Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a smug campaigner from centrelink tell me if I ignored their request to confirm my income they'd cut my payment off.

No worries dickhead I haven't taken money from you stains since I left uni in 2012.

Just had a smug campaigner from centrelink tell me if I ignored their request to confirm my income they'd cut my payment off.

No worries dickhead I haven't taken money from you stains since I left uni in 2012.
Someone at work had the same thing, hasn't had any money from centrelink for over 3 years. Running a tight ship over there.

Someone at work had the same thing, hasn't had any money from centrelink for over 3 years. Running a tight ship over there.
Tell me about it.

They decided I owed them a thousand bucks, when I protested the decision the guy on the phone tells me "Yeah look you're right we'll review the decision."

Fast forward 3 weeks I have to organise a payment plan otherwise the debt goes to debt collectors. The fact that I was protesting and likely to have it overturned was irrelevant so I organise a direct debit payment plan albeit starting after their review was due to be complete.

Review gets done and they tell me the debts been wiped. I ask do I need to do anything else or is that it? No payment plan now etc etc. Get told nope everything is done and dusted.

Monday they took the first repayment that I no longer had to do from my account. 2 hours later yesterday they finally work out they need to refund me my cash which will be refunded sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Then this s**t today. * me.

oh cool i just had this too. i just paid the money though as I figured the sum (same amount as you) was worth less than the complete nightmare of dealing with them and trying to get it overturned. just gonna have to postpone a purchase or two. oh well. i'm half expecting them to send the debt collectors after me anyway

oh cool i just had this too. i just paid the money though as I figured the sum (same amount as you) was worth less than the complete nightmare of dealing with them and trying to get it overturned.
This was my 2nd interaction with them.

ive had this thought recently where i realised that i am very rarely ever sick (touch wood), i mean even when things are going about my house or work i might pick them up for a day or something then shake it while others are layed down for ages. I went 6 years straight without taking a sick day at work. only started taking some to look after my kids. We eat all the same foods at home, live in the same environment - so i guess all you can put it down to is good gene stock. or can you?

i was doing a bit of reading and talking to a wellness doctor mate of mine and we got onto the topic of intermittant fasting, and its benefits.

when done properly and without stressors - it can have many health benefits.

Fasting aids cellular repair - the process called autophagy (i think) which removes dysfunctional proteins and waste materials from cells.
Lowers insulin levels in the blood by 20-30% - less diabetes risk
Enachances growth hormone producion x 5
Gene expression - several genes and molecules related to longevity and disease protection
Removes free radiacals - fights oxidative stress and inflamation

anyhow, thats all neither here nor there. Im not here to promote any such benefits.

but in my reading i found out one of the methods of fasting is called the leangains protocol, or the 16/8 method which is basically eating for 8 hours and fasting for 16 hours of the 24 hour day, ie pretty much missing breakfast...but not snacking either

I mean, humans have been fasting for years - if not for religious purposes - mostly out of needs when food wasnt available - our bodies learnt to adapt from hunter gather times when there just wasnt any food at times. Its not a scary concept, like a gaunt model waif thin...

so anyway my point is.

without actually knwoing it i think ive been doing it religously for years, because of my working hours, nearly every day of the mon-fri week i eat my dinner at 5-530pm then dont really eat again til after 10am (im not starving myself, not even hungry.. i just dont feel like eating in the morning)

So as it happens ive pretty much been doing the 16/8 system by the book for years on end.

I wonder if its made me and my cells rock solid inside? maybe thats why im not sick very much.

is this a thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive had this thought recently where i realised that i am very rarely ever sick (touch wood), i mean even when things are going about my house or work i might pick them up for a day or something then shake it while others are layed down for ages. I went 6 years straight without taking a sick day at work. only started taking some to look after my kids. We eat all the same foods at home, live in the same environment - so i guess all you can put it down to is good gene stock. or can you?

i was doing a bit of reading and talking to a wellness doctor mate of mine and we got onto the topic of intermittant fasting, and its benefits.

when done properly and without stressors - it can have many health benefits.

Fasting aids cellular repair - the process called autophagy (i think) which removes dysfunctional proteins and waste materials from cells.
Lowers insulin levels in the blood by 20-30% - less diabetes risk
Enachances growth hormone producion x 5
Gene expression - several genes and molecules related to longevity and disease protection
Removes free radiacals - fights oxidative stress and inflamation

anyhow, thats all neither here nor there. Im not here to promote any such benefits.

but in my reading i found out one of the methods of fasting is called the leangains protocol, or the 16/8 method which is basically eating for 8 hours and fasting for 16 hours of the 24 hour day, ie pretty much missing breakfast...but not snacking either

I mean, humans have been fasting for years - if not for religious purposes - mostly out of needs when food wasnt available - our bodies learnt to adapt from hunter gather times when there just wasnt any food at times. Its not a scary concept, like a gaunt model waif thin...

so anyway my point is.

without actually knwoing it i think ive been doing it religously for years, because of my working hours, nearly every day of the mon-fri week i eat my dinner at 5-530pm then dont really eat again til after 10am (im not starving myself, not even hungry.. i just dont feel like eating in the morning)

So as it happens ive pretty much been doing the 16/8 system by the book for years on end.

I wonder if its made me and my cells rock solid inside? maybe thats why im not sick very much.

is this a thing?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/intermittent-fasting.965961/

Here is a large thread on intermittent fasting on the Health and Fitness board. It can be a decent board at times, but tread lightly, some of the natives are sensitive :D

thinking of flying down for round 1 as changes in my job actually allow me to do such a thing. anything else happening in Melbourne that weekend
There's a gathering prior to the game if you want to meet a few folk, but I suspect you meant something more wholesome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back