Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Front Bar is my favourite football show, really funny. I've been watching it since it was only available on the AFL site (a few years ago now). Big Molloy fan, but Sam Pang steals the show.
Tim was hilarious, I especially liked the story of when the Essendon recruiters picked him up from Dimboola.
The Front Bar shows everyone what's been missing from Footy Shows over the past decade and that's heart.
Love that they bring in past players and coaches instead of current players. The Stephen Kernaghan episode has been my fave so far.
Yes Andy Maher could easily be replaced with a plate full of tofu however Molloy and Pang need a spud like him, the straight man as it were.
Plus I love how they just drink a beer as well during the show. There's something really honest about it.
Also love seeing Santo Cilauro pop in.

Brilliant show.

What did you watch it on? Foxtel Now on Chromecast/Apple TV or Telstra TV is perfect HD quality. It's slightly less quality for fast paced sports like AFL but mostly pretty decent if you've got reasonable internet speeds.
It was an app on the computer, Live TV streaming and mirrored through the Apple TV. HD downloads are far, far better. Even streaming from the AFL app, or YouTube or Netflix is better (using the same apple TV set up and everything). This thing would stutter, stop and buffer, go to a low quality setting and then keep stuttering. It wasn't unwatchable but if I'd had any other options I would've used them.

I've apparently had NBN for about a fortnight now but haven't noticed any difference at all, so whatever is s**t about that Foxtel app is as good as it's going to get. It might've been server load as well, I didn't watch the first episode through this system, I only started using the Foxtel app thing I think for episode 2 or 3. Apparently it crashed during the Game of Thrones premiere?

What we're getting installed in about a week won't be through the internet so it should be better.

It was an app on the computer, Live TV streaming and mirrored through the Apple TV. HD downloads are far, far better. Even streaming from the AFL app, or YouTube or Netflix is better (using the same apple TV set up and everything). This thing would stutter, stop and buffer, go to a low quality setting and then keep stuttering. It wasn't unwatchable but if I'd had any other options I would've used them.

I've apparently had NBN for about a fortnight now but haven't noticed any difference at all, so whatever is s**t about that Foxtel app is as good as it's going to get. It might've been server load as well, I didn't watch the first episode through this system, I only started using the Foxtel app thing I think for episode 2 or 3. Apparently it crashed during the Game of Thrones premiere?

What we're getting installed in about a week won't be through the internet so it should be better.
It wasn't clear when I signed up to the NBN that I was only getting a max. of 25Mbps, I had to pay extra to get bumped to 50. I was lucky enough to have had really fast adsl2 before, so I was a bit peeved to realise I hadn't improved much by going to the nbn.

It wasn't clear when I signed up to the NBN that I was only getting a max. of 25Mbps, I had to pay extra to get bumped to 50. I was lucky enough to have had really fast adsl2 before, so I was a bit peeved to realise I hadn't improved much by going to the nbn.
Hmm I will look into it. NBN ready plan and blah blah, didn't realise there were speed tiers :/

Hmm I will look into it. NBN ready plan and blah blah, didn't realise there were speed tiers :/
I was fooled too, thought NBN = super fast automatically.

To top it off just because you pay for a faster speed doesn't mean you can get it. When I increased my maximum speed they did say to check after upgrading as not all connections are capable of the fastest speeds. It is faster but still glitches occasionally, which is maddening.:mad:

Also the modems they usually give you are pretty basic, I added a Belkin wifi extender to improve access at the front of the house and all my devices connect to it first as the signal is better, sometimes even when I am in the same room as the modem.

Marriage equality vote paperwork came in today. Noticed that some of the envelopes have honourifics (Mr/Miss) and some don't.

I'm thinking that if you register more recently for the electoral roll then you have to select a title, but previously maybe you didn't have to have a title?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was watching an ad the other day - radio rentals

I was thinking to myself - who would actually use that mob any more? white goods and electronics are so cheap now they are throwaway...not to mention available credit is everywhere.

I noticed on their sign, they have been around since 1937

i'm assuming this pre dates fridges, TV's - pretty much everything... except the radio?

back in the day, do you reckon they just 'leased radios to everyone? were they just too big an item to purchase??

was watching an ad the other day - radio rentals

I was thinking to myself - who would actually use that mob any more? white goods and electronics are so cheap now they are throwaway...not to mention available credit is everywhere.

I noticed on their sign, they have been around since 1937

i'm assuming this pre dates fridges, TV's - pretty much everything... except the radio?

back in the day, do you reckon they just 'leased radios to everyone? were they just too big an item to purchase??
A lot of people can't get credit cards or other forms of credit (solely on Centrelink, poor credit file or currently Bankrupt etc) so they have no other option. There's still a very big market for a rent to buy/leased product, although Thorn Group (RR's parent company) has had some issues lately with ASIC.

A lot of people can't get credit cards or other forms of credit (solely on Centrelink, poor credit file or currently Bankrupt etc) so they have no other option. There's still a very big market for a rent to buy/leased product, although Thorn Group (RR's parent company) has had some issues lately with ASIC.

is that over the lease try buy lark?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back