Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

* me.

I've come back to work from lunch and the tension in here could be cut with a knife. So I've just asked someone 'wtf is going on?'
Turns out my Team Leader just got verbally abused by the head of finance.

We have a team meeting (the first in 6 months today) and two of his staff are helping out by picking up some calls for us for an hour.
Needless to say he's come out and vented his extreme disapproval to her in front of our entire department. He's a venomous s**t this bloke and can't handle out the box situations let alone stress. Started then banding on about how his staff stay back 2 hrs every night and that our staff get to go home on time (wtf does that have to do with our department I don't know??).

FYI- My team leader is champion and awesome at her job and ALWAYS respectful. I can't believe I missed it.

Shannon Noll has just set back the while middle aged male cause back about 5 years... sif we were not up against it already with toxic masculinitygate

and that's before he even sang

sigh
What happened?

What happened?

played a gig at a country race track (you know the crowd)

someone chucked a can onstage - he started ranting ...im going to smash your fing teeth down your throat then f your mum and your sister... come up here like a man, ill fix you up infront of every one - offering the crowd a 100 if someone would smash him.. ect

the crowd all cheering and whistling...

the exact type of thing most normal functional males are trying to stand up against - yet we are all tarred with that brush

Can anyone tell me roughly what should be faster? ADSL or 4g?

Been having loads of trouble with our ADSL lately.. tested both just now, 4g was around 8mbps, the ADSL 7mbps

Where should it be? (Evening peak) (wifi 3 bars)
I don't have an answer, but I'm having the same issue. I think it's network related.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our had been for a couple of months...coincidence as the NBN blokes are kicking about...they probably knocked our line
Got NBN, and it worked pretty well. Didn't notice it being particularly fast but it wasn't particularly unreliable either for a few weeks. Then a couple of weeks ago all of a sudden I've got wifi dropping out and not reconnecting, the mobile phones are going in and out of coverage on all networks. There's something weird going on lol. It's odd because the mobile networks are affected as well, that seems unusual to me but ultimately it must all connect somewhere, right?

This morning, I ordered a coffee at one of the cafes near work. Quite nice I might add, too.

However, I made myself feel like an utter dickhead when it came time to take my coffee and go...I thanked the barista with the appalling "thanks, champ".

Champ?

The word had quite literally just passed my lips when I realised my folly. No one says champ these days; not without intentionally being a condescending tosser anyway.

Why didn't I just say 'mate' like I would every other time? I had nothing against the guy.
You can never go back there again, you know that don't you?

surely if you accidentally champ a bloke you have to go back and make amends, otherwise you will be the champ

Been having loads of trouble with our ADSL lately.. tested both just now, 4g was around 8mbps, the ADSL 7mbps

4g should be heaps faster than ADSL..

I get around 6-8 Mbps on ADSL at home and if I do a speed test on 4G on my phone, ill get anywhere between 25-50 mbps. just checked now with 45.8mbps.

there can be a lot of factors. to try to keep it simple, for most people on ADSL2 connections and not the NBN, the 4g network should be faster, but the 4g network comes with less data and more possible congestion issues

on a non-nbn network, the maximum ADSL speed is 25mbps although very few people get that. in reality, my maximum adsl speed is around 8-9mbps because how far my home is from the exchange affects the speed i can obtain. (very simple explanation: it's the cooper in the network. the more distance the cooper has to go, the more speed it loses. around 1.5km and more is when it starts biting.). meanwhile the average 4g speed in australia is, supposedly, 33mbps. so the average 4g is better than the maximum possible adsl2, but i assume the average 4g speed during these hours is closer to 20mbps than 40mbps.

if you're ever lucky enough to get the nbn, that connection should consistently be better than the 4g network...(but for some people it wasnt!)

Got NBN, and it worked pretty well. Didn't notice it being particularly fast but it wasn't particularly unreliable either for a few weeks. Then a couple of weeks ago all of a sudden I've got wifi dropping out and not reconnecting, the mobile phones are going in and out of coverage on all networks. There's something weird going on lol. It's odd because the mobile networks are affected as well, that seems unusual to me but ultimately it must all connect somewhere, right?

We generally have had a pretty good adsl connection - we are about 50m from the exchange, we run multiple devices plus the tv stream thru it , can usually download a fetch movie in a minute or so - or run 3 channels simultaneously... but one day about 3 months ago it just become unreliable, would drop out every half hour or so, streaming issues on tv.. just terrible. Ten one day my partner said we need a new phone, I cant hear anything on this one its so crackly.. I speed tested the line and it was going at 1mbps - a joke

I didn't trigger right away - but then I decided to call my ip last week to ask if they could look into it - right away she said has your phone always sounded like this? sounds like a line issue - long story short it seems to be fixed now after they sent a Telstra tech out. Going at 8-9 mbps today.

But now I think about it, around 2 months ago my ip sent a letter out saying they were doing checks in our neighborhood to see if the homes were suitable for NBN - I wonder in my limited knowledge if they may have damaged our line while doing this? Ive been churning my phone data for months, reckon they would reimburse me?

lastly, the nbn guys are out front today, reckon ill be ready to go in a few weeks... if im getting 8-9 atm.. is it worth m upgrading on the off chance my old copper system would be much better on nbn anyway? or will it be much better no matter what?

has anyone watched - or iviewed the show back in time for dinner?

its pretty good!

they have a family, take their home and re configure it to each decade, the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s 90s 00s - down the the last detail, the avail food, décor, the roles each family member has to play... its typical abc lefty feminine lopsided.. but I guess the 50s/60s were pretty slanted anyway.

but the shows worth a look, gives a good eye opening account at how much things have changed, how family dynamic has shifted, how trying to make the home makers job easier has lessened the quality of our food ect

give it a crack

has anyone watched - or iviewed the show back in time for dinner?

its pretty good!

they have a family, take their home and re configure it to each decade, the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s 90s 00s - down the the last detail, the avail food, décor, the roles each family member has to play... its typical abc lefty feminine lopsided.. but I guess the 50s/60s were pretty slanted anyway.

but the shows worth a look, gives a good eye opening account at how much things have changed, how family dynamic has shifted, how trying to make the home makers job easier has lessened the quality of our food ect

give it a crack
Yep. Watched it a few years ago. Was a trip down memory lane for the most part. :oops:

The only thing I really hated about it was the male presenter Giles Coren.

upload_2018-7-11_8-31-4.png

He's as much of a w***er as he looks. Also stunk up another show we watched called Amazing Hotels.

But shouldn't this be in the TV thread? :think:

Yep. Watched it a few years ago. Was a trip down memory lane for the most part. :oops:

The only thing I really hated about it was the male presenter Giles Coren.

View attachment 525820

He's as much of a w***er as he looks. Also stunk up another show we watched called Amazing Hotels.

But shouldn't this be in the TV thread? :think:

think that's the English version?

the Aus version has just aired.. you might like it more.. Annabel crabb is the host

Yeah that was the pom version. Didn't know they'd made an Australian one. I doubt there's much difference but maybe I'll check it out. There's so much content out there these days it's a bit ridiculous.

I reckon its way more apt, the food stuffs specific to Australia, the cars - even the style of house we live in compared to the old country. They even sat by the radio with dawn fraser and listened to her winning gold medal - and watched the Whitlam sacking on the tv while eating dinner. But your right im sure the formula would be probably bang on the same otherwise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back