Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

for the first 22 years of my life i was hayfeaver free.

now i suffer every year. it's hell
I had desensitising injections for 3 years as mine was chronic. While no longer chronic it's certainly still more than a nuisance.

Mine started coming on at a similar age too.

I had desensitising injections for 3 years as mine was chronic. While no longer chronic it's certainly still more than a nuisance.

Mine started coming on at a similar age too.
there’s a reason why but i can’t recall specifically, assume it’s to do with hormone changes or something similar

Imagine mowing lawns and gardening and your doc tells you that you are allergic to grass and dust!
I'd die. My allergy test had massive reactions to every type of grass pollen in addition to dust and pollen from the olive tree (apparently very common, thankfully olive groves are not).

Due to different grasses pollinating at different times of year I have an extended hayfever season lasting most of the warmer months, though it's worse in spring.

I'd die. My allergy test had massive reactions to every type of grass pollen in addition to dust and pollen from the olive tree (apparently very common, thankfully olive groves are not).

Due to different grasses pollinating at different times of year I have an extended hayfever season lasting most of the warmer months, though it's worse in spring.
I had a persistent cough for about a year and that's what I was told...so I took a job in a nursery and eventually it went away. I couldn't make enough coin working for someone else so I eventually started up again. It never came back luckily for me. My better half gets knocked around by it...and my oldest.

3rd day of spring (officially) and i'm already dying of hayfeaver.

in my naivety i figured a non-windy 20~ degree melbourne day would be perfect to avoid it but i'm now filled to the brim with snot and s**t

i hate it!
25 with northerly winds here, been a bad one. Smart me decided to mow the lawn too :confounded:

man, s**t sucks.

my auntie got diagnosed with the early stages of breast cancer a few weeks back, had surgery today and is going okay.

get a call from my older brother, and now his wife's mother has terminal bowel cancer.

s**t sucks, i hate it
That's rough. Hope you and your loved ones are going ok, relatively speaking

Had a close friend take their own life at the start of the week.
Check on your mates, double check on the ones that don't text back.

I lost a mate approx 22 years ago in the same way, and only 3 years ago my cousin's 14yo son took his life. They're things that never completely go away in your mind. It's awful for everyone, from the person who took their life to everyone left behind.

Get around each other, take care of each other, be strong for each other. I hope you're all going ok considering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe some people will see this maybe most won't but didn't want to start a new thread.

I'm big time into golf these days (when the back holds up). We have a great little golf community it's buried in the General Sports section, but since Chief made it Golf and other sports we have gotten more involved.

If anyone likes to play the most frustrating game around, jump into it here.

That is all. Have a great one

What books?
i bought neuromancer, do androids dream of electric sheep, war and peace, no country for old men, the brothers karamazov, frankenstein (so i have a copy that i did not ruin via annotation in year 10) and pedagogy of the oppressed, which is a interesting look at education through a marxist lens of analysis. i've read a digital copy of it and enjoyed it, and saw it cheap via readings so i grabbed it

i bought neuromancer, do androids dream of electric sheep, war and peace, no country for old men, the brothers karamazov, frankenstein (so i have a copy that i did not ruin via annotation in year 10) and pedagogy of the oppressed, which is a interesting look at education through a marxist lens of analysis. i've read a digital copy of it and enjoyed it, and saw it cheap via readings so i grabbed it
I thought a couple was two.

On a slightly different thread, have you listened to the audiobook version of Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir? IMO really good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back