Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the marathons this morning left me in tears.

Tears for all runners and the superhuman effort taken to complete a marathon.
Tears for the Scottish runner who was in obvious distress for 800 metres before collapsing on the course.

To Scezza and all others who have completed marathons and half marathons I am in awe of you.

Watching the marathons this morning left me in tears.

Tears for all runners and the superhuman effort taken to complete a marathon.
Tears for the Scottish runner who was in obvious distress for 800 metres before collapsing on the course.

To Scezza and all others who have completed marathons and half marathons I am in awe of you.
Was really hard to watch. He was going so well too.

Wife went to Queenstown for Work conference and because I couldn’t possibly look after my own kids my Mum has come up to assist.

Mum out of the blue says to me yesterday ‘Are you still going to your gym?’
I replied ‘yeah, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings. Why?’
Her answer: ‘Well that’s wonderful because you did get fat didn’t you!’

I’ve dropped two belt notches you old bat. What is with women in my life telling me I’m fat?

Why is there a Crypto Currency board at the top? Surely it can be hidden at the bottom of the forum, and those interested can go find it there?

So finally crossed the Nullarbor by vehicle. Perth to Adelaide, 3 day drive. Totally knackered.

On my to-do list. What brings you to Adelaide?

Well I moved there when I was 10 from Melbourne. It’s pretty much home now. Haven’t been back for 12 years so thought it was time to do a family road trip.

I have a question...

Was just walking at the train station, going toward the ticket turnstile..ahead of me is a blind guy with guide dog. Just as they are heading to the turnstyle the dog turns and leads the bloke to the right, I was about to say to the guy hey.. this way when the dog kept going , leading the guy to the lotto/ ticket desk.

How does the dog know old mate needs a top up on his myki?

I have a question...

Was just walking at the train station, going toward the ticket turnstile..ahead of me is a blind guy with guide dog. Just as they are heading to the turnstyle the dog turns and leads the bloke to the right, I was about to say to the guy hey.. this way when the dog kept going , leading the guy to the lotto/ ticket desk.

How does the dog know old mate needs a top up on his myki?
They train them really well, and very specifically, to respond to predetermined physical commands.

A mate of mine used to train them. From memory, its one finger up the anus for Myki top up, and 2 fingers for Tatts tickets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My boy said he wants to change teams to Collingwood, at first I was aghast but I've thought about it, I might allow it.
he’s a bit young to move out on his own isn’t he?

My boy said he wants to change teams to Collingwood, at first I was aghast but I've thought about it, I might allow it.

My cousin changed from Essendon to Collingwood at the age of 28 ten years ago to please his Collingwood supporting in laws who are mad mad mad pies fans. He's not regretted it since he reckons. I couldn't believe it. Personally I doubt it would destroy your life but damn if people don't think of you differently.

If you allow it you do realise you'll be taking him to their games don't you?

so I went to my first non Essendon game ever on Friday night while my girl played auskick - what an interesting experience!

I didn't think it would be any different but it was. Despite the crappy game, the crowd was sooo much different, there was none of the heightened
Essendon emotion or tension - we run on two gears at games, outrage, or fanatical cheering, either way its always tense and active.

This was different, it was flat but it was very friendly, lots of smiling faces and families - crucially the entire bottom section as GA - everyone was just roaming freely where they wanted, I was able to get up to the fence anywhere I needed to!

At an Essendon game its like fort knox.. cant go here, cant go there, cant walk here.. you are restricted to only a few bays or wherever your seat it.

it sounds dumb but supporting a club with a huge fan base does change your matchday experience I reckon

Pre game they had fans on the ground kicking for goals for bulldog shop vouchers - simple but effective fun. Never seen us try this.

I find it a little surprising that you've never been to a non-Essendon game before. I reckon I'd probably go to one a year on average. It's a very different experience; much more relaxing without the emotional investment.

I find it a little surprising that you've never been to a non-Essendon game before. I reckon I'd probably go to one a year on average. It's a very different experience; much more relaxing without the emotional investment.

I dont generally get to go to the footy much, so when I do go I go to see us, maybe my non emotional investments was another element to how it felt.

It's fun going to a neutral game with supporters of the club playing. You get to enjoy the game and also get a glimpse of what you're like when emotionally invested as we all are when we go to EFC games.

I just tried to rescue a little black house spider that was inside on one of our windows and set it free to feast on the ants and bugs out in the garden - and instead clumsily squashed it to an untimely death.

You ******* idiot Doss.

I just tried to rescue a little black house spider that was inside on one of our windows and set it free to feast on the ants and bugs out in the garden - and instead clumsily squashed it to an untimely death.

You ******* idiot Doss.
I am satisfied with this outcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back