Random Random Chat Thread XL

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
my concern is. if they get too many guns they may weigh too much as a country - it could tilt the earth off its axis and create a perennial winter.

I just don't think the wool industry has prepared for this eventuation, however good it may be for our economy.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
im lead to believe if you play dead an armed bear will walk away, also they are prone to being distracted by hunny from bee hives, id arm the bees.

Only if they attack to the tunes of their personalised Anthrax soundtrack.

upload_2018-6-21_14-8-8.png

This morning, I ordered a coffee at one of the cafes near work. Quite nice I might add, too.

However, I made myself feel like an utter dickhead when it came time to take my coffee and go...I thanked the barista with the appalling "thanks, champ".

Champ?

The word had quite literally just passed my lips when I realised my folly. No one says champ these days; not without intentionally being a condescending tosser anyway.

Why didn't I just say 'mate' like I would every other time? I had nothing against the guy.

This morning, I ordered a coffee at one of the cafes near work. Quite nice I might add, too.

However, I made myself feel like an utter dickhead when it came time to take my coffee and go...I thanked the barista with the appalling "thanks, champ".

Champ?

The word had quite literally just passed my lips when I realised my folly. No one says champ these days; not without intentionally being a condescending tosser anyway.

Why didn't I just say 'mate' like I would every other time? I had nothing against the guy.
All good Champ

And have a nice day

I like buddy.
I certainly don't take umbrage if someone calls me buddy, yeah.

Champ? I really have no idea how that happened. I never call people that.

At least it wasn't 'sport' or 'cocko', I guess. They're just unfiltered campaigner territory.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
I remember when we were overseas as kids being crushed under the weight of another language all around us, almost felt alone and claustrophobic... It would be my dad's Australianisms that would weirdly make me feel better..

Hop on a train... Jeez it's chocka block in ere...ect

Lsst week hadn't seen him for ages, we went to the footy for the first time in a decade, twice we kicked the ball over the top, twice he yells out two pearlers..

"Run like the dickens!"

"Run like the clappers!"

Then the classic, give it to him, he's on his Pat over there!

I certainly don't take umbrage if someone calls me buddy, yeah.

Champ? I really have no idea how that happened. I never call people that.

At least it wasn't 'sport' or 'cocko', I guess. They're just unfiltered campaigner territory.

Chin up sport.

That's right up there

Champ?

Congrats on the job.

Champ?

You can never go back there again, you know that don't you?

Back