none of them... im limping on my heel trying to figure out how ill go to work. I loosen all my laces and try get my show on, im laughing hysterically as I try get it on, I have no idea why

I get it on, but cant get it off. oooh ooh ahh ahh ill get it ill get it off, I got it off.

Now im on the couch with elevated foot, im like a sparrow acutely aware of all my surroundings - I know from experience kids have a sick homing beacon that knows here you are hurting and they will some how hit it.

they are hovering around all the time, walking by, I just know they will knock it, jnr throwing a ball about nonchalantly

Get that friggin ball out of here I yell, im snarling at everyone to stay clear of my foot.

all because of a 1cm scratch? what even is this?

im now in bed, its throbbing like a bass drum, its got pins and needles, its hot, its cold, it hurts when I roll over, it hurts when the doona drags on it.

What gives??? is it just because there are nerves down there and bone and no meat? is all the bodies pain filtered down to the toes? all concentrated into those little things like straight red cordial?

I've got one work boot on, and one runner. Ive seen this before, people who hurt a foot and wear crocs, its a deadly trap. Once you wear a croc once, you wear them forever, like some weird cult. Ill not wear a croc. So runner it is.

Took my 15 minutes to limp to the bus stop, 20 minutes to limp from the train station.

I'm not laughing anymore. I want it to end.

Pain when sitting a 2, pain when walking, still an 8.
sounds like classic tetenus symptoms.

Not sure if serious or not, but don't tetanus symptoms show a few days later, not a couple of hours?
nah - not serious. I knew there was a delay of more than a few hours but just s**t stirring!

EDIT
I looked it up, I got scared..

10 days.. lock jaw, muscle spasm, drooling.
oops!

Maybe you should go to a doctor Howard Moon.

It's only been a day though. Being a true man, surely he has to give it minimum a week to see if it rights itself. Even if it gets worse over the next day or 2, it might get better after that.

You are a true man aren't you Howard Moon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll give it a day, if the swelling keeps creeping I'll go.

The sap from the saw could be a culprit
I'd normally say give it a day or so but the swollen lump under the cut and the fact your skin is red spreading out from your toe over an inch back up the foot means I'd be getting it checked out.

At the very least get some dettol or betadine or something onto it.

guy at work told a farcical story today

He has a German Shepard at home, every day when he gets home the dog is waiting for him at the gate.

He gets home on Saturday, dog not at gate, that's strange! Goes inside, looks out the back, dog is under the tree looking up.

He goes outside to find a bloke up the tree, the next door neighbor, they were playing cricket and hit the ball over the fence, jumped the fence to get the ball, saw the dog and bolted up the tree - had been up there for 4 hours!

When they got home they called the cops, saying there was a dangerous dog.

hmmm??? so he jumps on another mans property then has the gall to call the cops complaining about the restrained in fence dog?

cops came over, told him he had to have signs on the fence warning about the dog ect ect.

if the dog a free roaming I could understand, but a dog restrained inside your own property?

how bout stay off my land and you'll be safe?

guy at work told a farcical story today

He has a German Shepard at home, every day when he gets home the dog is waiting for him at the gate.

He gets home on Saturday, dog not at gate, that's strange! Goes inside, looks out the back, dog is under the tree looking up.

He goes outside to find a bloke up the tree, the next door neighbor, they were playing cricket and hit the ball over the fence, jumped the fence to get the ball, saw the dog and bolted up the tree - had been up there for 4 hours!

When they got home they called the cops, saying there was a dangerous dog.

hmmm??? so he jumps on another mans property then has the gall to call the cops complaining about the restrained in fence dog?

cops came over, told him he had to have signs on the fence warning about the dog ect ect.

if the dog a free roaming I could understand, but a dog restrained inside your own property?

how bout stay off my land and you'll be safe?
Still waiting on the toe update.

As for the dog, we don’t have stand your ground type laws here, if the dog bit the guy the owner may well have been pinned for assault. Having signs up helps with the liability issue, but how do you know the neighbour went over the front fence and not a side one? How did the neighbour not know there was a dog next door anyway?

Still waiting on the toe update.

As for the dog, we don’t have stand your ground type laws here, if the dog bit the guy the owner may well have been pinned for assault. Having signs up helps with the liability issue, but how do you know the neighbour went over the front fence and not a side one? How did the neighbour not know there was a dog next door anyway?

Toe: swelling maintained but not worsened, pain less. Reckon its reached its zenith and is on the way back down.

That's the first thing I said, you live next door and don't know there is a dog?

he reckons they peeked over and the dog was nowhere to be seen, they took a punt they could get the ball and get back over - it was a trap! the dog was waiting ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back