Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if a lot knock it back there should be no shortage. Especially if Mike bothered to look outside Victoria but he doesn't know anything about footy outside Victoria and **** doing research on people he doesn't already know.

true!

I can only recall knuckles Curley and Cornes from over yonder, pretty sparse

how long til razor ray grabs a few phone books and sits on the big chair?

In a moment of weakness today I shared a little oddity about myself to a group of semi friends, even as it was coming out of my mouth I thought , I'm gunna get ridicule here, what am I doing??? But after a few Snickers another bloke followed me in and said he does similar and I thought hmm maybe this is a thing! Anyhow, I thought I'd bring it here.

I know my brain is wired somewhat oddly and is always rolling in over thought, it might be ok in the day time but come bed time it can be impossible to get to sleep.

Most people have techniques they use, some count sheep, some imagine waves lapping on a beach...neither worked for me but I stumbled upon something that works everytime without fail!

I lie there with eyes closed facing up to a Bowler...over and over again he bowls it in the slot and I hit the perfect cover drive, just in the slot, crack, in the slot, crack.. I know it sounds dumb but there is something so satisfying about it, it's like the perfect end to the perfect question, poetry in motion... everything in its place..serenity. it soothes any jagged thoughts I have Into a smooth motion, bowl, crack, bowl, crack... It lulls me to sleep.

(I know how weird it sounds)

So after a few snickers and crickets a guy goes, a recurring sleep thought of mine is landing the perfect line and length off break, It's just so satisfying, something about it lulls you to sleep..

I'm like yes!! You get it! Im not alone...

Anyhow, try it, it works.

In a moment of weakness today I shared a little oddity about myself to a group of semi friends, even as it was coming out of my mouth I thought , I'm gunna get ridicule here, what am I doing??? But after a few Snickers another bloke followed me in and said he does similar and I thought hmm maybe this is a thing! Anyhow, I thought I'd bring it here.

I know my brain is wired somewhat oddly and is always rolling in over thought, it might be ok in the day time but come bed time it can be impossible to get to sleep.

Most people have techniques they use, some count sheep, some imagine waves lapping on a beach...neither worked for me but I stumbled upon something that works everytime without fail!

I lie there with eyes closed facing up to a Bowler...over and over again he bowls it in the slot and I hit the perfect cover drive, just in the slot, crack, in the slot, crack.. I know it sounds dumb but there is something so satisfying about it, it's like the perfect end to the perfect question, poetry in motion... everything in its place..serenity. it soothes any jagged thoughts I have Into a smooth motion, bowl, crack, bowl, crack... It lulls me to sleep.

(I know how weird it sounds)

So after a few snickers and crickets a guy goes, a recurring sleep thought of mine is landing the perfect line and length off break, It's just so satisfying, something about it lulls you to sleep..

I'm like yes!! You get it! Im not alone...

Anyhow, try it, it works.
I was a fast bowler. How can I relax from a perfect bouncer badging someone? I'll be fired up more than ever.

So run the facebook page for a Dance Eisteddfod, I'm cultured so what, and the entries closed in late March.

However the amount of mums messaging the page going "I know entries are closed and you said its final but can you please let me precious little snowflake compete so they don't know Mummy forgot to put them in" is amazing.

Honestly I get that time gets away and all that and people genuinely forget things but I just can't fathom how many people expect the rules to be broken for them and get outright abusive when I tell them no.
Bad Mum confession: I forgot once, for my youngest’s first solo.

As soon as I read the email from the school I efficiently entered all of my other daughter’s dances, including group ones for other kids as I usually do this for the other Mums. All I had in my defence was that the list from the teacher had my daughter’s name spelled incorrectly and I assumed it was another child, and I also thought that I was entering for an earlier competition which she wasn’t in. I immediately fired off the acknowledgement as requested to her teacher with the receipt (smugly anticipating that I was the first), which she obviously never checked.

When I realised I sent a short polite email without any irrelevant excuses, and without any hope that I would get an exception (which I acknowledged), and received a form 1 line response. I think I almost would have preferred an email like boncer34 wanted to send, as it would have been a righteous smiting and at least indicate that they recognised the enormity of my mistake.

Perhaps if you faked some extra sympathy or say/pretend that you looked into it that might head off some of the abuse? I would just like to add that I didn’t send any response, abusive or otherwise - I would normally thank someone if they made an effort, even if the answer wasn’t what I wanted.

I was saved by another Eisteffod on the following weekend at the same venue, I swore her older sister to secrecy and she never knew that it was a different competition. There was only one other kid in her section and she proudly waltzed off with a trophy that she would never have got otherwise as the other competition was full of kids older and better than her.

I know it probably wasn’t you and I am sure you do express sympathy and / or consideration. I’m sorry if I have veered towards unwarranted criticism, but you touched off a guilty memory! People get angrier when it is their own fault.

Bad Mum confession: I forgot once, for my youngest’s first solo.

As soon as I read the email from the school I efficiently entered all of my other daughter’s dances, including group ones for other kids as I usually do this for the other Mums. All I had in my defence was that the list from the teacher had my daughter’s name spelled incorrectly and I assumed it was another child, and I also thought that I was entering for an earlier competition which she wasn’t in. I immediately fired off the acknowledgement as requested to her teacher with the receipt (smugly anticipating that I was the first), which she obviously never checked.

When I realised I sent a short polite email without any irrelevant excuses, and without any hope that I would get an exception (which I acknowledged), and received a form 1 line response. I think I almost would have preferred an email like boncer34 wanted to send, as it would have been a righteous smiting and at least indicate that they recognised the enormity of my mistake.

Perhaps if you faked some extra sympathy or say/pretend that you looked into it that might head off some of the abuse? I would just like to add that I didn’t send any response, abusive or otherwise - I would normally thank someone if they made an effort, even if the answer wasn’t what I wanted.

I was saved by another Eisteffod on the following weekend at the same venue, I swore her older sister to secrecy and she never knew that it was a different competition. There was only one other kid in her section and she proudly waltzed off with a trophy that she would never have got otherwise as the other competition was full of kids older and better than her.

I know it probably wasn’t you and I am sure you do express sympathy and / or consideration. I’m sorry if I have veered towards unwarranted criticism, but you touched off a guilty memory! People get angrier when it is their own fault.

My wife forgot to go to Parents Day at our 7 yr old's school the other day.

With me being at work I was ruled out so she put it into her phone the week before.
Despite this and the alarm going off on her phone on the day she still forgot and our girl was the only one there who had no parent.

I got a phone call from the school asking if either myself or my wife were attending and advising me that our girl was in tears and very upset.
So I called the wife to see if she was ok as it was unlike her, who then also broke down into tears & started to call herself a bad parent.
She had to go to an emergency work meeting.

When I got home that evening I had three females in my house (that includes the 4 yr old who'd been at Kinder all day) all exhausted emotionally and physically. Tears everywhere. Early nights to bed for all.

Dad got to watch The Front Bar with no one bothering him. It all worked out in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have had friends staying over from the USA this week, I think they had a pivotal moment with us that has awoken them to the fact they need to get pout and come here.

We both have children in primary school, and we send their kids with ours for a day at our school to see how it compares. They came back all doe eyed, they couldn't believe how relaxed and inviting school was - how kids were being kids. They said even as strangers they felt immediately comfortable walking the school grounds - and the kids said all they wanted to do all day was smile. At their schools its ultra competitive and fake and serious, no place for fun or relaxation. Everything is structured toward maximizing your future, even at age 5.

They are 5 and 7, they go to school in DC - one day the 7 year old came home and when asked how school was he calmly said oh it was ok, we had another drill - like it was a normal thing... once a week they do 'drill', where at any moment they have to drop and hide under their tables incase of a shooter... its so grim! its WW2 stuff from London. Worse still this is a normal thing now for this little girl and boy, its normalized.. its sad.

The dad, when he first arrived in DC accidently drove up a one way street, there happened to be a police car about who put the sirens on and followed. He pulled ovr and stared to get out of the car to go explain - they lost their s**t!! FREEZE.. DONT MOVE PUT YOU HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM, WHAT THE FK DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING !!!! umm im coming to talk to you? e said.. they relaxed, oh, your not from around here, never get out of the car they said - we must assume everybody is armed - because they are.

Everybody in the US is on edge, he said, there is this fake façade where everybody is projecting nice and smile and have a nice day and happy family, but a layer below everyone is on high edge, armed to the teeth, suspicious and not relaxed or calm.

He pulled into a mall a few weeks later - half into a car park when someone else took it - in Australia or England you might stay and argue the point, so he began to do that, his passenger said.... Stop. put. it. in. reverse, leave. Its not worth dying for. Its a car spot. Everyone is armed.

We have had friends staying over from the USA this week, I think they had a pivotal moment with us that has awoken them to the fact they need to get pout and come here.

We both have children in primary school, and we send their kids with ours for a day at our school to see how it compares. They came back all doe eyed, they couldn't believe how relaxed and inviting school was - how kids were being kids. They said even as strangers they felt immediately comfortable walking the school grounds - and the kids said all they wanted to do all day was smile. At their schools its ultra competitive and fake and serious, no place for fun or relaxation. Everything is structured toward maximizing your future, even at age 5.

They are 5 and 7, they go to school in DC - one day the 7 year old came home and when asked how school was he calmly said oh it was ok, we had another drill - like it was a normal thing... once a week they do 'drill', where at any moment they have to drop and hide under their tables incase of a shooter... its so grim! its WW2 stuff from London. Worse still this is a normal thing now for this little girl and boy, its normalized.. its sad.

The dad, when he first arrived in DC accidently drove up a one way street, there happened to be a police car about who put the sirens on and followed. He pulled ovr and stared to get out of the car to go explain - they lost their s**t!! FREEZE.. DONT MOVE PUT YOU HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM, WHAT THE FK DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING !!!! umm im coming to talk to you? e said.. they relaxed, oh, your not from around here, never get out of the car they said - we must assume everybody is armed - because they are.

Everybody in the US is on edge, he said, there is this fake façade where everybody is projecting nice and smile and have a nice day and happy family, but a layer below everyone is on high edge, armed to the teeth, suspicious and not relaxed or calm.

He pulled into a mall a few weeks later - half into a car park when someone else took it - in Australia or England you might stay and argue the point, so he began to do that, his passenger said.... Stop. put. it. in. reverse, leave. Its not worth dying for. Its a car spot. Everyone is armed.

Yeah but they're only armed so they can defend themselves against the badies. It's their constitutional right to arm themselves against the badies.

Maybe if they just armed all the kids they wouldn't have to bother with the drills because they'd all be safe.
Then they'll have to arm the pets to protect them against the armed kids, but then who protects everyone from the armed pets?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back